Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stewie on Family Guy (yeah, I like Family Guy) once said to the family dog, Brian, "Hey, Brian, take me to Baby Gap I want to dress like a d0¥che."

. Something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using CF
Stewie nailed it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An
501s are Levi's traditional, hundred-some year old straight leg, regular cut, shrink-to-fit, button fly jean. They look like jeans should look and fit like jeans should fit. Drives the womenz crazy.
501's are the best. I love them. They look good on both sexes.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still think skinny jeans are the worst. You have to be a toothpick to pull them off...and depending on your "package," you might not even pull them up.

Ever see some guys wearing them whilst not having anorexic legs? They look like walking stuffed sausages!

Boot cut/slight baggy for me!
Skinny jeans are a flippin abomination. Especially on men.
:sick:

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO, as an old guy, the stuff that the younger crowd is wearing is what we considered "trailer trash" look. It is puzzling that people actually spend money on things we would have got for next to nothing and they pay quite a bit for it. To me... they have suckered people into buying garbage at prime prices.

Sanford and Son would be millionaires today. :D

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You all do understand skinny jeans came from the 80's and more than likely you all wore them. ^_^.

Baggy came in in the 90's. I mean seriously half way down your legs baggy pants.

Now it is both - its an 80/90 mix - or anything goes actually now.
O and the designer logos were also sported on tight jeans in the 80's - also embroidered. :D

Check it out on google if you dont believe me. AND I suspect your parents were saying the same thing. :D

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I got a parenting magazine in the mail yesterday, the boy on the cover about 7-9 years old was wearing skinny jeans, a cardigen an untucked shirt sun glasses and a styled hair cut, honestly I could not imagine dressing my little boy like that, it seemed so effeminate. If he wants to dress that way when he is older than I won't like it but it would be his choice, I mean little boys should not care what they look like unless it is a shirt with thir favorite sport, or cartoon character.

I know I am getting old because I feel this way, though. When my dad was a young man he had long blond hair and sometimes guys would cat call at his back only to be embarassed when he turned around with this mutton chops and confronted them in his deep masculine voice. My husband also had long hair as a teenager and the guys on on the posters on my wall when I was a teenager wore more hairspray and some of them more make than me and I defianately found them attractive, but when I see these young guys at the mall I wonder to myself do they know they look kind of gay? but to the young girls, just like those in my father's time and mine, I am sure they look just right.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fran - not recognizing gender from the rear view, lol a common problem. I always wait if not sure to see the front and hopefully breasts. :D Sometimes, rarely there is not any sure thing to tell. ^_^ Then I do not use any word denoting gender. :) I laugh here but then IMO it is sad and something wrong that so many do not look male. All right - all tomatoes thrown, direct them to the right please. --------------------------------->

Have a great day Fran and God bless. Oh, I agree with your post...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joshua G.

Mar 5, 2009
U.S.A.
✟5,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My kids wear it all - everything mentioned and loathed.

Just saying...

I dont mind them wearing the embroidery [my son has embroidered crosses on his pockets] and my oldest CAN do skinny jeans really well. Its what kids are wearing in High School. And i personally pick out the cross T's because they are totally awesome - and supposed to be a reminder of the CROSS.

Hey, you all know - as bad as fashion is in High School - if it is the fad - you do it - cos peer pressure and all that.
Every generation does that.

To see this on grown men - i dont think it would be so awesome.
Agreed. I look at the old long baggy jean shorts I wore in high school. How STUPID! But, whatever.

I have to say, though, men's short shorts (not speedo short, but normal 80s short) as "funny" as it may have looked to us for a time, they made sense. Shorts are menat to be short because we wear them so we aren't hot. I used to think that was so dumb looking and now, although I think they look a bit funny, I totally get that's just my bias because they make total sense (as long as they aren't tooooo short... they should cover... because we wear shorts both to keep cool AND because we don't want to wear underwear in public lol)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
the thing I really really cannot stand is the craze for very lowslung jeans , be they baggy or not , that despite being held on by a tight belts are in danger of slipping right down / off and their underwear is well and truly on display .

Argh

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How to Dress, by MikeK.

At work: 1 step more formal than what your peers wear.
At play: Solid color T's, Levi's 501s. No athletic shoes unless actively engaged in a sporting contest of some sort.

For a guy like me, an aging high school point guard type, woman's cut 501's are the greatest thing in the world.

(Women's cut because of extra room in the hips and the high ride of the waist.)

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
-Bruce-Springsteen-Born-In-The-U.S.A..jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.