Dec 4, 2005
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was absolutely shocked to read that 12 of the miners had died because the news when I went to bed last night was that 12 of them had been found alive. :( I feel very bad for the family members of those who died, especially since they had been given false information (accidentally, I'm sure) that their loved ones had survived. To go from extreme joy to extreme sadness in such a short time must be devastating.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
mhatten said:
All valid questions but really there is a time and a place for everything, and to me the morning of the discovery of their deaths is not it. The answers aren't going to change if we wait a week or so to ask these questions.

I totally agree. We are talking about families that were told "they're alive" only to be told hours later.."oops, they're actually dead". That's an emotional rollercoaster (to say that least) that no one should have to go through. People need to show some tact and wait a few days.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Agree. Well put. However, I do not detect a sincere interest in religion.

Oh, I'm sure the interest is sincere. But not in the manner you wish it to be.

But I too woke up this morning believing they had been rescued, only to find out later that it was wrong. I had felt great that their neighbors had all come together to work hard to bring these guys out only to find out that didn't happen. I felt terrible.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Helo said:
Im sure they have, but I just get frustrated when people just automatically consider everything good that happens a miracle

I would advise not hanging around Christians then. It's one of those things we do. As well as, thanking those that have worked to help us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dont believe tv news. They dont do investigative reporting anymore. They parrot what others say and that is all they do. Fox news , cnn they are just broadcasting companies. All their stories come from the associated press and reuters. I cant remember the last time I saw either of the big cable news stations do their own story.

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Let's not confuse interest in religion with using the opportunity to chastise those of faith. Ha, Ha God did nothing for you, you live a lie"

As to what you "hate", I don't like it when a tragedy like this is exploited by religious people who claim a supernatural event occurred when no such thing would have happened if ONE person died.

Upvote 0

Touring3D

Aug 10, 2004
Bossier City, LA
Visit site
✟8,903.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the fault of President Bush. You may think that's completely ridiculous, but just wait... people will try to blame him. Liberals/Democrats will stop at nothing to blame Bush for everything, including making themselves look like ignorant fools.

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"This is the fault of President Bush. You may think that's completely ridiculous, but just wait... people will try to blame him. Liberals/Democrats will stop at nothing to blame Bush for everything, including making themselves look like ignorant fools."

Nice strawman, and nice tacky way to attack people who you don't agree with politically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

skipper

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Md
✟19,416.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can we now see what spreading rumors and gossip can get us. One person who thought they had good news called someone with what was not truth. Then one rumor spread to another rumor that the survivors where well enough to go to the church and visit with the families before going to the hospital. Yes the company should have stopped the rumors sooner. Even the government was lured into believing that all these things were true. It is so easy to be lured into believing something that is good news over something that is tragic. No matter what anyone thinks there was a miricle a 27 year old man is alive and his children still have there father. Praise God for that.

Upvote 0
N

nanajojo

I agree with you Skipper , there was a miracle the young man. I have bennpraying for God to use this young man to tell the story. This man survived against all the odds that were against him. I believe God is doing a work in this community and this precious survivor is what God wants us to see and good things are going to come from this tragedy. This was a long over due tradegy to happen and God is giving this country some wake up calls.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.