I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Now I know that I am on the right track with what you are saying here. You have provided a lot of evidence that you do not infact correctly represent official Seventh-day Adventist teachings at all. In fact, you show here that you have deliberately made many subtle changes to your "quotes" from the book "The Story Of Redemption." (SR)

In these first two quotes from page 1 of SR, the subtle changes you made; including use of ellipses will show best by comparing to the verbatim quote from the book:

Your use of ellipses is an attempt to give the impression that Mrs White was saying that Lucifer (not Satan) was "one with the Father;" but this statement, which I have underlined in red is talking about Jesus, for we also know that Lucifer was a created being; while Jesus was not.

Please do not tell people or insinuate that you are correctly representing Adventists beliefs here. If you want to critique them; that is certainly OK, but don't call your critiquing "Adventist;" for it is far from it.

Is there a reason you do not, in your profile, openly say what church you belong to; and yet, act like you are Adventist while you post here?

I do not know who you are but I have been a Seventh day Adventist since I was five years old. I have all of EGW writings in my home including the SDA Commentary. I went to church school and Oakwood College, one of my best friends is the Vice President of GC. I also know Barry Black, Whitney Phillips, the late Elder Cleveland and more. Where do I claim at any time that Satan was one with the Father? What I made plain is that Satan and the angels were tested and that Michael the Archangel became a Cherbum through Lucifer as the Commander and chief of the angels. However, he learn that Michael was actually Elohim's Son and He was the highest ranking Angels as well as the Divine Son of the Most High. When Satan realize that he was tested and did not get the priviledge he wanted which was being a son of the Most High. He withstood the Father and immediately his contenance changed and Michael stood between Satan and the Father or he would have died. He then was kicked out into a dark region place that he was permitted to live. Even though the earth design were ready, the earth was not created until after the fall of Satan. Michael according to Dan 12:1 is the Prince of the angels and Heaven who is the Son of the Most High.

Now since you question my stand as a Seventh day Adventist when did you become one. Because I was here since 1955. I am very well abreast of what SDA teach, and just like Yashua in days of the Jews, He did not go along with their traditions or doctrines. I accept the visions of EGW as from the Almighty, Hiram Edison vision of the Investigated Judgment, and Rachel Oakes truth about the Sabbath. I believe in keeping all the Commandments and Laws of Elohim. Ex 24:12

Finally, I never changed any of EGW quotes but place the names of Elohim, Michael, Yashua instead of god, jesus, christ and lord which are pagan names and titles according to Scriptures and the dictionary, I urge to search it out before making false claims on me. Ex 20:7, 23:13

Blessings,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,761.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I am a SDA member and with do respect we just seen to overlook why Yashua was an Archangel? Let's be clear and put our thinking hats on first. It's the Heavenly Trio who made beings of all typse that had the most important power of all which is choice than they would had to be tested. In order for the angelic host to be used in the assistance of creating the universe they must stand true and show loyalty. I wonder why we all think that creation was only about us? Gen 1:16; 2:1-3; Job 1:6; 2: 1; 38:7; Heb 1:1-7 all indicate that these beings call angels needed to be tested.

EGW gave us the key but we did not plug in the whole story. Yashua became an angel first as He became a man because of sin. Lucifer and the angels did not know who He was as man did know Him as a fleshy being-us. He started in a lowly place but moved up in rank by none other than Lucifer himself. He was voted in as a Prince of the top cherub who are the highest ranking angels. The problem came when Lucifer felt that he should move up to the next level equal with Elohim. He did not know neither did the other angels that Michael was Elohim as well.

The time came when the Father revealed that Michael was His Son and they had tested the loyalty of the angels. This did not go over well with Lucifer, he conceal it for a while. He soon began to allow his dissapointment to spread to the angels and he also begin to be defiant. Lucifer would delibertly do things that were not required of him that was Michael's job. He also lacked in his job until it was obvious he was rebelling and sin was found in him.

EGW made it very clear that after he was dispelled now where was he and these evil angels? She makes it clear that he was kicked out, he met with Michael to regain his position. He could not return so he was bent to make life as miserable for Elohim. Lucifer now Satan made the ultimate choice and that is to take man who had not been created. The angels were shocked why because man had not been around like the others unfallen beings to understand in depth what Lucifer was like before and after.

Returning to Michael the Prince of princes as He stood and stand as the Commander of the Heavenly host. He is Elohim, Achangel, and man all wrap together as One! No one can ever claim that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is not just, honest and fair to all beings of the universe!!!!

Happy Sabbath
stinsonmari

Stinsonmari,

Welcome to the New Adventist/Bible Study section of the Adventist forum and the rest of the SDA sections of the forums. Just to let you know, if you are a SDA member you must display your icon as such in this section, and give your information as this is not a area anyone can post in, just SDA members and it is has been designated for new members and teachers. Thank You for your cooperation...

Reddogs

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Stinsonmari,

Welcome to the New Adventist/Bible Study section of the Adventist forum and the rest of the SDA sections of the forums. Just to let you know, if you are a SDA member you must display your icon as such in this section, and give your information as this is not a area anyone can post in, just SDA members and it is has been designated for new members and teachers. Thank You for your cooperation...

Reddogs

Reddogs:

I did not notice my icon was not on, I have corrected it, please forgive. I am a teacher with a degree in Biblical History and Afrikan history. I have taught education both at my church and in the school. I presently am working on a series of Articles that will be release soon specially for SDA who are rooted in the church. I expounding on what written providing the source EGW and detaily what she was saying about Michael the Archangel with the Bible as our main source.

Blessings,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
EGW gave us the key but we did not plug in the whole story. Yashua became an angel first as He became a man because of sin. Lucifer and the angels did not know who He was as man did know Him as a fleshy being-us. He started in a lowly place but moved up in rank by none other than Lucifer himself. He was voted in as a Prince of the top cherub who are the highest ranking angels. The problem came when Lucifer felt that he should move up to the next level equal with Elohim. He did not know neither did the other angels that Michael was Elohim as well.

hmm -- "just making stuff up" now??

You seem to be brewing a mixture of truth as you find it among SDAs and then adding your own brand of fiction.

No SDA teaching says that Christ started out as a lowly angel and then worked his way up. No text says "He started in a lowly place but moved up in rank by none other than Lucifer himself. He was voted in as a Prince of the top cherub who are the highest ranking angels. "

For that level of story telling we only have you as our source.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Reddogs:

I did not notice my icon was not on, I have corrected it, please forgive. I am a teacher with a degree in Biblical History and Afrikan history. I have taught education both at my church and in the school. I presently am working on a series of Articles that will be release soon specially for SDA who are rooted in the church. I expounding on what written providing the source EGW and detaily what she was saying about Michael the Archangel with the Bible as our main source.

Blessings,
stinsonmarri
Is your study going to include a complete Biblical reference for same?

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I presently am working on a series of Articles that will be release soon specially for SDA who are rooted in the church. I expounding on what written providing the source EGW and detaily what she was saying about Michael the Archangel with the Bible as our main source.

Blessings,
stinsonmarri

Here is something for you to consider; it is based on Scripture, and gives the correct Adventist understanding of who is Michael:

Who Is Michael?

was written by Pastor Feyerabend in 1988, in response to specific allegations that Seventh-day Adventists are not clear on the divinity of Christ because they teach that Michael the Archangel is another name for the pre-incarnate Christ. Since there are others today who are making this same charge, against Seventh-day Adventists; we are glad to publish the entire writing below.

This informative booklet, refutes one of the many, assertive claims by Lori McGregor of McGregor Ministries; (an apologetics cult). Questions/comments can be directed to one of our forums or to the webmaster.

