✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
U.S. military report warns 'sudden collapse' of Mexico is possible

EL PASO - Mexico is one of two countries that "bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse," according to a report by the U.S. Joint Forces Command on worldwide security threats.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_11444354

there's alot of trucks rolling over the us-mexican border everyday. I bet if it happened it would definately effect many businesses here.

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The economy of Mexico is 10th to 12th largest in the world. Since the 1994 crisis, administrations have improved the country's macroeconomic fundamentals. Mexico was not significantly influenced by the recent 2002 South American crisis, and has maintained positive, although low, rates of growth after a brief period of stagnation in 2001. Moody's (in March 2000) and Fitch IBCA (in January 2002) issued investment-grade ratings for Mexico's sovereign debt. In spite of its unprecedented macroeconomic stability, which has reduced inflation and interest rates to record lows and has increased per capita income, enormous gaps remain between the urban and the rural population, the northern and southern states, and the rich and the poor. Some of the government's challenges include the upgrade of infrastructure, the modernization of the tax system and labor laws, and the reduction of income inequality.

The economy contains a mixture of modern and outmoded industry and agriculture, both of which are increasingly dominated by the private sector. Recent administrations have expanded competition in ports, railroads, telecommunications, electricity generation, natural gas distribution and airports, with the aim of upgrading infrastructure. As an export-oriented economy, more than 90% of Mexican trade is under free trade agreements (FTAs) with more than 40 countries, including the European Union, Japan, Israel, and much of Central and South America. The most influential FTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which came into effect in 1994, and was signed in 1992 by the governments of the United States, Canada and Mexico. In 2006, trade with Mexico's two northern partners accounted for almost 90% of its exports and 55% of its imports. Recently, the Congress of the Union approved important tax, pension and judicial reforms, and reform to the oil industry is currently being debated. According to the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest companies in 2008, Mexico had 16 companies in the list.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
U.S. military report warns 'sudden collapse' of Mexico is possible

EL PASO - Mexico is one of two countries that "bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse," according to a report by the U.S. Joint Forces Command on worldwide security threats.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_11444354

there's alot of trucks rolling over the us-mexican border everyday. I bet if it happened it would definately effect many businesses here.

If people were shocked and dismayed about what happened this past fall in the economy, all I have to say is we ain't seen nothing yet. Brace yourselves. This is going to be a really rough ride.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My advice: buy gold, buy lots and lots of gold!!!

gold.jpg

:angel: :angel: :angel: :D :angel: :angel: :angel:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My advice: buy gold, buy lots and lots of gold!!!

I only deal in gold-pressed latinum. ;)

100 blessings to the first person to get the reference (People who know me in real life are not eligible). :)

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

100 blessings to the first person to get the reference (People who know me in real life are not eligible). :)

Ferengi, dude.

Upvote 0
Buy Gold and Guns.

I think that the worst will come a couple of years into Obamas presidency.

You cannot have to much of either of those!!!

Narco-terror is a real concern, you know probably better than anyone, that if people cannot trust their courts and officials at any level, then that government cannot not stand. Mexico has two things the US needs, oil and marijuana. They are also getting market share in heroine (Asia is still better) and cocaine. With money come power. I guess it is a matter of time until we know.

As for the other country mentioned, Pakistan, if it is proved conclusively that members of the government had any link in the Indian attacks, nothing good will come of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Quark, A Ferengi from Deep Space Nine, on Star Trek.
:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.