Michael Rood and the Rood Awakening

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
[/left]

I only want to respond to a couple of points here. Rood is a teacher, and some of his teachings are outside the mainstream of MJ. That makes him different, but not dangerous or cult-like. His straightforward presentation of the facts and his blunt assessment of church traditions that stem from paganism puts off some people. If what he says is the truth, then that is their problem, not his. Much of his teachings are mirrored in Lew White's book Fossilized Customs.
?
Actually had it at our fellowship where one of the members was trying to pass out Lew's "Fossilized Customs" book. I got a copy as well, but when I checked it out, I was amazed at the sheer amount of inaccuracies/errors made on multiple subjects - some of them being outright lies and others sloppy generalizations. The books got taken back once the individual realized (due to further research) the background of Lew and how he was grossely inconsistent in talking about all the things he deemed "pagan" and yet he owned a music store that sold TONS of immoral Rock & Roll music alongisde a host of other things...all of which he claimed to condemn. And to hear him talk continually within the book on all the ways he felt Christianity was simply a means to conceal all manner of pagan influences (basically promoting the same as others did that says "Christianity is Against God's Torah" or "Christianity is of the Devil") - in contrast with his claims of supporting the true spirit of Judaic culture - it simply felt like more of the same which you'd see in most of the cults within Hebrew Roots groups and cults of all types (especially those of the Restorationist era).

I recall how one of the leaders at my fellowship noting how there are some things spiritually which can make you physically ill due to the prescence they carry - if aware of what the scriptures say and seeing the fruit thereof in the lives of others - and due to how he had experienced many of the extremes of others who supported things like Lew before, it was like a familar spirit the moment he picked it up. I actually thought about burning my copy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Easy G (G²);62155938 said:
Actually had it at our fellowship where one of the members was trying to pass out Lew's "Fossilized Customs" book. I got a copy as well, but when I checked it out, I was amazed at the sheer amount of inaccuracies/errors made on multiple subjects - some of them being outright lies and others sloppy generalizations. The books got taken back once the individual realized (due to further research) the background of Lew and how he was grossely inconsistent in talking about all the things he deemed "pagan" and yet he owned a music store that sold TONS of immoral Rock & Roll music alongisde a host of other things...all of which he claimed to condemn.

When you're right, you're right.
My understanding is that it was a "headshop" that he owned, offering drug and "eastern religous" paraphanalia along with books and immorally suggestive type music.

Upvote 0

mishkan

There's room for YOU in the Mishkan!
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Easy G (G²);62155938 said:
Actually had it at our fellowship where one of the members was trying to pass out Lew's "Fossilized Customs" book. I got a copy as well, but when I checked it out, I was amazed at the sheer amount of inaccuracies/errors made on multiple subjects - some of them being outright lies and others sloppy generalizations. The books got taken back once the individual realized (due to further research) the background of Lew and how he was grossely inconsistent in talking about all the things he deemed "pagan" and yet he owned a music store that sold TONS of immoral Rock & Roll music alongisde a host of other things...all of which he claimed to condemn.

Now, there is a post I can get behind. Clear and concise... and accurate.

I have had a similar experience with someone handing out copies of the book at my shul. It took me about ten minutes to identify a number of inaccuracies and half-truths.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now, there is a post I can get behind. Clear and concise... and accurate.
Plenty of those already - and be a paragraph or 3 paragraphs or 3 sentences, truth is truth.
I have had a similar experience with someone handing out copies of the book at my shul. It took me about ten minutes to identify a number of inaccuracies and half-truths
It happens...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When you're right, you're right.
My understanding is that it was a "headshop" that he owned, offering drug and "eastern religous" paraphanalia along with books and immorally suggestive type music.
"Headshop" is another way of seeing it - as I've seen terms used for both ..similar to things you'd see in a store like Spencer's Gifts ( will never go into that store again after the music/products they sold - and haven't gone back in decades )

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks again for the collective information)
Not a problem, Bruh - as I also appreciate it whenever you've done the same on other subjects when trying to be as comprehensive as possible.
I personally have found it really helpful in weighing up the validity of Roods teaching, the character of the man and perhaps most significantly how he is perceived by brethren.
When it comes to media figures, it tends to help me when others present the facts on who the individual is and not try to give a "snap shot" perspective which limits things at times if/when the scope of what they do isn't as simple as others can make it out to be. It'd be like talking on a presidential figure such as Lincoln - asking whether or not he was "bad" as a president - and then giving a 2 point comment of "He freed the slaves and helped end the Civil War" as if that covers how complicated the backgound of his actions were. At that point, being "quick" is more about being over-generalized than having accuracy or understanding.

