Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"on the tenth day of Nisan the people of Jerusalem used to take palm branches and welcome the high priest and his Passover lamb to the city. They would shout, “Hosanna!” and “Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord!” as the high priest led his Passover lamb into Jerusalem. I have since heard it taught that the Passover lambs had signs hung about their necks with the names of their owners written on them, just as Yeshua had a sign above His head at His execution.

In my Messianic congregation, I learned that as the high priest sacrificed his lamb he declared, “It is finished.” [1] As he carried the blood to the altar he would say to those around him, “Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to the altar.”"

He must have been in some messed up Church in a kippah, I've never heard of that and I've been in the 'movement' for over 20 years. Strange

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
"on the tenth day of Nisan the people of Jerusalem used to take palm branches and welcome the high priest and his Passover lamb to the city. They would shout, “Hosanna!” and “Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord!” as the high priest led his Passover lamb into Jerusalem. I have since heard it taught that the Passover lambs had signs hung about their necks with the names of their owners written on them, just as Yeshua had a sign above His head at His execution.

In my Messianic congregation, I learned that as the high priest sacrificed his lamb he declared, “It is finished.” [1] As he carried the blood to the altar he would say to those around him, “Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to the altar.”"

He must have been in some messed up Church in a kippah, I've never heard of that and I've been in the 'movement' for over 20 years. Strange

Just take 30 seconds to Google these things and you will find that they are ubiquitous.

Upvote 0