Millennial Reign: Will all reign with Christ?

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No , if you take the mark, you will be cast into the lake of fire. You are not a Christian if you take the mark !!

There is a first and a second resurrection. Only those of the first reign with Christ during the 1000 years (rev 20). There is a second resurrection at the end of those who are taught during the millennium. 2nd resurrection or 2nd death, those are the options at the Great White Throne.

Millions of Christians will take the mark - they are spiritual harlots. The parable of the 10 Virgins. All 10 are Christians. Who do you think Jesus is referring to there and in Matt. 7:21, Mark 6:46 and Luke 13:25?

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Here's the problem with your thinking. It's bogus to not believe Jesus physically reigns when He clearly said in Matthew 28:18 that He has all power "in heaven AND on earth".

That's a CLEAR statement that Jesus reigns! Is it not?

Ephesians says He is right now "seated at God's right hand FAR ABOVE all rulers, and authorities, and power, and dominion, and EVERY name that is named. Not only in THIS age, but also Iin the one to come."

Can it be said any stronger than that? Jesus reigns!!!

Colossians tells us ALL THINGS are held together by Jesus...how can He not be reigning???

When one reads through the OT we see God has all power...and yet God doesn't exercise His power until He decides to. Would you say at any time that God didn't reign over earth?

That would be the failure of not acknowledging Jesus reigns now. Again clear passages teach that Jesus reigns...and reigns just as God did in the OT.

People want to think Jesus doesn't reign now...yet what they fail to realize is if He doesn't reign now...HOW CAN HE JUDGE THE WORLD??? :confused:

Ok, we are not physically reigning with him yet. We are reigning with him now spiritually because we are one with Christ. Eph 2:11-22. We are a new creation ! Our bodies have not yet been glorified and that will happen at the rapture . Yes, of course he is on the throne. I do believe of course that he reigns. You are misunderstanding me. Again, I believe that we will see Him face to face in a literal kingdom. We will be in our glorified bodies and will literally be ruling and reigning with Christ the literal 1000 years, just like the bible says in revelation 20.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zadok7000 said:
There is a first and a second resurrection. Only those of the first reign with Christ during the 1000 years (rev 20). There is a second resurrection at the end of those who are taught during the millennium. 2nd resurrection or 2nd death, those are the options at the Great White Throne.

Millions of Christians will take the mark - they are spiritual harlots. The parable of the 10 Virgins. All 10 are Christians. Who do you think Jesus is referring to there and in Matt. 7:21, Mark 6:46 and Luke 13:25?

This is not what the scripture teaches. Earlier in this thread, I responded and put down all the scripture verses that mention the different resurrections. There is a resurrection of the righteous that happens in different stages. The great white throne happens only once and it is the resurrection of the unrighteous.

Please look at rev 20 closely , especially verse 4'"...who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. " verse 5" the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended". What happens to those who take the mark? Look at rev 14:9-11. All that receive the mark will suffer eternal punishment because they chose to follow the beast instead of the one true God!

I believe that the parable of the 10 virgins represent tribulation survivors . That's in a different thread. They are bridesmaids , not the bride of Christ.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Ok, we are not physically reigning with him yet. We are reigning with him now spiritually because we are one with Christ. Eph 2:11-22. We are a new creation ! Our bodies have not yet been glorified and that will happen at the rapture . Yes, of course he is on the throne. I do believe of course that he reigns. You are misunderstanding me. Again, I believe that we will see Him face to face in a literal kingdom. We will be in our glorified bodies and will literally be ruling and reigning with Christ the literal 1000 years, just like the bible says in revelation 20.
Jesus has been reigning since 312 AD, and He will to the end. In the coming Millennium, Jesus will reign through 24 thrones.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The only way you'll understand this, is should the Holy Spirit reveal it to you. There will be no coming reign with Christ...as it is now.

Why do you think Romans 8:37-39 says:
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

WE REIGN NOW THROUGH JESUS!!!

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
The only way you'll understand this, is should the Holy Spirit reveal it to you. There will be no coming reign with Christ...as it is now.

Why do you think Romans 8:37-39 says:
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

WE REIGN NOW THROUGH JESUS!!!

