Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like a variety of acts, ranging from black metal, death metal, deathcore, hardcore, metalcore, screamo, thrash etc. Bands like Aiden, Asking Alexandria, Bullet for my Valentine, Belphegor, Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, DevilDriver, Escape The Fate, Get Scared, Hatebreed, etc.

Burnt by the Sun's early stuff is about the heaviest music I listen to. I like some stuff that can be pretty tough to listen to at all...

Botch, The Red Chord, Nights Like These, Slugdge, Sanzu, Cattle Decapitation, Pig Destroyer, I Hate Sally, and my favorite band-Car Bomb are all great bands.

I listen to some lighter metal too though...I still enjoy stuff like Royal Thunder.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are Christian artists playing pretty much every genre of music. In some cases there aren't too many of them, and whether they're as good as their secular counterparts can be a subjective matter, but they do exist.
So are there good bands in South Africa?

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Ok, cool. What bands do you like?

To be honest, I don't have a great deal of Christian artists in my collection. The last metal albums by Christian bands that I bought were probably Stryper and Theocracy. Although you could possibly throw Threshold in there - they're technically not a Christian band, but their main lyric writer is one.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
So are there good bands in South Africa?

There are, although I'd struggle to name that many who are currently active as I don't follow mainstream music all that closely, and the genres that I tend to listen (metal with clean vocals and prog) are pretty much non-starters when it comes to local bands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums