Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hon--I am judged every single day of my life for our parenting choices. I am okay with that...as I assume Mrs. Duggar is fine with her detractors, as well. I honestly don't care what random people think about my parenting whatsoever. I have some people in my life--whose opinions I value deeply and dearly, and if they have criticisms I do take those to heart, and prayerfully make changes when necessary. And I would assume that the same is true for the Duggars.

The big difference is that I don't have cameras around my house broadcasting our private lives, so I have a far smaller audience to not like how we parent.

Well... I was gonna ask if you'd be our OBOB version of the Duggars....

I guess thats out. ;)

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think TV is just a waste of time entirely. I don't understand why people pay money to have it invade their homes.
I agree! I don't know the Duggars, but I would not mind getting rid of the tv. I didn't have one when I lived alone. This week my husband and I agreed that we would not replace our tiny and very old tv if it dies. :clap: I hope that day comes soon.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then we could really add to the what's wrong with Shannon lists!! They'd be veritable tomes!!!
LOL! Hey, I think we all have flaws. Some I find endearing. I was thinking along those lines without the mullet/bi-level.

Those that critique you will be called jealous.

You'd be a SUPER STAR!!!!

***I'm kidding, I'm being goofy today***

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
LOL! Hey, I think we all have flaws. Some I find endearing. I was thinking along those lines without the mullet/bi-level.

Those that critique you will be called jealous.

You'd be a SUPER STAR!!!!

***I'm kidding, I'm being goofy today***

Ooohh--I could do that...I could just say "Well you're just jealous and envious!". Hhmmmmm... how much is a web cam....

And my current hairstyle is a preg-fro. I've vowed not to cut it the rest of my pregnancy. (Just for a sort of Cool Hand Luke somethin' to do) There could be a betting pool as to what day I'll cave and cut it. Another betting pool for when I'll have the baby....Guys could watch me post and serve sammiches in my bikini...

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well that is great, great, great to hear!:clap:

I thought you would appreciate that :) I would have assumed they would be schedule type breast feeders, but she seems to be on demand about it.

I guess that's what I like about the weekly show over the specials. I really feel like you get a better sense of them as a "normal" family. For example, they had a several day power outage, and you had to watch a large family with lots of little boys handle having to be couped up because it wasn't safe for them to be outside (down power lines and falling trees). It was hilarious to see them running around. They actually ended the show with the boys and one of the little girls crawling on a bookcase :) And, they also had another large family over as guests when all this was going on.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Don't get me wrong btw- I like the Duggars as a family from what I've seen of them. Dress & hair is immaterial to me. It's just that Michelle seems so darn perfect in the never have a bad day dept.

I've seen Michelle start to lose her temper, but she catches herself really fast. And, I've seen her give some pretty angry looks from across the room. I don't know if she controls her temper for the cameras or if she is always able to calm down that fast....who knows?
I have no problems with them cuz to each their own. And they seem like nice people who have way more patience than I would have with that many children. Although, a lot of the work is put on the older children. I thought it was weird when she handed her newborn to one of her older daughters to hold in the hospital--like she would be the one taking care of it. And in a later episode, I saw the older daughter walking around with that baby in a carrier. (It reminded me of something Dolly Parton once said. She was handed one of her Mom's babies and her Mom said "This one's yours" and she had to raise him. That's why she didn't have kids of her own cuz she raised her siblings.)
Anyway, I do realize that everyone needs to pitch in in a large family, but I feel they put too much on their older kids. I know I wouldn't of wanted my older sister home-schooling me. I would of either wanted my Mom to do it or I'd rather go to public school. But, like I said--to each their own.
I don't watch the show cuz frankly, they seem to devoid of emotion and I get bored. It's not that I want them to act crazy, but they remind of Leave It To Beaver. I can watch about 10 minutes before I start getting sleepy.
Just my 2 cents...
(I got my account working again...so, I'm back as Chrystal-J) :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about pictures, but I know on the show the newest baby is almost always with Michelle breast feeding.

come to think of it every infant they had was always always held. She walks around with the baby in her arms all day long it seems. i feel bad when the baby gets to walking becuase that's when it's released to the other kids and then she has another one in her arms.

But you know the folks who say they can't wait for the kids to go nuts or rebel, (they have ppl out there wishing for the worst) the oldest is married now. He never freaked out and rebelled but looks as if he is doing well.

The older kids are just about grown-- they turned out fine so the criticism really holds no water.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ooohh--I could do that...I could just say "Well you're just jealous and envious!". Hhmmmmm... how much is a web cam....

And my current hairstyle is a preg-fro. I've vowed not to cut it the rest of my pregnancy. (Just for a sort of Cool Hand Luke somethin' to do) There could be a betting pool as to what day I'll cave and cut it. Another betting pool for when I'll have the baby....Guys could watch me post and serve sammiches in my bikini...
^_^

This show would be brilliant.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think you'd like the show BAFriend. They are very inspiring & seem like genuinely sweet well meaning people.

Michelle is happy all the time. :p

Prozac happy ?

How much would you be willing to give to have the camera take a fast peek into the medicine cabinets :D.

I will have to keep an eye out for the schedule- like I thought- it is on TLC, not a channel or schedule I pay much attention to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prozac happy ?

How much would you be willing to give to have the camera take a fast peek into the medicine cabinets :D.

I will have to keep an eye out for the schedule- like I thought- it is on TLC, not a channel or schedule I pay much attention to.
No, not prozac happy. Prozac isn't a happy pill, I know. :p

She seems to just be a very happy, easygoing person which really ticks A stressball like myself completely OFF! :sorry:

She is almost Disney like.

But I do like & admire her.

Yeah, it's on TLC can't remember which night it comes on but it's an enjoyable show imo.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prozac happy ?

Nah BA, it's genuine Christian happy.

Upvote 0

JennyKatz

I'm a leaf on the wind. . .watch how I soar
Nov 27, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nah BA, it's genuine Christian happy.

Michelle Duggar's attitude reminds me of that of a young woman that I used to go to church with. She was very serene and joyful, very patient. Her temper was almost non-existent, but she wasn't repressed in her emotions. I believe that her temperament was part genetics, part her devout love of God. Some people are just blessed with a happy nature.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.