Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is something of a strange thread given Mike passed away in December 2006.

Mike was a legendary UK talkshow radio DJ who plied his trade between 1am and 6 am every week night on Talksport.

someone referred to him as the original grumpy old man. He had a laconic style with a healthy dose of cynicism.

During my 20's I listened to Mike every night until I eventually fell asleep. he was an integral part of my life back then. his voice calmed me for a while in a time when calmness was hard to come by.

As I entered my 30's I moved away from his show. For the life of me I don't know how or why.

But today I accidentally came across a story about his career and at the end it referred to his death in a car crash at age 63 in 2006.

This is my little thank you to Mike for the service he gave to me, admiring his career and saying a prayer for his soul...

hqdefault.jpg

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That shift in the USA has generally been dominated by conspiracy theorist talk shows like the one ran by Art Bell and later George Noory. Whacko stuff, but it was a friendly voice if you found yourself driving through the night or working third shift.

I hope your radio friend is resting in the peace of the Lord.

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0