WHO IS MICHAEL?

by Pastor Henry Feyerabend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While visiting Western Canada in the summer of 1988, I happened to see the last part of a telecast, in which a lady was being interviewed on the subject of the cults. She asserted her authority, declaring that her study on the subject of the cults was profound, and that she could back up every statement made. She boldly declared that Seventh-day Adventists are a cult because of their understanding of the subject, "Who is Michael?"

"Like the Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventists believe that Michael is an archangel. . . I have told Seventh-day Adventists a number of times that if they would give up their view on Michael the Archangel and on the scapegoat, I would be glad to extend them my right hand of fellowship."

In corresponding with Lorri MacGregor, it became evident that her theory is based on the following premises:

I. Seventh-day Adventists are not clear on the Divinity of Christ.

"May I suggest you look up the 1888 Minneapolis meeting where J. H. Waggoner and A. T. Jones militantly pressed Arian doctrines against the Deity of Christ. (Lorri MacGregor, Letter, July 26, 1988, p. 2)."

"May I also suggest that you examine the writings of Ellen's husband, James White, who attacked the Trinity. (Lorri MacGregor, Letter July 26, 1988. p.2)."

II. If Michael refers to Jesus, you have angels worshipping another angel.

"If Jesus is the archangel Michael, . . . then we are stuck with angels worshipping an archangel! (Lorri MacGregor, Letter July 26, 1988. p. 2)."

III. No Scripture says Jesus is Michael.

"No scripture says Jesus is Michael, and so we conclude that Jesus Christ is NOT Michael the Archangel. (Lorri MacGregor, Seventh-day Adventism another Gospel?, p. 2).

IV. Michael is "One of the princes." Jesus was not "One of anything."

"Michael the Archangel is mentioned in three books of the Bible, Daniel, Jude and Revelation. Daniel 10:13 says "Michael, ONE OF the chief princes" Daniel 10:21 says, "Michael YOUR Prince." Daniel 12:1 says, "Michael the Great Prince." Please notice that Michael is just "ONE OF the chief princes, " not unique at all. (are there MANY Christs, of which Jesus is just one -- ridiculous!) (Lorri MacGregor, Seventh-day Adventism another Gospel?, p. 2)."

"By calling Jesus "Michael" you are reducing him to a category of "one of the chief princes." Jesus is not "One of" anything. You cannot claim out of one side of your mouth that you believe in the full Deity of Jesus Christ, and then apply Daniel 1-:13 to Him, reducing him to "one of the chief princes." (Lorri MacGregor, Letter July 26, 1988. p. 2)."

V. The Archangel did not dare rebuke Satan.

"In Jude 9 we find that Michael the Archangel did NOT DARE REBUKE Satan. Jesus, on the other hand, repeatedly rebuked Satan. (Matt. 17:18, Mark 9:25, etc.) (Lorri MacGregor, Seventh-day Adventism another Gospel?, p. 2)."

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Let us examine the authoritative statements made publicly by Lorri MacGregor.

I. Did J. H. Waggoner and A. T. Jones militantly press Arian doctrines against the Deity of Christ at the 1888 conference? Are Seventh-day Adventists confused on the divinity of Christ?

It would have been difficult for J. H. Waggoner to militantly press any doctrines at the 1888 conference, as he was not able to attend the meetings. E. J. Waggoner (son of J. H. Waggoner) and A. T. Jones were prominent speakers at the 1888 gathering to which Mrs. MacGregor makes reference. What were the "Arian" doctrines that they militantly pressed upon the Conference? Did Waggoner believe that Christ was a created being?

"We must dwell for a few moments upon an opinion that is honestly held by many who would not for any consideration willingly dishonor Christ, but who, through that opinion, do actually deny His Divinity. It is the idea that Christ is a created being, who, through the good-pleasure of God, was elevated to His present lofty position. No one who holds this view can possibly have any just conception of the exalted position which Christ really occupies. (E. J. Waggoner, Christ and His Righteousness. pp. 19, 20)

Here are some of the statements that formed a basis of Waggoner's discourse to the 1888 conference. They are recorded in a book, Christ and His Righteousness, by E. J. Waggoner:

"He (Christ) must receive the same honor that is due to God, and for the reason that He is God." (p. 8 )

"When He comes it will be as 'the mighty God.'" (p. 11)

"As the Son of the self-existing God, He has by nature all the attributes of Deity." (p. 12)

"He is there as a part of the Godhead, as surely when on earth as when in heaven." (p. 15)

"The use of the present tense implies continued existence." (p. 15)

"Christ possesses by nature all the attributes of Divinity." (p. 16)

"Our object in this investigation is to set forth Christ's rightful position of equality with the Father."
(p. 19)

"He is the source whence all things have their origin." (p. 21)

"He is above all creation, and not a part of it." (p. 21)

"He is of the very substance and nature of God." (p. 22)

"He has life in Himself." (p. 22)

"He possesses immortality in His own right." (p. 22)

"Life inheres in Him." (p. 22)

"Having life in Himself, He is properly called Jehovah, the self-existent One." (p. 23)

"Originally only Divine, He took upon Himself human nature." (p. 24)

"Christ, in whom dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead." (p. 29, 30)

"Christ as God and Creator." (p. 31)

"Christ is a part of the Godhead, possessing all the attributes of Divinity, being the equal of the Father in all respects." (p. 43)

"If He lacked one iota of being equal to God, He could not bring us to Him." (p. 44)

"In whom dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead; He is equal with the Father in every attribute." (p. 63)

"The redemption that is in Him - the ability to buy back lost man - is infinite." (p. 63)

These are the points that Waggoner "militantly" pressed upon the delegation of the 1888 conference. Here is a tabular listing of Waggoner's key expressions on the complete Deity of the Son of God, and the approximate number of times so used:

All the fullness of the Godhead 15 times

Part of the Godhead 8 times

Complete equality with the Father 7 times

All the attributes of Deity/Divinity 5 times

Eternal power and Godhead 4 times

From the days of eternity 4 times

Integral part of Godhead 3 times

Oneness of Father and Son 2 times

Mighty God 1 time

Self-existent One 1 time

Mediator from eternity 1 time

God in the beginning 1 time

Continuous existence 1 time

A Total Of 56 anti-Arian statements

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
"James White's Arian Views:" Mrs. MacGregor uses a statement by James White, written in 1852, years before the Adventist church was organized, as a basis for her public declaration that the Adventist church is confused on the subject of the Trinity.

It is true that some Seventh-day Adventist leaders in their early experience were not clear in their understanding of the Trinity. Uriah Smith definitely had problems in this area. The question is, "Did the Adventist church go along with his Arian teachings?" As late as 1898 Uriah Smith published a book called, Looking Unto Jesus, which denied the Trinity. The book was not well accepted by Adventists.

About the same time, Ellen White published a book the Desire of Ages which has had a circulation of well over a million copies. In this book she went on record declaring the truth about the divinity of Christ even if it directly opposed earlier statements by Uriah Smith and her own husband, James White. The Seventh-day Adventist church has always accepted her position on this subject without reserve. What is this position?

"From the days of eternity the Lord Jesus Christ was one with the Father." (The Desire of Ages, p. 19).

"He (Christ) was the incarnate God, the light of heaven and earth." (The Desire of Ages, p. 23).

"It is the Son of man who shares the throne of the universe... The mighty God." (The Desire of Ages, p. 29).

"Jesus claimed equal rights with God. He had declared Himself equal with God." (The Desire of Ages, p. 207).

"I am the Son of God, one with Him (the Father) in nature, in will, and in purpose." (The Desire of Ages, p. 208).

"The Son of God, One with the Creator of the universe." (The Desire of Ages, p. 210).

"In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived. 'He that hath the Son hath life.' (John 5:12) The divinity of Christ is the believer's assurance of eternal life." (The Desire of Ages, p. 530).

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
II. What is the Bible definition of the word "Archangel"?