Yes, this scripture passage proves eternal security in him. Nothing can take that away and nothing can separate us from Christ, once we are born again. Yes, we can accomplish all things and conquer through him. We agree on that!

However, I believe that there will also be a literal reign. I really think we are going around in circles .

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has been reigning since 312 AD, and He will to the end. In the coming Millennium, Jesus will reign through 24 thrones.

Millennial now of course. Rev.20:6 where the dying person's soul is transferred to, literally "has part in, the rising up (anastasis), the first one." From Adam forward, by its anastasis, its rising up, the soul passes into heaven to its royal throne in a pure and stainless state. The body will follow in due time when the 1,000 years end, ie, the ONE Parousia, and the Lord's calls it from the dust for its anastasis, its rising up to the same heavenly exaltation. :amen: Just my opinion :sorry:

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
How did you get that??
Jesus has been reigning since 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. Ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
But Christian rule has been challenged by the Satanic beast of the Revelation. Soon, in the Battle of Ar Mageddon now unfolding, the beast will be so soundly defeated that it won't be heard from for a thousand years, allowing Jesus and 24 thrones to rule the earth in peace for a thousand years.

Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bump. Any other thoughts?

Not everyone who disagrees with common and various teachings about the millennium is a preterist. I disagree with common teachings about the millennium but I am not a preterist.

I posted that thread about millennium alternatives because so many who insist on a literal 1,000 year millennium cannot agree on which is the correct version of the millennium. If the church is taken away after Revelation Chapter Three, as many claim, then Revelation is about Israel and this the millennium is for Israel only. Yet many claim that it is for the Church, and others claim it is for both. Others don't have a clue what they believe but still say they believe there is a millennium because the word is used several times in one chapter in Revelation.

Christians ought to use the gray matter God gave them and realize that somebody is wrong. You can't have a temporal millennium with people in their fleshly, temporal bodies reproducing to repopulate the Earth while they are under the Law, Levitical Priesthood, practicing animal sacrifices, but still supposed to be taking the Gospel - while under Law???? - to the Gentiles on the Earth, while the Church is in Heaven. The other option is with the Church here, too, under the Law, after they've never been under the Law, but have to give up Grace as part of the Body of Christ but come to this Earth in their glorified, eternal bodies to be a secondary group, secondary to the Jews who are living under a reestablished Law. How can anyone think this is rational? I'm trying to put this in simple terms so anyone should be able to understand what this is supposed to be and cannot be.

Christ fulfilled the Law. The payment required under the Law was nailed to the cross. But all that became obsolete has to be restored? That's what some are promoting.

Don't let anyone fool you. The underlying purpose of the millennium is to restore Israel back to their position that they had prior to the cross and Christ will be the Messiah over this nation and complete the mission He did not complete the first time because they rejected Him. Israel was put on the back burner while this parenthetical time called the Church Age continues. Some in the church are foolish enough to believe that the millennium is for the church. Why would that be? The church is already under the authority of Christ. (Actually the Body is under His authority and the Body are the saved Remnant and the Gentiles who have believed on Him and His finished work on the cross for their salvation.) The only thing remaining is the consummation of the physical kingdom with our being with Christ in a physical sense for eternity.

The millennium teachings are like a carryout menu at a Chinese restaurant. Do you want combo number 1 or combo number 4 or combo number 12?

The proper way to interpret the Scriptures is by using the New Testament to interpret the Old Testament. Those who hold to a literal 1,000 year millennium are using the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament and are claiming this glorious age of Israel is future and since God promised this to Israel, and the Church has not replaced Israel, this must take place in the future and in a literal way. The promises to this nation are not superseded by the Church. That is giving more weight to a people than a person, Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not everyone who disagrees with common and various teachings about the millennium is a preterist. I disagree with common teachings about the millennium but I am not a preterist.

I posted that thread about millennium alternatives because so many who insist on a literal 1,000 year millennium cannot agree on which is the correct version of the millennium. If the church is taken away after Revelation Chapter Three, as many claim, then Revelation is about Israel and this the millennium is for Israel only. Yet many claim that it is for the Church, and others claim it is for both. Others don't have a clue what they believe but still say they believe there is a millennium because the word is used several times in one chapter in Revelation.

