Miss Israel's selfie with others at Miss Universe causes distress for Miss Lebanon

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why This Photo of Beauty Queen Miss Israel Is Causing an Uproar | TheBlaze.com
A Lebanese minister said he planned to launch an investigation Monday into how Miss Lebanon ended up being photographed with Miss Israel on the sidelines of the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.

The controversy began when Miss Israel, Doron Matalon, posted a photo on Instagram posing next to the contestant from neighboring Lebanon, stoking an outcry in Lebanon to which Lebanese beauty queen Saly Greige replied that she’d simply been photo-bombed.​
No bias there. :doh:

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So according to Miss Lebanon “I was having a photo with Miss Japan, Miss Slovenia, suddenly Miss Israel jumped in and took a selfie, and uploaded it on her social media” but Miss Lebanon’s hands are empty, so who was taking the photo with Miss Japan and Miss Slovenia?

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,874.00
Faith
Christian
So according to Miss Lebanon “I was having a photo with Miss Japan, Miss Slovenia, suddenly Miss Israel jumped in and took a selfie, and uploaded it on her social media” but Miss Lebanon’s hands are empty, so who was taking the photo with Miss Japan and Miss Slovenia?

It sounds like a UN conference, but with tiaras....

Miss Russia photobombing Miss Ukraine, Miss USA finally making up with Miss Cuba after an ages-long falling out, Miss Philippines and Miss Vietnam casting angry glances at Miss China for pinching their boyfriends.....

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like a UN conference, but with tiaras....

Miss Russia photobombing Miss Ukraine, Miss USA finally making up with Miss Cuba after an ages-long falling out, Miss Philippines and Miss Vietnam casting angry glances at Miss China for pinching their boyfriends.....

And swim suites

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Lebanese minister said he planned to launch an investigation Monday into how Miss Lebanon ended up being photographed with Miss Israel on the sidelines of the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.

The controversy began when Miss Israel, Doron Matalon, posted a photo on Instagram posing next to the contestant from neighboring Lebanon, stoking an outcry in Lebanon to which Lebanese beauty queen Saly Greige replied that she’d simply been photo-bombed.

This is ridiculous! It's a stupid popularity contest and certain countries can't take a break from being pig headed and anti-Semitic?!?! Boy, hope there isn't ever an instance of Israel vs Lebanon in the Olympics! This makes Lebanon look petty and childish. I hope they understand that well. This is a microcosm of the conflict there. Israel is trying to be cool with everybody, but some have their noses so far in the air, they can't take them out of their own backsides! I almost think Miss Lebanon should be disqualified for this, but she may have said what she said because of the threats on her life for "daring to be seen with an Israeli!"

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The controversy began when Miss Israel, Doron Matalon, posted a photo on Instagram posing next to the contestant from neighboring Lebanon, stoking an outcry in Lebanon to which Lebanese beauty queen Saly Greige replied that she’d simply been photo-bombed.​

I'd bet she was told to write those words to save her Lebonese face and crown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Cute girls, all of them. I don't get how politics gets brought into the mix... it's a beauty pageant for crying out loud.

The fact that Miss Lebanon could be disqualified for this, even if she participated in the pic, is just stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Daily Star, an English-language Lebanese newspaper, reported that there have been calls for Greige to be stripped of her Miss Lebanon title, because any contact with Israel is illegal in Lebanon.

Really mature attitude to have.

I'm no fan of Israel, but this is mean spirited and isn't going to improve relations any.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You do know that people have been asking third parties to take pictures since the invention of the camera, right?

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
If they were getting ready for a photo before Miss Israel jumps in, why haven’t we seen that photo? Why is it just Miss Israel’s photo that is being shown?
Because after Miss Isreal jumped in and took her picture, they didn't take the other one?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
why isnt she in a burka? if a woman dressed like they do in the contests and walked around in lebanon, it wouldnt be 5 minutes before she was gang raped and murdered.

I believe Lebanon is mostly Christian. That might be a reason why. I could be mistaken.

Upvote 0