We sing "Praise Him, Praise Him, Highest archangels in glory." Is there any Bible basis for using the word "archangel" in the plural? Where does the notion that archangels are a class of angelic beings come from?

There are four archangels in the Koran, Christian legends speaks of seven, while in the celestial hierarchy attributed to Dionysius an archangel is depicted as being in the eighth order from the Trinity. In Roman Catholic theology there are nine divisions or orders of angels in three hierarchies, each including three orders: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Domination's, Principalities, Powers, Virtues, Archangels, and angels.

Though many Christians assume that these divisions are biblical, and have included expressions about them in their hymns, there are no choruses of archangels in the Bible. The term is found only twice in Scripture. In 1 Thessalonians 4:16 it is the voice of the archangel that awakens the dead. In Jude 9 the archangel challenges Satan about the body of Moses. Both times the word is defined as "The Archangel," never "an archangel," or "one of the archangels." This clearly implies that there is only one Archangel.

What is an Angel?

The word angel in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew Malak or the Greek Aggelos, both of which mean "messenger."

There are three basic uses of the word.

1. A supernatural being created by God, superior to man. This is the most common use of the term. This is what the apostle was talking about in the first chapter of Hebrews:

"Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:4)

2. In some Bible passages Malak and Aggelos refer, not to superhuman beings, but to prophets and others fulfilling the function of a messenger. (2 Samuel 3:14; Ezekiel 23:16; Haggai 1:13; Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:24; and Revelation 1:20)

3. In some passages the term applies to Deity.

The Angel of Jehovah: In the book of Genesis, the angel of the Lord found Hagar by a fountain of water in the wilderness (Genesis 16:7), told her to return to her mistress (verse 8 ), and promised her that her seed would be multiplied (verse 11). Who was this angel?

"And she called the name of the Lord that spake to her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?" (Genesis 6:13). The angel is identified as the "Lord" and "God." This is not to suggest that God is a created being, but rather that the word "angel" or messenger is sometimes used to refer to Deity.

When Abraham was about to slay his son, "the angel of the Lord" called to him (Genesis 22:11, 15). Who was this angel?

"And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son...." (Genesis 22:15, 16)

When Moses saw the burning bush, "the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of the bush." (Exodus 3:2) Who was the angel? He clearly identifies Himself in these words:

"Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God." (Exodus 3:6)

In his sermon just before martyrdom, Stephen identifies the One that appeared to Moses.

"This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us. (Acts 7:37, 38)

Is Jesus an Angel? Only in the sense that He is a messenger, called the Angel of Jehovah. He is the One who appeared to Moses in the burning bush, whose name was "I Am." In the New Testament He identifies Himself as the great "I Am." (John 8:58)

He is decidedly not a created angelic being. The divinity of Christ is clearly spelled out in Scriptures. Hebrew the first chapter clearly differentiates between Jesus and those supernatural beings called angels.

"Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they". (Hebrews 1:4)

The messianic prophecies did not foretell the coming of an angel to redeem the human race.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:7)

When Joseph received the divine message regarding the birth of Jesus, the angel quoted the words of Isaiah.

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

The Gospel of John presents Jesus as God. "The Word was with God and the Word was God." (John 1:1) In writing to the Philippians Paul refers to Jesus "Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God." (Philippians 2:6) Writing to the Colossians he says, "For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." (Colossians 2:9)

On two different occasions John was inclined to worship an angel. He was told by the angel, "See thou do it not: I am a fellow servant, and of they brethren that have the testimony of Jesus." (Revelation 19:10)

Worship of a creature was clearly prohibited in the Bible.

Worship of the Creator was another matter. Jesus accepted worship. Of the Canaanite woman it was said, "Then came she and worshipped Him..." (Matthew 15:25). When Thomas recognized Him as the risen Christ he said, "My Lord and my God." (John 20:28)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Is the Archangel a created being?

