FreakOnALeash

Feb 28, 2016
Uk
✟7,814.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am a metalhead and yes I listen to christian metal, rock, punk acts as well as those acts who stray away from religious matters, discussing blood, gore, and devil matters. So does listening to both sides, make me a bad person?

No it does not make you a bad person. It just means you are open to all sorts of music and appreciate all the different styles.

Check out: Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Ossbourne, Dream Theater, KoRn, Mettalica, Rob Zombie, Black Sabbath, Judus Priest etc..... :)

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

FreakOnALeash

Feb 28, 2016
Uk
✟7,814.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I listen to heavier stuff than those guys. I know a lot of Christians and other religious folk don't like me due to my music taste.

Hey girl, if someone doesn't 'like' you for something as inferior as music taste, then I'd say be done with them, just don't be friend them...... I sing in a band and had some problems from people who attended a church near a venue we were playing at.... You know what they were [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing about? They didn't like our 'image'...... They didn't like our lyrics...... They didn't even like the time we were playing..... So they made it as big a problem as they possibly could. I even got physically attacked before the show so we nearly had to cancel, dude calling me an 'anti-christer' simply because I was wearing red eye contacts......makes sense. People are like this. Stupid at best. Just not to waste your time with them. It's good to be open to all kinds of music.... So you like heavier stuff then. What kind of bands? Any Black metal? Here's some Norwegian Satanic Black Metal.......

\m/><\m/

Upvote 0

Nataly87

Mar 5, 2016
Los Angeles, California
✟8,091.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I like a variety of acts, ranging from black metal, death metal, deathcore, hardcore, metalcore, screamo, thrash etc. Bands like Aiden, Asking Alexandria, Bullet for my Valentine, Belphegor, Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, DevilDriver, Escape The Fate, Get Scared, Hatebreed, etc.

Upvote 0

FreakOnALeash

Feb 28, 2016
Uk
✟7,814.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Music is music, it is just a form of expression. A way to express yourself and all those who feel music as a life line and something that they can relate too. Music is a lifesaver to those who can relate to the message. Most music is good as long as you have the knowlegde that it's just music and you don't need to act on what you feel is unacceptable..... Makes sense. This makes no one a bad person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You like specifically Christian hard rock, then?

I like different types of music, like stuff from the 80s-90s as that was when I was growing up. I also enjoy listening to worship music. But didn't realise that there was such a thing as Christian hard rock.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like different types of music, like stuff from the 80s-90s as that was when I was growing up. I also enjoy listening to worship music. But didn't realise that there was such a thing as Christian hard rock.
Disciple and Red have some tracks that are hard rock with Christian lyrics; I wish sometimes the lyrics were a bit clearer, but the Battle Lines lyrics (above) are good.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Disciple and Red have some tracks that are hard rock with Christian lyrics; I wish sometimes the lyrics were a bit clearer, but the Battle Lines lyrics (above) are good.

I've just listened to that song and I really like it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey girl, if someone doesn't 'like' you for something as inferior as music taste, then I'd say be done with them, just don't be friend them...... I sing in a band and had some problems from people who attended a church near a venue we were playing at.... You know what they were [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing about? They didn't like our 'image'...... They didn't like our lyrics...... They didn't even like the time we were playing..... So they made it as big a problem as they possibly could. I even got physically attacked before the show so we nearly had to cancel, dude calling me an 'anti-christer' simply because I was wearing red eye contacts......makes sense. People are like this. Stupid at best. Just not to waste your time with them. It's good to be open to all kinds of music.... So you like heavier stuff then. What kind of bands? Any Black metal? Here's some Norwegian Satanic Black Metal.......

\m/><\m/

Which bands do you like?

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I've also wondered if they ever get a sore throat from singing like that.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it is.
I think hard rock does something for some people, right? and when it the message is hard-hitting Bible verses, the communication is very powerful.

(Mind you, Scripture comforts and soothes also.)

Upvote 0