I am sorry there is a bit of in-fighting going on (its very Jewish though :cool:)
As the old saying goes, "Two Jews and Three Opinions"....although in this case, it's predominately Gentiles^_^ Love it, of course, whenever you see Jewish brothers/sisters in intense debate and some of the things they may say to each other in the same manner like how it happens in the hood whenever we discuss politics - and the response to something disagreed on is "You straight Crazy, Bruh!" or other things we rag on each other for as siblings.As long as there's good fellowship before/after, it always goes good in the hood...and the same with certain discussions where the relationship one has makes a difference.:)
and just to say I have no trouble understanding what my friend Easy G is saying, and quite often I find he puts information out there without necessarily making comment or stating an obvious position which I presume is because he doesn't want to add a perspective that might prejudice an informed and unbiased judgment
Correct. :) And as I said, I kind of figured you'd easily understand as do others - seeing that we already think alike in that regard. See others do it all the time - short or long - and it has never really bothered me. If I want their opinion, I'll ask it - but in discussion on historical figures or what a teacher believers, it's really about the facts...what's good and what's bad - and opinion can come afterward. Sometimes, one shares their opinion briefly at the end of sharing both sides of an issue - or they share it quickly...and other times, it's assumed when opinion is asked for that they give it by simply sharing what is.
....we all have our own unique methods of interacting on the net...personally I embrace the diversity, all methods can have positive elements if we gracefully look for them without getting into Pollyanna Syndrome.
Indeed. People relate differently and understand/process things differently - no different than what happens in families with others of multiple frames of thought. There is no golden standard..

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Easy G (G²);62156870 said:
"Headshop" is another way of seeing it - as I've seen terms used for both ..similar to things you'd see in a store like Spencer's Gifts ( will never go into that store again after the music/products they sold - and haven't gone back in decades )

I've never thought of Spencer's as a headshop but I guess that's as good a description as any for it! I think "Gifts" may be a bit to tame for it, lol. And I agree with you, absolutely no desire or need to go in there for anything!! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think our attitude for people that are in error should go beyond an automatic condemnation and be tempered with a desire to see them restored and walking in the Truth...but I admit when someone is in a position of what might be termed 'spiritual authority' there is a rather urgent need to expose their errors as quickly and effectively
Good Word, Bruh.

What you said reminded me of something I remembered learning when I used to be more extensively involved with "Watch Dog" Blogs/"Disernment" Ministires - the sites that'd often claim that everyone else besides that was either a "false teacher" or a "false prophet in the Church" even they ignored where they may have had some inconsistencies with God's Word...and lacking a heart of love like the Church in Ephesus. People found it easier to make sweeping generalizations/categories and often treat other teachers as if they were not people first - and then, if you confronted them on it, it was said "We don't need all those details!!!" or "You gotta say it like it is and be done with it - THey're WRONG and THAT'S IT!!!".....and it was such lazinesss, IMHO, when compared to the examples within scripture.

If we spend all of our time focusing on seeking Yeshua and his truth, we shall continually find it every where we look. And if we end up seeking just error we shall find it everywhere we look. It is like when you go out to buy a new car you have been traveling the same roads constantly for years never noticing certain car models. Then one day you decide which one you want and lo and behold everywhere you look there you see it in the traffic where before you hardly noticed them at all. If we spend all of our time seeking for error then we are not focusing upon the Lord and finding His truth. We slow our growth in Him down or we out right cease growing in Christ.

Granted, that does not mean that we are to ignore error when we do see it, but we should rebuke them in love all the while considering ourselves lest we also fall into the same error that we are rebuking.
Tit 1:9-16/Titus 1:9
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: (11) Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. (12) One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. (13) This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; (14) Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
This verse is but one among many others that people often bring up on differing sites when it comes to teachers in error. THe following verses are some of the ones that are often brought up when it comes to false teachings and things of that nature.
There're others of course...but the list isn't exhaustive. OTHERS say that when it comes to false teachers, one should simply pray for them-------but in light of the following verses, that seems to not be the case.

There comes a time when CONTEXT is what needs to be examined. If I may pose a question, in the epistle to Titus, there were false teachers there which were doing much damage and Titus was told to rebuke them sharply in Titus 1

However, in the fellowship where Timoty was stationed, there were false teachers there as well…and yet Timothy was given instructions on how to deal with the situation as well - as seen in 2 Timothy 2:23-25 . Again, both fellowships were involving false teachers…..and my question is—in light of the popular statment that all false teachers/those holding to their teachings were always severely denounced, why does there seem to be a distinction if false teachers are always supposed to be labeled ONE WAY ONLY (i.e. with sharp words, harsh terminology, etc)? What to make of the situation where Timothy was told to GENTLY instruct those opponents who opposed him? Could it be possible that not all error or behavior is in the same category and that differing levels of error warrant differing levels of rebuke/action?

If teaching something false is what makes someone a false teacher, then what of the times when we were teaching something that we genuinely believed to be the truth of God’s Word and were sincerly doing so to please the Lord, but later came to realize that what we were teaching wasn’t really what a paticular text meant? Or that the application of what we were teaching was flawed?

Were we false teachers then when we had less understanding on an issue?

My understanding is that the FALSE TEACHERS IN CRETE were of a ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CATEGORY than those in TIMOTHY'S AREA and thus subject to a whole different set of rules because the degree of ERROR was not in the same level. What others in Timothy's fellowship did was an issue - for it got people discouraged needlessly as if Christ had already come back - and although believing such would not send you to Hell, it was a problem. As Paul noted in 2 Timothy 2:15-19, it was a teaching that spread like gangrene - and slowly harming others in their faith. What they taught came from others who had departed from truth - and thus, Timothy was to avoid their godless chatter or else it would cause him to become more ungodly. Because they were truly decieved, Timothy was called to address them in a very cautious/gracious manner...for the ones doing so had a track record for falling into bad teaching - one of them, known as Hymenaeus , already being called out by Paul before for harming others/shipwrecking their faith ( 1 Timothy 1:19-20 ).

The teachers in Crete, however, were on an entirely different level. These people even Paul called dogs (Philippians 3:2) - and they had a reputation of following him wherever he went/stirring up trouble. With the teachers in CRETE, they had a BAD REPUTATION EVEN AMONG UNSAVED FOLKS!!!!

That's significantly different than a teaching in Scripture such as "Jesus already came back" which can be damaging since it's not biblical and leads to discouragement and yet not lead to someone committing ALL OUT IMMORALITY AS THHE FALSE TEACHERS IN CRETE (who were the infamous Judaizers, and literally teaching another Gospel all together.. as well as rising riots against the apostles among other actions. When Paul says "Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels (2 Timothy 2:23-25 ), what the apostle is saying to Timothy is that there are certain kinds of controversies he must never get involved in. “Have nothing to do with them,” Paul says. There are two kinds particularly — stupid controversies, and senseless controversies.The word that is translated “stupid” here is the word moros, from which we get our word, moron. Paul is talking about moronic controversies, foolish, trivial matters which, even when they are settled after long and loud debate, do nothing for you; they do not advance the Believers's cause in the least degree.

Such trivial matters may be interesting in some limited way, but they should never be allowed to become controversies and have people divide over them. In the Middle Ages we know that the scholars of the church debated at great length issues like how many angels can stand on the head of a pin - something that's a foolish question since Angels are spirits, and as such do not occupy space. The head of a pin is the same as the top of a mountain to angels.

But we have our own ridiculous questions today. In example, there are literally hundreds of people who've often debated sharply/heatedly and at great length what prominent world figure in this day has a name which can be reduced numerically to the numbers 666. One can buy a lot of books today — very inexpensively — suggesting names that have been advanced in the past of people who are no longer with us and that could've qualified somehow. Other questions I'd include here are the false distinctions people make when saying "Are you a Messianic believer who lives Israel - or are you a Christian?" - and then arguing forever on it due to having a false view that to be Christian is to be against Israel automatically or against the Torh. It never goes anywhere....and is foolish seeing that all who claim Christ are by default Christians - those who represent Christ.

Other examples of bad controversies would be a question such as I have heard hotly debated, “Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?” That question does have some degree of historical interest — there is evidence for a day other than the traditional Friday — so perhaps that issue merits an hour or so of discussion or study. But what difference does it make even if it is settled? To divide up and separate from other believers because of that is ridiculous, yet there are people who do that. You can probably think of a dozen more debates on trivial matters like this that get nowhere - but those are what Paul calls foolish, moronic debates. Have nothing to do with them. As it concerns the second part of what Paul noted, the second word is translated “senseless.” This word really means unlearned, arising out of ignorance. As such it refers to questions that are basically insoluble; we do not know enough to answer the questions that are being asked...and such, when there's not enough information on an issue, we're to not be dogmatic on it/cause a division on the matter.