The Greek word archaggelos is compounded from archi, a prefix denoting "chief" and the word aggelos, "messenger." He is the Chief Messenger. He is not an angel, but rather the Commander of angels. An archbishop is not a bishop, but is over the bishops. An archdiocese is not a diocese, though it may contain many diocese. The president of the United States is the "chief" of the armed forces of his country. That does not make him a soldier. The fact that the Archangel is the Chief of all of the angelic host, does not imply that He is a created being.

III. Is there any Scriptural Basis for Concluding that Michael refers to Christ?

The name "Michael" means Who is like God? The activities of Michael could not be performed by a created being, but only by the power of divinity.

Whose Voice Raises the Dead?

"The Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

It is the voice of the Archangel that will awaken the dead. "Whose voice is it?" "The hour is coming when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: (John 5:25)

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice. (John 5:28)

Paul says that it is the voice of the Archangel that will awaken the dead. John says that it is the voice of the Son of God. No creature has the power over death. Only Jesus has that power.

"And if Christ be not raised your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (1 Corinthians 15:17, 18)

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22) It was no mere angel that cast Satan out of heaven! He was cast out by the "power of his Christ."

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. (Revelation 12:10)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
IV. "One of the Princes"

Mrs. MacGregor's argumentation on Daniel 10:13 may sound somewhat convincing if the words are taken completely out of their context. A text out of its context is only a pretext. Will her statement stand in the light of its context?

In Daniel, chapters 8 - 10 we definitely have more than one prince

The prince of the kingdoms of Persia. (Daniel 10:13, 20)
The prince of the host. (Daniel 8:11)
The Prince of princes. (Daniel 8:25)
Messiah the Prince (Daniel 9:25)
Michael your Prince. (Daniel 10:21)

Daniel, in the context of these verses says that Michael is "one of the chief princes.: Obviously he is referring to the princes that the passage is talking about. Mrs MacGregor declares that Jesus is not "one of the chief princes mentioned in Daniel chapters 8 - 11. In that case He is not "Messiah the Prince," (Daniel 9:25) nor is He "The Prince of princes" (Daniel 8:25).

More About Princes: That Christ is called a "Prince" is evident.

1. Jesus is called a prince.

A. The Prince of peace (Isaiah 9:6)
B. The Prince of princes. (Daniel 8:25)
C. Messiah the Prince. (Daniel 9:25)
D. Prince of life. (Acts 3:15)
E. Prince and Saviour. (Acts 5:31)
F. Prince of the kings of the earth. Revelation 1:5)

2. He is not the only prince in the Bible.

A. Jacob was called a prince. (Genesis 23:6)
B. David was called a prince. (Ezekiel 34:24)
C. Satan was called the prince of this world. (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11)
D. Satan referred to as "The prince of the power of the air," (Ephesians 2:2)

Christ is a Prince, but there are other princes. To say that Christ is not one of anything, is not accurate. He is one of the trinity. The fact that there are other princes, calling Him one of them does not reduce Him to the same level as the others.

When angels worship Christ who is the Chief Messenger, the Prince of the angelic host, they are not worshipping another angel, but rather the Creator of angels.

V. Did Michael Rebuke Satan? One of the identifying marks of a cult is that they misquote Scripture. Lorri MacGregor states, "In Jude 9 where we find that Michael the Archangel did not dare rebuke Satan." (Seventh-day Adventism Another Gospel? p.2) Many of her readers may not take the time to look up the passage, thus being misled by what she is saying. The text says that "he durst not bring against him a railing accusation."

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but saith, The Lord rebuke thee. Jude 9 Satan is the "accuser of our brethren." (Revelation 12:10) Because of his character, Christ does not deal in railing accusations. However He did rebuke Satan! The very next phrase says "but said, the Lord rebuke thee."

