Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reminds me of the Lord saying you can not have two masters. Allah and God are going to be tussled top spot in the mind, then follows which rules rule the heart.
I do not approve either. At the very least though they will have some exposure to the bible. That's a good thing.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's an oxymoron!

I don't think so........
The Prophet Muhammad is rumored to have attempted to observe the Jewish Sabbath for
a number of years before he was offended by some Rabbinic Jews........ and went in another direction in life.

Muslims who term themselves "Messianic' are risking their lives to do so....... what do you and I risk by terming ourselves 'Messianic?"

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I wish it was Muslims who have gone messianic.

The sheer number of Muslims in Iran and many Middle Eastern nations who are
admitting that they believe Rabbi Issa - Jesus - Yeshua was the Jewish Messiah... .is astonishing.

And they are taking huge risks to admit this.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think so........
The Prophet Muhammad is rumored to have attempted to observe the Jewish Sabbath for
a number of years before he was offended by some Rabbinic Jews........ and went in another direction in life.

Muslims who term themselves "Messianic' are risking their lives to do so....... what do you and I risk by terming ourselves 'Messianic?"

It is simply not the same G_d. It cannot be that a person can be Muslim and Christian or Muslim and Jewish. They are, very definitely, oxymorons, unless the intention is to say that Christians and Jews share the same god as does Islam!

They can be ex-Muslims who have become Messianics or Christians or Jews - but Islam and its god must go from their lives. As Yeshua said: 'you cannot serve two masters' no matter how convenient the package is. Full conversion must take place, as you note in your following post, where many Muslims are converting to a belief in Jesus - but they must then cease to be a Muslim.

The reason they risk their lives is because they have converted from Islam to a Messianic faith - that takes enormous faith and courage, I agree, but they cannot be in both the Islamic faith AND the Jewish / Christian faith, simultaneously, which is what it seems your post implies; they are neither one nor the other if that is what they are trying to do.

Rumours hold no weight in matters of eternal life, or death - you are either for G_d, or against him.

Last edited:
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The sheer number of Muslims in Iran and many Middle Eastern nations who are
admitting that they believe Rabbi Issa - Jesus - Yeshua was the Jewish Messiah... .is astonishing.

And they are taking huge risks to admit this.
Mohammad did believe Christ was the Messiah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is simply not the same G_d. It cannot be that a person can be Muslim and Christian or Muslim and Jewish. They are, very definitely, oxymorons, unless the intention is to say that Christians and Jews share the same god as does Islam!

They can be ex-Muslims who have become Messianics or Christians or Jews - but Islam and its god must go from their lives. As Yeshua said: 'you cannot serve two masters' no matter how convenient the package is. Full conversion must take place, as you note in your following post, where many Muslims are converting to a belief in Jesus - but they must then cease to be a Muslim.

The reason they risk their lives is because they have converted from Islam to a Messianic faith - that takes enormous faith and courage, I agree, but they cannot be in both the Islamic faith AND the Jewish / Christian faith, simultaneously, which is what it seems your post implies; they are neither one nor the other if that is what they are trying to do.

Rumours hold no weight in matters of eternal life, or death - you are either for G_d, or against him.
Mohammad did not know the name of God, that is why he used the name of a Pagan god. Alilah=Allah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaphaCam

Netodoxy below the Equator
Mar 23, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
✟8,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't really understand what the author of this text is trying to say. All Muslims believe Jesus was the Messiah, although maybe the key is in "Messianic Muslims consider Jesus to be the Messiah for the Jews, Muslims and Christians", since Muslims generally consider Jesus Christ a prophet only for the Jews. It also seems he Christianised Islam by implying the Son is consubstantial to the Father ("he was in essence the same as Allah").

Mohammad did not know the name of God, that is why he used the name of a Pagan god. Alilah=Allah.
This is not true, Al-ilah means simply "the god", and "Allah" is an syncope of "Al-ilah". I believe the much older Aramaic word "Aloho" is also a cognate of "Allah".

Upvote 0

ShaulHaTarsi

Jul 9, 2016
USA
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a side note, Orthodox (i.e. non-Christian) Jews believe that they and Muslims worship the very same God despite them having different scriptures. It would be difficult to claim that non-Messianic and Messianic Jews worship the same God, but that somehow Muslims do not. If non-Messianic Jews and Muslims claim to worship the same God, how can you claim to worship the same god as the non-Messianic Jews (or even non-trinitarian MJ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
As a side note, non-Christian/Messianic Jews believe that they and Muslims worship the very same God despite them having different scriptures.
Oh, so you googled a secular link that says so? What about a Messianic Jewish Christian or a Judaic Christian? Where did you ever come up with the idea or conclude that all Messianic Jews are non-Christians? Orthodox Jews refer to Messianic Jews as being "Christians" so maybe you are a Messianic Gentile Christian or is it Christian Messianic Gentile?

Upvote 0