Christians ought to use the gray matter God gave them and realize that somebody is wrong. You can't have a temporal millennium with people in their fleshly, temporal bodies reproducing to repopulate the Earth while they are under the Law, Levitical Priesthood, practicing animal sacrifices, but still supposed to be taking the Gospel - while under Law???? - to the Gentiles on the Earth, while the Church is in Heaven. The other option is with the Church here, too, under the Law, after they've never been under the Law, but have to give up Grace as part of the Body of Christ but come to this Earth in their glorified, eternal bodies to be a secondary group, secondary to the Jews who are living under a reestablished Law. How can anyone think this is rational? I'm trying to put this in simple terms so anyone should be able to understand what this is supposed to be and cannot be.

Christ fulfilled the Law. The payment required under the Law was nailed to the cross. But all that became obsolete has to be restored? That's what some are promoting.

Doing exceptionally well till here. :blush: No difference between "Israel" and "Gentiles" after 70 A.D. regarding salvation. :amen: Israel has had it unless accept Jesus during the 'millennial,' ie, began at the Cross and end at Rev.20:7 with no big conversion of the Jews. :idea:

Don't let anyone fool you. The underlying purpose of the millennium is to restore Israel back to their position that they had prior to the cross and Christ will be the Messiah over this nation and complete the mission He did not complete the first time because they rejected Him. Israel was put on the back burner while this parenthetical time called the Church Age continues. Some in the church are foolish enough to believe that the millennium is for the church. Why would that be? The church is already under the authority of Christ. (Actually the Body is under His authority and the Body are the saved Remnant and the Gentiles who have believed on Him and His finished work on the cross for their salvation.) The only thing remaining is the consummation of the physical kingdom with our being with Christ in a physical sense for eternity.

The millennium teachings are like a carryout menu at a Chinese restaurant. Do you want combo number 1 or combo number 4 or combo number 12?

The proper way to interpret the Scriptures is by using the New Testament to interpret the Old Testament. Those who hold to a literal 1,000 year millennium are using the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament and are claiming this glorious age of Israel is future and since God promised this to Israel, and the Church has not replaced Israel, this must take place in the future and in a literal way. The promises to this nation are not superseded by the Church. That is giving more weight to a people than a person, Christ.

btw I choose the combo with da Hawaiian steak and lobster which is number ? ;) Gumming poi and sardines for now with no teeth as old. :D

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since Daniel 7 explains that three of the four beasts are going to stick around after armageddon, there will be plenty of ruling and reigning and sorting out to do.

Saints will be needed to go out to the world as Christ's physical ambassadors to the kings of the earth.

The scripture says that the kings of the earth will bring their glory and light into Jerusalem through their allegiance and worship of Christ.

Nations that don't, will be reprimanded by getting no rain. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since Daniel 7 explains that three of the four beasts are going to stick around after armageddon, there will be plenty of ruling and reigning and sorting out to do.
Really? Where?
Saints will be needed to go out to the world as Christ's physical ambassadors to the kings of the earth.
It's happening already...and has been since the cross! Remember what Jesus said? "Go into all the world and preach the gospel..."
The scripture says that the kings of the earth will bring their glory and light into Jerusalem through their allegiance and worship of Christ.

Nations that don't, will be reprimanded by getting no rain. Pretty straightforward stuff.
Yep...straightforward...but who are they? They can't be light if they're lost. (hint hint)...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The "millennial" now, with the reigning and sorting now, ie, now I have to reign partially now, somehow with the Lord?
I like how Ephesians 3 puts it...
Ephesians 3:8-12:
8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
9 and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things;
10 so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.
11 This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him.

Christ is the source...and we reign with him as we share and demonstrate the gospel...as Christ has said "without Me, you can do nothing"...:thumbsup:

This immediately brings to mind Romans 8:37-39:

:thumbsup: :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I like how Ephesians 3 puts it...
Ephesians 3:8-12:
8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
9 and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things;
10 so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.
11 This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him.

Christ is the source...and we reign with him as we share and demonstrate the gospel...as Christ has said "without Me, you can do nothing"...:thumbsup:
*I highlighted for clarity*

How you got this Truth, not being a Lutheran - sorry - is a miracle. Good job!