Apart from Jude's account, the only scriptural reference to the burial of Moses is Deut. 34:5, 6, where it is recorded that the Lord buried His faithful servant and that his grave was not known to men. Jude now reveals that the dead body was the subject of dispute between Christ and Satan. It is evident that the Lord triumphed in His contest with the devil and raised Moses from his grave, making him the first known subject of Christ's resurrecting power. (Matthew 17:3). Moses appeared with Elijah on the Mount of transfiguration.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Conclusion: A superficial study of Michael the Archangel, tainted with pagan ideas about the hierarchy of angels, might imply that an archangel is a created being. A more thorough study of the subject reveals that:

1. The term "angel" means messenger, and does not always refer to created beings, but is sometimes used to refer to divinity.

2. Greek philosophy, as well as Moslem and Roman Catholic tradition teach that there is a class of angels called Archangels. There is no Biblical basis for this teaching. The Bible never refers to a plurality of archangels, but only to "the Archangel."

3. The word Archangel is compounded from two words, archi, a prefix denoting "chief," and aggelo, or "messenger." He is the chief "Messenger," linking heaven to earth.

4. It is the voice of the Archangel that calls the dead from their graves. It is the voice of Christ that awakens the dead. No created being has the power to challenge the power of death.

5. It is only Christ who has the power to wrest the body of Moses from the power of death making him the first known subject of His resurrecting power.

6. Only Christ could cast Satan out of heaven.

7. Michael your Prince in Daniel 10:21 refers to the same Person as Messiah the Prince (Daniel 9:25), The Prince of princes (Daniel 8:25), The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), The Prince of life (Acts 3:15), the Prince and Saviour (Acts 5:31), and the Prince of the kings of the earth. (Revelation 1:5)

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Castaway:

These are correct also I put the Chief Prince of Elohim in certain areas as well.

The term "angel" means messenger, and does not always refer to created beings, but is sometimes used to refer to divinity.

The Bible never refers to a plurality of archangels, but only to "the Archangel."

The word Archangel is compounded from two words, archi, a prefix denoting "chief," and aggelo, or "messenger." He is the chief "Messenger," linking heaven to earth.

It is the voice of the Chief Prince of the Messengers of Elohim that calls the dead from their graves. It is His voice that awakens the dead. No created being has the power to challenge the power of death.

It is only the Chief Prince who has the power to wrest the body of Moses from the power of death making him the first known subject of His resurrecting power.

Michael your Prince in Daniel 10:21 refers to the same Person as Messiah the Prince (Daniel 9:25), The Prince of princes (Daniel 8:25), The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), The Prince of life (Acts 3:15), the Prince and Saviour (Acts 5:31), and the Prince of the kings of the earth. (Revelation 1:5)

Only the Chief Prince could cast Satan out of Heaven. Which I agree, but here is more to the story, Satan nor the angels knew that Yashua was the One who created them. Remember the angels had to be tested because of the power of choice.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. Heb 1:7

The Hebrew word "cherub" is appears to be mysterious but it orginated from the Assyrian word karâbu means “to bless,” or “to pray.” Which is what these leading spiritual messengers appear to be doing in front of the veil and at the gate of the Garden of Eden. These leading beings were always around Elohim throne and some of them were a part of His movable throne. Eze. 9:3; 10:4; Ps. 99:1; Isa. 37:16 These beings were also given to Moses as a pattern of the Heavenly Sanctuary. Ex. 25:22; 25:18; 26:1, 31; 1 Kings 6:29, 32, 35

Now returning to my point. Notice that Satan was the only evil spirtual messenger allowed to be in the Garden! Where were the others if they were kicked down to earth? Just like you explain beautifully about the true meaning of the Arch Angel we must understand all of it. Michael became an Angel or Messenger to test the angels. The angels were never called Elohim's son. Michael was noticed by the highest rank cherub which was Lucifer. Eze 28:14 The time came for Michael true identity to be reveal Lucifer was angry. Why, he wanted to be the son of Elohim and be equal with the Father. When Lucifer rejected the Son, even after other created beings were made who were call sons, this upset him more. Job 38:3-7 The loyal angels accepted Michael as their Creator, Commander and Chief Prince. The angels with Lucifer was kicked out of their first home or estate and the lived not here but some where Michael permitted them. Only a few allow here at one time up to a legion. Where Yashua said that His Father would be able to send Him legions! Matt, 26: 53; Mark 5:9; Jude 1:6

