Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone has a mental disorder, it's called SIN. But pragmatically, most of us have some kind of psychological disfunction, such as ADHD, restlessness, some sensitivity (of hearing, sight, smell, etc.), allergies which cause mental disfunction, etc. Many have this to some degree, even if considered healthy. I have not been diagnosed, but I am definitely mentally hindered. We find ourselves in a less than ideal condition, and we have to deal with it by living our lives by faith in God, with a vision of eternal bliss.
TD:)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Has anyone here been diagnosed with a mental disorder? For those who have not, do you feel you might have one?
How about dementia (clinical, observable)
caused by de-hydration ? (one of the more common causes)

Or, likewise, daily repeatable confusion and disorientation caused by changes in blood sugar ? (again, also common)

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Paranoid Schizophrenia.

It's basically hell on earth, even medicated.

I'm just thankful to God that I'm still alive. 1 out of 10 schizophrenics commit suicide. (https://www.sharecare.com/health/schizophrenia/often-people-schizophrenia-commit-suicide)
A good majority of schizophrenics get mistreated by the justice system and never find a way out. Another good majority will be hospitalized for most of their lives. Another majority will have symptoms so bad that they can't function on their own. Most schizophrenics can't hold a job or go to school (I'm one in this category, I "live" off disability because I'm unable to work or go to school... and trust me when I say, that's a near impossible task). Social side effects, you're basically always alone socially because you never trust anyone and your social skills go downhill... Than there's the negative side effects from heavy medication... the list goes on.

My being here right now and typing is literally a miracle in itself. I can't even put it into words. God's real.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What didn't they test me on?
Almost no doctors until recently , since around 1950, test anyone for all the different deficiencies nutritionally.
Back when they did, or when they knew what to do and rendered their patients nutritional balance with changes in their diet, avoiding the toxins (today:like msg, milk(all dairy), refined flour, refined salt, refined sugar, high fructose and other sugar substitutes, soy(worst of all), radiation(relatively new concern), gmo, mercury, cadmium(cause of most hbp),
and a few dozen others) ,
and fortifying the immune system and overall system with supplements IF needed or helpful,
they had astonishing success at very minuscule costs
compared to TODAY'S rates that are often $3000/month with little hope of success.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You deserve so much better than this. :(
Thanks. At first I wondered if I was being punished and/or disciplined by God. But then the suffering kept going, and has been going on for many, many years. Now I pretty much know I'm not being punished or disciplined. I don't believe God's hand is that rough on people, especially his children which I believe myself to be. It says the wicked have no peace, but I don't believe I'm one of the wicked because I'll have moments of peace, and moments where I see God's grace and love - moments that I'm sure of, whether it be a a sunset or a sight in the sky, whether it be something simple for example last night I listened to the rain drop outside my window and felt very peaceful, things of that nature. Wicked people don't have those moments I don't believe, because scripture says they never have peace.

I don't know his reasons for allowing the suffering to happen. While my faith in Christianity sometimes sways and is weak at times, my faith/knowledge of God's goodness doesn't. I know God exists and I know God is good. I just hope to be worthy of experiencing his goodness eternally. I hope that everything will make sense.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I neither have a mental disorder, nor think that I have one.

Practicing Psychologists have that kind of mental disorder:D

I haven't been diagnosed with any, I never go to a shrink. But sometimes, I see things and I experience lapses like I sometimes perceive reality like a slideshow.

It's like skipping through time and you have absolutely no idea what happened in between the "skips" and I feel a little disoriented immediately after the "skips" which quickly dissipates.

I was driving one time it happened. I "skipped" and I suddenly found myself in different driving conditions. I wasn't anywhere near danger but nevertheless, it scared the skylights out of me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, what is it you are really looking for?

Why? Are you wondering if I have ill motives?

I'm not sure why I made the thread, I guess to better gage what everyone is going through around here. I have my own mental problems as well, and I'd like to see if I'm not exactly "alone" regarding my struggles.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking about the paradox in asking people their level of madness.

Well, I think often some rationality exists within most people and even those who are "mad" can exercise reasonable self awareness.

Upvote 0