Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've also wondered if they ever get a sore throat from singing like that.
Well, it's what you do with that kind of music and lyrics; the throaty screamo that has to be done in the base of the throat is simply all part of the type of music, isn't it.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think hard rock does something for some people, right? and when it the message is hard-hitting Bible verses, the communication is very powerful.

(Mind you, Scripture comforts and soothes also.)

Yeah, I also like the song Personal Jesus as I can imagine the Lord singing through to the other person.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's what you do with that kind of music and lyrics; the throaty screamo that has to be done in the base of the throat is simply all part of the type of music, isn't it.

True and they've probably had plenty of training.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some good Christian metal bands in Europe. I like Extol, and once went to one of their concerts. A German metal worship band called Obadja is also good, but they sing mostly in German. I do prefer punk/punk rock to metal though

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are some good Christian metal bands in Europe. I like Extol, and once went to one of their concerts. A German metal worship band called Obadja is also good, but they sing mostly in German. I do prefer punk/punk rock to metal though

Cool. What other bands do you like and recommend?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you like the throaty screamo, when musicians do it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool. What other bands do you like and recommend?

I am an old guy and not really up to date with new bands. This was much better when my kids were teenagers, and went to all sorts of crazy concerts. But I still enjoy a good punk concert - and if I am in the right mood: some more heavy stuff.

If you want recommendations for Norwegian bands, try some of these: Silver (punk rock), Kaizers Orchestra (pop/rock), Extol (metal, already mentioned), Ida Maria (punk). Serena Maneesh (punk rock). Some of them are Christians, others are not. You will probably find out which is which :)

Do you like the throaty screamo, when musicians do it?

Not really, no sorry :)
I understand it can be cool though, but not really my style (most of the time)

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am an old guy and not really up to date with new bands. This was much better when my kids were teenagers, and went to all sorts of crazy concerts. But I still enjoy a good punk concert - and if I am in the right mood: some more heavy stuff.

If you want recommendations for Norwegian bands, try some of these: Silver (punk rock), Kaizers Orchestra (pop/rock), Extol (metal, already mentioned), Ida Maria (punk). Serena Maneesh (punk rock). Some of them are Christians, others are not. You will probably find out which is which :)

Not really, no sorry :)
I understand it can be cool though, but not really my style (most of the time)

Ok, thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For some ppl hard rock is 'over the top'. For others, screamo is 'over the top'. For others piercings are 'over the top'. For others, ink, etc.

They are all styles of expression, I guess, really.

Absolutely. It's ok to enjoy different things. But may not be for everyone. It also depends how you were brought up.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,608.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
But didn't realise that there was such a thing as Christian hard rock.

There are Christian artists playing pretty much every genre of music. In some cases there aren't too many of them, and whether they're as good as their secular counterparts can be a subjective matter, but they do exist.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are Christian artists playing pretty much every genre of music. In some cases there aren't too many of them, and whether they're as good as their secular counterparts can be a subjective matter, but they do exist.

Ok, cool. What bands do you like?

Upvote 0