With Rood, I'd place him in that category with several things he has noted - and although I disagree with him, I must keep this in mind when Paul said that goal of correction must be pure.
1 Timothy 1
3As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

5Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

6From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
Even when evaluating false teachings or non-Biblical religions or groups, this will be done without passing judgement on individuals or "demonizing" proponents of such views. people forget about Revelation 2 with the church in Ephesus and whom Jesus had significant issue with, as they Y GOT BLASTED, DESPITE ANY RESISTING FALSE TEACHING, due to not having any love for Brethren.

Despite exposing error/promoting truth, Christ rebuked Ephesus also……despite ANYRIGHTEOUS characteristics they possessed ( Revelation 2:1-7)—for if motives are off or there’s not genuine love/honor for one another as authentic proof of the Gospel, EFFORTS mean NOTHING

No doubt that it’s PARAMOUNT to make certain that what we believe lines up with what the Lord believes, as failing to do so ends up creating danger for us all:1 Timothy 4:16. However, As necessary the battle is for to maintain sound teaching & moral/doctrinal purity…..it’s very easy to forget that in the battle , it’s possible to lose a charitable spirit: Philippians 4:5...and Prolonged conflict can weaken or destroy the patience & affection that’s to define us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think our attitude for people that are in error should go beyond an automatic condemnation and be tempered with a desire to see them restored and walking in the Truth...but I admit when someone is in a position of what might be termed 'spiritual authority' there is a rather urgent need to expose their errors as quickly and effectively as possible to halt the spread of deception in the Body...it seems endemic in these days we are living in.
Although I don't agree with everything the man said, the ministry Bob DeWaay once shared some very interesting insights that have stood with me for a long time when it comes to addressing things. As he said best on one issue when examining the differing churches of Revelation (for brief excerpt):
Jesus begins His address to the church in Ephesus with a commendation: “‘I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot endure evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My name’s sake, and have not grown weary” (Revelation 2:2, 3).
Contrary to what some people think, this is a commendation. They had obeyed Paul’s former words precisely: “Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock” (Acts 20:28, 29). Jesus commended them for obeying the words of Paul and guarding the flock against false “sent ones” (apostles).

This church had a long history of apostolic teaching, beginning with Paul himself (see Acts 20:18-35 for Paul’s address to the Ephesian elders which describes his previous ministry there). Timothy was told to correct false doctrine in Ephesus: “As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus, in order that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines” (1Timothy 1:3). John was likely in Ephesus before his exile to Patmos. Never has there existed a church that had a history of greater leadership: Paul, Timothy and John. This apostolic teaching had born the good fruit of discernment. They refused to tolerate evil men or false apostles.

Given this backdrop, Jesus’ rebuke is stunning: “But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you, and will remove your lampstand out of its place— unless you repent” (Revelation 2:4, 5).

How could it be that a church that had profited from the ministries of Paul, Timothy and John be so severely rebuked? This shows how quickly a church can fall from the fervency of love for God and neighbor that characterizes those who have been truly converted! Here we have a church that defends herself against false apostles and endures for the sake of Christ, but has left her first love.

Some have used this passage to warn about those who correct error. They suggest that somehow the process of withstanding evil and error makes a person unloving. There is nothing in the text that says this. The word “but” in the Greek is a strong adversative. That means that the rebuke is in stark contrast to the commendation. The praise and rebuke are both strong. The idea is that the church should reject false teachers practicers of evil and have a strong, heartfelt love for God and neighbor (see Matthew 22:37-40).

This “first love” that had characterized this church earlier in its existence is love that is demonstrated through action. We know this because Jesus said, “do the deeds you did at first.”

In the New Testament, love for God is shown by one’s love for the brethren (1John 4:20, 21). Love for one’s neighbor is show by the one who takes concrete action to help those in need (Luke 10:27-37).

Correcting error and showing love to God and neighbor are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps the tendency is for those who battle false teaching and practices to become battle “hardened” and unloving. George Eldon Ladd comments, “. . . their struggle with false teachers and their hatred of heretical teaching had apparently engendered hard feelings and harsh attitudes toward one another to such an extent that it amounted to a forsaking of the supreme Christian virtue of love.”7 Those of us in “discernment ministries” do well to ask God to graciously preserve us from becoming this way and to kindle the flame of Christian love that is expressed in practical ways.

