Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
JFJ are Christian Jews, I wouldn't call them "Messianic Jews".
Technically those two words (Christian and Messianic) mean the same, but they have different connotations.
I agree Hoshiyya. J4J is primarily a baptist missionary organization geared towards Jews. The Jews it converts are not meant to stay there but are supposed to meld into the regular Christian churches (although they have been notably impressed by the MJ movement). Any Jewish vernier they have is superficial, designed solely to attract Jews into their midst. They tell Jews they are going to make them "completed Jews" but the truth is the organization is designed to gentilize them. For this reason I consider them dishonest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
J4J Rabbi Kurt Schneider used the priestly blessing for Trump, inserting "Jesus" and saying the sacred name of God aloud. That is just offensive in so many different ways. What was he thinking?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-gets-priestly-blessing-from-jew-for-jesus/
And pray tell what is so extremely "offensive" about this? He was certainly not blaspheming God (since Jesus is God), and he was simply showing goodwill to Donald Trump (which is fantastic coming from a rabbi). What he was thinking is that a man who wants to "Make America Great Again" has the good of America at heart (contrary to the majority of the politicians in the USA). Nothing wrong with that. I say "Bravo" and keep up the good work Trump. BTW Donald Trump is the only presidential candidate who publicly displayed his personal Bible and publicly said "I am a Christian".

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
And pray tell what is so extremely "offensive" about this? He was certainly not blaspheming God (since Jesus is God), and he was simply showing goodwill to Donald Trump (which is fantastic coming from a rabbi). What he was thinking is that a man who wants to "Make America Great Again" has the good of America at heart (contrary to the majority of the politicians in the USA). Nothing wrong with that. I say "Bravo" and keep up the good work Trump. BTW Donald Trump is the only presidential candidate who publicly displayed his personal Bible and publicly said "I am a Christian".
You must be joking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I have my opinion, you have yours, CM, and that's fine.
I think diversity of thought makes things much more interesting. I like being challenged. It makes me think. It helps me clarify my thoughts. And sometimes I even change my mind. :)

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't worry.

Even if he wins, chances are he'll just leave your nation for a younger and prettier one.

pfffffffffftbwhahahahahah! *sprays the screen with tea*

Funniest thing I've read in years!

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
J4J Rabbi Kurt Schneider used the priestly blessing for Trump, inserting "Jesus" and saying the sacred name of God aloud. That is just offensive in so many different ways. What was he thinking?

Do you think saying the name Yahweh out loud is offensive in itself, or just in the political arena?
I think it's way past time for both.

Baruch haba b'shem Yahweh

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you think saying the name Yahweh out loud is offensive in itself
Yes. I go with Jewish tradition on this one. But at any rate, we couldn't say it even if we wanted to. We don't know the vowels. Yahweh is not God's sacred name. It's just someone's guess. Neither is Jehovah. But it's dumb to even try.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I go with Jewish tradition on this one. But at any rate, we couldn't say it even if we wanted to. We don't know the vowels. Yahweh is not God's sacred name. It's just someone's guess. Neither is Jehovah. But it's dumb to even try.

Yahweh is the most commonly agreed on pronunciation. Doesn't matter.
We know it is closer than god (idol's name) lord (another name for baal) or especially the name 'name' (hashem).
Yet it seems he honored those names for people who knew no better.
If you know something closer than Yahweh, Yahuah, Yahwah, Yahuwah, etc. feel free to use it.

You said that you as ethnic Jew are bound to the law, correct?
How many laws tell you to hide the name vs how many to proclaim it?

All of the Hebrew language, and any language is someon's guess.
The Rabbis changed Hebrew by adding vowel points, then Ben-Yehuda changed it again.
Do you think our Elohim is so petty as to require perfect pronunciation?
It will never happen. Not as long as there are dialects.

http://www.eliyah.com/Yahweh-name.html

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Thou shalt not take the LORD thy God's name in vain." Better to err on the side of caution.

That is one vs dozens. Less than one if you take 'in vain' to mean bring it to nothing, which would mean hiding it. That would make you break all of them.

Upvote 0