Minor Request...

B

BellaSong

I am a music major at school and I am trying to get into the vocal performance program (It is a more intense program for vocalists). In the next two weeks, I am doing two performances, a recording session, and my final performance/evaluation for the semester (It also doubles as my audition). This morning I woke up with my throat slightly swollen and sore on the left side. Please pray that God will heal this. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know this is very minor compared to others requests, but I am training in vocal performance for missions work.

Oh and I also have three papers due this week.

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Praying. :prayer:
If you think it's getting worse, go to the doctor. The doctor can give you medication, or a certificate that you can present to your examiners and teachers so they know you are not 100% healthy. You can still do the exam if you want, and they can take the certificate into account.

Good luck. Don't practice too hard because that won't do your throat any good. Take it easy. :hug:

Upvote 0
B

BellaSong

Praying. :prayer:
If you think it's getting worse, go to the doctor. The doctor can give you medication, or a certificate that you can present to your examiners and teachers so they know you are not 100% healthy. You can still do the exam if you want, and they can take the certificate into account.

Good luck. Don't practice too hard because that won't do your throat any good. Take it easy. :hug:
Actually, you have to be in the hospital for them to take such a thing into account. Our program is really strict on that.

Upvote 0
B

BellaSong

Are you serious? :o That's stupid.
Is your university in America?
Yes, I go to Biola University and the music program is really strict. The other programs aren't the same way and I can get some leniency there, but not from the music department. It isn't stupid, it is preparing us for the reality of the performing world.

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I go to Biola University and the music program is really strict. The other programs aren't the same way and I can get some leniency there, but not from the music department. It isn't stupid, it is preparing us for the reality of the performing world.

I attend a music university too. I think if they have so much for musicians - especially singers - to do in such a small amount of time, they are going to have people with sore throats and other problems. They should be ensuring you are taking care of yourself, like my uni constantly reminds us to take care of our hearing and fingers and posture etc. I'm not trying to be rude here - I just think it's extremely important that you take care of your throat first before attempting all these things you have to do, because you can do irreversible damage and that would be tragic. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums