1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men.... please don't...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Root of Jesse

Root of Jesse Unapologetically Catholic

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I've never been a fashionista. Never had the form to fit into Faded Glory's or the like. I only wear jeans when I'm out shopping on a weekend, and then more likely sweats. I've recently, in the last year or so, quit buying printed T-shirts, because they don't look good on older guys unless they're in denial about their age.

2. JBMM

JBMM Islander

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    CA-Liberals
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I wouldn't wear those jeans either. I just wear relaxed fit jeans - sometimes baggy. I guess it's just a fad. :)

3. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    LOL! Yes I did.

4. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Another peeve is when the pockets are not on the bum & they are half way down the thigh. Looks sloppy. Seen this on both men & women.

5. Kotton

Kotton Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    I like wearing western style jeans, Levi's, Lee, Wrangler,etc Been wearing something like that for over 60 years, don't intend to quit.
    My wife came home one day from Penny's with 'full leg comfortable cut' jeans, I made her take them back. :D

6. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    When I was in my 20's, I wore tight-fitting, "boot-cut" jeans and t-shirts. Along about the age of 35 or so, that eased into regular-cut jeans and sport-type shirts, always tucked in.

Now that I'm a fat old guy, I wear relaxed-fit jeans and extra-large sport shirts, always worn untucked; if it's winter, sweatshirts with a fishing vest over the top for the pockets to carry junk in.

I've come to a spirit of detante with my midriff bulge; I figure I'm 51 years old, I'm supposed to look this way. And the last time I went to the doc, I discovered that I'd lost 15 pounds, but it didn't seem to affect the bulge any.

I figure a man ought to know his limitations and not try to look like he did when he was 20 when he's old enough to join AARP.

Besides, you know a man's on the level if his bubble's in the middle. ;)

7. Humble Pie

Humble Pie Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    You need to rebuke your pot belly in Jesus name! Pot bellies put you at risk of diabetes, a terrible progressive disease that is incurable and can result in the loss of sight, limbs and the need to live on a restricted diet.
    :angel:

8. JacktheCatholic

JacktheCatholic Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic

Yep, they look like you have a wet diaper underneath. No one needs that much room. or are those another type?

Anyhow, I like the old standard cut and I think those are the Levi 501 (zipper) and 505 (button up). Not tight and not loose, just jeans.

9. Wolseley

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Well, as my old sergeant told us once, "Everybody's gotta die sometime."

I don't fear passing into the next world, that's the difference.

If I had to remain in this one for eternity, that would actually be pretty bad. :)

10. StThomasMore

StThomasMore Christian Democrat

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic

I say that a lot to myself. I personally would rather die sooner than later.

11. Humble Pie

Humble Pie Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    :sorry: Sorry I don't really expect you to rebuke a pot belly in Jesus' name. But I've seen what weight related illness can do to people. There has to be a better way to go.

12. MikeK

MikeK Explitive Deleted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Other way around (501s have the button fly) but yup, good jeans is good jeans.

I prefer the 501s because they're so easy to take off. Once they're broken in, a tug near the top button undoes all the buttons. I'm a man of action, I have no time for zippers!

13. Wolseley

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Hey, come on, I've lost eighteen pounds since Christmas.....whattaya want? ;)

14. Kotton

Kotton Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:
    I never believed that. At 50 I still wore 32 waist, had to go 34 in my 70's. Hope to lose a little to keep them comfortable. ;)

Kotton

15. Well; I usually ribbon my breeches along the sides wi' silver ribbons. Call it foppish if ye will; but the ladies expect a rum prancer to play the stylish macaroon!

16. Wolseley

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    English, Johnny, English.