The Hebrew word "gē," is contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe. Strong Dictionary

Finally, even in the first two chapters of Job, only Satan tries to sneak into Heaven! It is only Satan EGW mentions here doing the flood, Satan who tries to prevent Cyrus, Satan that tempts Yashua, Satan only who tries to argue over Moses body. I ask anyone if 1/3 of the most powerful beings created has fallen here how on earth would man and this earth take them all?? Where did they all stay when the earth was created?:confused:

Just food for thought to help unwravel the true plan of Salvation that is a mystery!

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
You are welcome! I appreciate you dropping by the forum and taking time to study with us online!

Jesus is made known by many different names and symbols throughout the Bible. We may rejoice that this is so because it enables people from all walks of life to "hear His Voice," and to recognize His presence in our lives. Jesus loves to meet us where we are at.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,761.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are welcome! I appreciate you dropping by the forum and taking time to study with us online!

Jesus is made known by many different names and symbols throughout the Bible. We may rejoice that this is so because it enables people from all walks of life to "hear His Voice," and to recognize His presence in our lives. Jesus loves to meet us where we are at.

Very nice, we need more voices in solid studies like this. The real spiritual food to be nourished on, not just the milk of babes, but those that are for maturing Christians..

God Bless my brother Castaway

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Very nice, we need more voices in solid studies like this. The real spiritual food to be nourished on, not just the milk of babes, but those that are for maturing Christians..

God Bless my brother Castaway
Thanks; I appreciate hearing that. I had an idea earlier today, which I am now thinking I need to follow through on, for a very edifying topic on the name of Jesus. Look for it soon! :)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I ask anyone if 1/3 of the most powerful beings created has fallen here how on earth would man and this earth take them all?? Where did they all stay when the earth was created?:confused:

Just food for thought to help unwravel the true plan of Salvation that is a mystery!

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri
Some things we will never know the full answer to...I am thankful that "Jesus is enough;" and that our "hand of faith" can appropiate the merits of Christ; and that He is our peace, our wisdom, our prophecy, our power; our hope.

Thanks for your observations above; may God bless you double!! :)
Like Nicodemus, we must be willing to enter into life in the same way as the chief of sinners. Than Christ, "there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12. Through faith we receive the grace of God; but faith is not our Saviour. It earns nothing. It is the hand by which we lay hold upon Christ, and appropriate His merits, the remedy for sin. And we cannot even repent without the aid of the Spirit of God. The Scripture says of Christ, "Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." Acts 5:31. Repentance comes from Christ as truly as does pardon. {DA 175.4}

How, then, are we to be saved? "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29.

The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, "I delight to do Thy will, O my God." Psalm 40:8. {DA 175.5}

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Archangel is Earth's Angel who acts as the electrode of the nucleus of the Universe. He stands on the Earth, one foot on land and the other on Sea. His outstretched arms radiate the Spirit of God into all of the Universe and then the Universe is once again attracted to the Earth and it gathers rather than expands.

The wobble in Earth's axis will be straightened as the North Star Polaris is facing Earth's south pole, where unlike poles are attracted. Currently, our north pole faces Polaris and is in opposition causing the Earth to wobble around the invisible magnetic energy field coming down from Polaris.

Once the Archangel comes to Earth He will then bring the Universe back on grid and God's River of Living Waters flows through Him, the Earth and into all of the Universe.
He is depicted in DaVinci's drawing of Man. He is depicted as the Atlas Man. There are a number of depictions of this phenomenon that the world is blind to.

You will stumble with your doctrines as they don't point to the New Jerusalem.

You'll soon know if this is truth or I'll be made a fool. See what comes in December. Bless you for trying!

:)

Upvote 0