Jesus has a further commendation for the church at Ephesus: “Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate” (Revelation 2:6). No one knows exactly who the “Nicolaitans” were, but clearly they were a heretical sect. It is noteworthy that the Nicolaitans who were hated by the Ephesian church were embraced by the church at Pergamos (Revelation 2:15). Jesus’ words to the church at Ephesus show that it must be possible to simultaneously hate the “deeds” of evil doers and love God and neighbor. We can hate the wicked deeds of those around us yet lovingly preach the gospel to them, hoping that God grants repentance.
When it comes to exposing error/false teahing (or teachers), Mark them, avoid them, and go about your way preaching the GOSPEL--which is the only thing able to save. It's already grieving enough that the way the Scriptures describe how we're to go to war whenever combatting error-----as if we've remixed Scripture
2 Timothy 2:24-26
24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone who agrees with them theologically, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness unless that person agrees with my theological stance, is labeled a heritic, is seeker sensitive, Charismatic, Hyper-Charismatic, supporting Todd Bently/Florida Revival, Emergent or anything else involving herectical or abberational doctrines........ Because there is no way God may perhaps would grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may will not come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will
What Paul said in Romans is also noteworthy:
Romans 16:17-20
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

With regard to the command to “watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught,” it is possible to go overboard on this. What I mean is that people become so obsessed with spotting doctrinal error that they lose their ability to rejoice in doctrinal truth. They’re like dogs that are trained so completely to sniff out drugs at the airport, that even when they’re off duty they greet everybody that way. It doesn’t make for a very welcoming atmosphere.

The book of Romans does not make this mistake. Periodically Paul warns against doctrinal or ethical error. But most of Romans is a glorious display of the work of Christ for us and in us. So let’s ask the Lord to help us get the balance right here. We must do this: “Watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught.” But this is not the main thing we do. Vigilance over error is necessary, but joy in the truth is dominant.:) And within that, our hearts must be seeking to maintain the right spirit - that of charity.
Ephesians 4
Unity of the Spirit
1Therefore I, (A)the prisoner of the Lord, (B)implore you to (C)walk in a manner worthy of the (D)calling with which you have been (E)called, 2with all (F)humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another (G)in love,
Colossians 3:12-14
12So, as those who have been (A)chosen of God, holy and beloved, (B)put on a(C)heart of compassion, kindness, (D)humility, gentleness and (E)patience;13(F)bearing with one another, and (G)forgiving each other............
1 Peter 4:8-10
8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Romans 12:3
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Galatians 6
Doing Good to All

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.
James 3:12-18

12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Two Kinds of Wisdom
13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

Though the Word urges us in Jude to “contend for the faith that was once entrusted to the saints” and to BE AWARE of false teachers/their teachings and to not be rooted in anything but the Truths of Christ (Mathew 7:15-20, Matthew 23:13-36, Mark 12:38-40, Acts 20:29, Galatians 1:6-9, I Timothy 4:1-2, I Timothy 4:15-16, I Timothy 6:20-21, II Timothy 3:1-9, II Peter 2:1-3, II John 1:7-11, Jude 1:1-4, Jude 1:17-19, etc)…..does the book of Jude not also exhort us to also “Be Merciful to Those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh”? (Jude 1:22-23).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've never thought of Spencer's as a headshop but I guess that's as good a description as any for it!
A lot of the stuff within the store was highly sexualized/crass (some of it outright inappropriate contentagraphic) while other things advertised were movies within the realm of the Occult - and although some things were innocent (as I went there once to buy a pair of hanging dice for my car and used to check out some of the anime videos there for shows I enjoyed ), it was just way too intense for me to chill there. Paticularly, it started becoming more intensive once I actually looked around the store and saw what they were selling. It felt like I was in a Lion's Den on many levels
I think "Gifts" may be a bit to tame for it, lol.
I'd agree. In fact, I'd say "gifts" would be a bit of an understatement - even though some things in the store were pretty funny.

And I agree with you, absolutely no desire or need to go in there for anything!! ;)
:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rood plays to an audience which he counts on being ignorant of Hebrew and actual Jewish history and practices.
Thankfully, more people are becoming aware of Greek and Hebrew on an academic level - and understanding the different nuances of it as well as being able to have access to resources that make it something others can utilize where they're at properly.

Upvote 0