Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee says he favors an amendment to the Constitution that protects human life and will ban abortions on a nationwide scale. His comments follow those of GOP hopeful Fred Thompson who said Sunday he opposes an amendment but wants Roe v. Wade overturned.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3429.html

Praise be to God! :clap: I hope and pray that Roe vs. Wade is overturned and that there is a Constitutional amendment banning abortions. :crossrc:

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
If he had the slightest chance of winning I might be worried about this, but as of now I will not be loosing any sleep.
He's considered a major candidate in most polls I've heard.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IMO, there are bigger fish to fry than abortion. I'm personally against it, but there are things that need to be dealt with first...Abortion is the least of our problems right now.
Abortion is actually one of the worst of our problems right now. It is a major problem in the United States. Thousands of children are being murdered every year.

Upvote 0
B

BlueAfgani

I'm finding it really hard to resepect anyone with such crazy views on abortion. And yes, wanting to ban it completely is as crazy a view as wanting to allow PBA for 11 year olds without telling their parents.

It used to just be a difference of opinion, but now these "value voters" are turning out the be as dangerous in my view as any terrorist.

Why? Because the only chance a rep has of taking the White House is to ride the middle. Otherwise, we're looking at another 4 years of Clinton's worse half.

You people need to get back in the real world and realize that in the grand scheme of things, gay marriage and abortion are not America's only problems.

And you people do cause Hillary to get in, I pray to all the Gods of all the worlds that she makes abortion and gay marriage so permanent you couldn't get rid of them with nuclear weapons. Then one more segment of people who have absolutely no business voting won't have a reason to.

Reactions: KomissarSteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You would think people would have leaned their lesson about politicians and how they tell people what they want to hear in order to get the votes. Especially the christan right. It's like leading people around by their nose and apparently some people like it that way.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If he had the slightest chance of winning I might be worried about this, but as of now I will not be loosing any sleep.
He's not the media's pick, but I do believe He's number one or at least two with conservatives. If they turn out, he wins the nomination.

But as for the OP, this is a hot button political issue and has nothing to do with the office he seeks.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think we should go back to the old days where you had to be rich to fly overseas to get a healthy abortion.

Only if you waited too long.

Virtually any reasonably-sized city had a few OB-GYNs who would perform a little office procedure on a woman who missed her period, for say, no more than a couple weeks. Just a mini-D & C for the purpose of restarting her period. In fact, it was called a "menstrual extraction." Very private and discreet. And quite common in the 40s and 50s. Though of course, few records were kept. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Only if you waited too long.

Virtually any reasonably-sized city had a few OB-GYNs who would perform a little office procedure on a woman who missed her period, for say, no more than a couple weeks. Just a mini-D & C for the purpose of restarting her period. In fact, it was called a "menstrual extraction." Very private and discreet. And quite common in the 40s and 50s. Though of course, few records were kept. ;)
I've read stories about groups today practicing this, "women helping women" I think was the phrase they used. Since it can be done in the privacy of someones home I suspect this will be one popular option if abortion rights are ever taken away.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
A major canidate in the Rublican primary. Do you really think a pro-war republican has chance in a general election with the current state of opinion on the war?
He's gained a lot of ground. Depending on the poll, he's anywhere from 3rd to 5th overall and is constantly getting double digits now.

In Iowa he's 2nd to Romney right now.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In terms of pro-life advocacy, Governor Huckabee is the real deal.

Wake up, America.

Statistics show that there are about 1.3 million abortions performed in the US each year, even though:

Eighty-seven percent of U.S. counties, representing more than one-third of the female population aged 15-44, have no abortion providers, and 31 percent of the nation's metropolitan areas do not have a provider.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/3781.html

If 87% of US counties don't have any abortion providers at the moment and we have that many abortions, how will overturning Roe v Wade make that much of a difference. Many states will still permit abortions, and many women who want to have abortions will be willing to travel a little bit further.

Only a Human Life Amendment will give civil rights to babies at conception.

But I don't think it will mean an end to premarital or extramarital sex, or huge families. The most widely used contraceptive is sterilization, which would not be affected by a Human Life Amendment. And, among teens, the most widely used contraceptive is condoms, which would not be affected.

IUD's would be affected, and perhaps oral contraceptives, although they might still be permitted for medical reasons--which could range from cramps to fibroids to endometriosis to ovarian cysts to any type of female problem.

Yes, premarital sex would still go on, but legal abortion would not.

Upvote 0