Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I enjoy playing Minecraft but,
I'm not sure about "The Nether" (Hell).
Some christians say that it's not really Hell but,
it was called Hell for a while (they said they
changed the name to not offend religious people).
Would God disapprove of going into it?
After all, it is complete with, Lakes of Fire,
Netherrack (source of infinte fire),
Soul Sand (sand with souls trapped inside),
Ghasts (souls sent to Hell) and Fire Monsters ( Demons).
It resembles Hell closely.
Thank you.

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't worry at all. As said, it's a game. You must understand that at least most western cultures have a popular view of hell created by a long dead Italian poet named Dante, this is probably where "inspiration" for this area of the GAME came from :)

Upvote 0

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't suggest playing it. It may not hurt you, for a little while. However, it may encourage you to entertain deeper into more occultic entertainment, and thus, could become a snare in your walk with the Lord. Ultimately, it's up to you, however, know that you what ever decision you determine, you accept all consequences of that decision, intended or not.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

I wouldn't suggest playing it. It may not hurt you, for a little while. However, it may encourage you to entertain deeper into more occultic entertainment, and thus, could become a snare in your walk with the Lord. Ultimately, it's up to you, however, know that you what ever decision you determine, you accept all consequences of that decision, intended or not.

Yes, because minecraft is totally a gate to real life occult practices. Really? Do you know what minecraft is? It's basically Legos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, because minecraft is totally a gate to real life occult practices. Really? Do you know what minecraft is? It's basically Legos.

Yes, and I am also quite aware that a rose by any other name would still be a rose. I am aware that it is made up of digging a base and fighting creepers. And A creeper seems to behave in a similar fashion to a zombie, which is an occultic being in it's own right.

Additionally, as stated in the original post of this topic, the Nether was originally called Hell, but later changed to avoid offending the religious. However, in the same way as changing the term for lying does not make it any different, neither does changing the mine-crafts lever representing Hell.

Upvote 0

vvvDINOvvv

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and I am also quite aware that a rose by any other name would still be a rose. I am aware that it is made up of digging a base and fighting creepers. And A creeper seems to behave in a similar fashion to a zombie, which is an occultic being in it's own right.

Additionally, as stated in the original post of this topic, the Nether was originally called Hell, but later changed to avoid offending the religious. However, in the same way as changing the term for lying does not make it any different, neither does changing the mine-crafts lever representing Hell.
Do you think it's a sin?
Also, Minecaft does have zombies.
Do you think that matters?
I only want to do what's right.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? ^_^

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? ^_^

I agree. Never stops surprising me when we see a reaction like this.

Normal DAILY, PASSING, exposure to TV, radio, billboards, magazines, etc... in my humble opinion, would expose one daily to more nasty things then playing hours of Minecraft.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vvvDINOvvv

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope. It's not a sin to play minecraft. Is reading the Bible when it mentions Hell a sin?

No but,
I kind of figured it was different because
your taking Hell and turning it into entertainment.
I don't know though.

Edit: Stop bashing Acebopata!
He has just as much right to an opinion as everyone else.
Instead of just saying it's okay,
tell me why it's okay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not an opinion if it's blatantly incorrect. :)
If a game like minecraft would be enough to make you turn to the dark side, then you need to close all the blinds, lock all the doors, shut down the internet and telly and just sit in a silent dark room for the rest of your life.

Upvote 0

vvvDINOvvv

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not an opinion if it's blatantly incorrect. :)
If a game like minecraft would be enough to make you turn to the dark side, then you need to close all the blinds, lock all the doors, shut down the internet and telly and just sit in a silent dark room for the rest of your life.
It's not going to turn me to the dark side.
I decided yesterday that I think The Nether is okay,
I was just making sure it was not a sin.
Thank you everyone for the answers! :)

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't imagine what universe we'd be found in if something from "Minecraft," pretty much the most benign game created since "Endless Ocean," was a portal to occult practices and beliefs. It'd be like saying that a Lego set of predominately red bricks must obviously be from Satan.

Upvote 0

vvvDINOvvv

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't imagine what universe we'd be found in if something from "Minecraft," pretty much the most benign game created since "Endless Ocean," was a portal to occult practices and beliefs. It'd be like saying that a Lego set of predominately red bricks must obviously be from Satan.
I never that it was a "portal" to occult,
I thought that it might be ungodly to play.
I now think it's fine.

Upvote 0