This immediately brings to mind Romans 8:37-39:

:thumbsup: :amen:

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
notreligus said:

I believe that there will be a literal millennium after the tribulation period when Christ comes back to rule and reign. Look at Ezekiel 40:38-39 . The scripture here is about the kingdom age. There will be animal sacrifices in a literal temple . Also 3 Levitical feasts will be kept. The animal sacrifices are called sin offerings and will still be necessary . Isaiah 66:2-3 explains how sacrifices have to be done with proper motives. They will offer sacrifices about the belief that their redeemer has come already, like the people in the Old Testament were providing sacrifices to look for their redeemer in the future.

The people living in the Millennium who populate it will still have an earthly body with sinful desires and that will need to be atoned for. This is not the age of grace which began at Pentecost and ends at the rapture . In other words, the believer in the age of grace has the spirit of God in heart. This is not true of the people who populate the millennium. They will have to 'prove' their faith unlike the people during the age of grace. Their sacrifices will be proof of their faith.

The millennium will be a theocracy with The Lord as King. Isaiah 2:3-4. Also look at Zechariah 14:16-19. It speaks about the feasts of tabernacles and how it will be kept by the people at that time .

Christ came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Matt 5:17. So animal sacrifices were suspended during the church age to demonstrate God's grace. It wasn't ended forever. When man realizes he needs a savior , and it doesn't come by keeping the law. Christ paid for us once and for all and His ultimate sacrifice did for us what the covering of animal sacrifices can never do.

In Isreal , God demonstrated the perfection of His law. In the church, the richness of his grace. In the millennium , Israel and Gentiles will experience both at the same time.

At the end of the millennium period, people will have to make a choice as to follow Christ the King or satan after he is released for a short time. Rev 20:7. At that time, it will be the ' proof' of their faith when many people will follow satan instead of Christ. It will be a test whether they are truly in the faith.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I believe that there will be a literal millennium after the tribulation period when Christ comes back to rule and reign. Look at Ezekiel 40:38-39 . The scripture here is about the kingdom age. There will be animal sacrifices in a literal temple . Also 3 Levitical feasts will be kept. The animal sacrifices are called sin offerings and will still be necessary . Isaiah 66:2-3 explains how sacrifices have to be done with proper motives. They will offer sacrifices about the belief that their redeemer has come already, like the people in the Old Testament were providing sacrifices to look for their redeemer in the future.

The people living in the Millennium who populate it will still have an earthly body with sinful desires and that will need to be atoned for. This is not the age of grace which began at Pentecost and ends at the rapture . In other words, the believer in the age of grace has the spirit of God in heart. This is not true of the people who populate the millennium. They will have to 'prove' their faith unlike the people during the age of grace. Their sacrifices will be proof of their faith.

The millennium will be a theocracy with The Lord as King. Isaiah 2:3-4. Also look at Zechariah 14:16-19. It speaks about the feasts of tabernacles and how it will be kept by the people at that time .

Christ came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Matt 5:17. So animal sacrifices were suspended during the church age to demonstrate God's grace. It wasn't ended forever. When man realizes he needs a savior , and it doesn't come by keeping the law. Christ paid for us once and for all and His ultimate sacrifice did for us what the covering of animal sacrifices can never do.

In Isreal , God demonstrated the perfection of His law. In the church, the richness of his grace. In the millennium , Israel and Gentiles will experience both at the same time.

At the end of the millennium period, people will have to make a choice as to follow Christ the King or satan after he is released for a short time. Rev 20:7. At that time, it will be the ' proof' of their faith when many people will follow satan instead of Christ. It will be a test whether they are truly in the faith.

Would rather you fast forward 500+ years from good ol' Ezekiel to Rev.20:2 which began at the Cross and ends at Rev.20:7 oif course. Thank you for at least considering.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus has been reigning since 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. Ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
But Christian rule has been challenged by the Satanic beast of the Revelation. Soon, in the Battle of Ar Mageddon now unfolding, the beast will be so soundly defeated that it won't be heard from for a thousand years, allowing Jesus and 24 thrones to rule the earth in peace for a thousand years.

Pretty impossible since Constantine was not a Christian. He was high priest in the cult of Sol Invictus. His coins were inscribed ..... "Committed to the Invincible Sun"

The sign in the sky Constantine saw had nothing to do with Jesus.

Upvote 0