Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...this look does not do you any favors.

Seriously. :sick:

I see guys wearing these embroidered pocket jeans... all ages.(Well infancy to 5 yr olds could pull it off....maybe) It just looks really goofy on a male body.

Trying too hard or something.

Shirts? Same thing.

*Rant over*

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well when you see grown men dressing in this attire... it's just kind of sad.

Wear regular Levis or whatever but leave the embroidery on the bum to the women.

And those cheesy shirts with the printed designs with the large crosses, etc.?

Seriously?

I put this on the list of fashion faux pas along with speedos.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Michie said:
Well when you see grown men dressing in this attire... it's just kind of sad.

Wear regular Levis or whatever but leave the embroidery on the bum to the women.

And those cheesy shirts with the printed designs with the large crosses, etc.?

Seriously?

I put this on the list of fashion faux pas along with speedos.

Stewie on Family Guy (yeah, I like Family Guy) once said to the family dog, Brian, "Hey, Brian, take me to Baby Gap I want to dress like a d0¥che."

. Something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I still think skinny jeans are the worst. You have to be a toothpick to pull them off...and depending on your "package," you might not even pull them up.

Ever see some guys wearing them whilst not having anorexic legs? They look like walking stuffed sausages!

Boot cut/slight baggy for me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I still think skinny jeans are the worst. You have to be a toothpick to pull them off...and depending on your "package," you might not even pull them up.

Ever see some guys wearing them whilst not having anorexic legs? They look like walking stuffed sausages!

Boot cut/slight baggy for me!

Skinny jeans are for Emo bois. :o I would like like Godzilla in those. I don't mind the baggy jeans but no floral designs.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What the heck is Levi's 501? I'm only familiar with two types of jeans... the ones that fit me and the ones that don't.
An
501s are Levi's traditional, hundred-some year old straight leg, regular cut, shrink-to-fit, button fly jean. They look like jeans should look and fit like jeans should fit. Drives the womenz crazy.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Skinny jeans are for Emo bois. :o I would like like Godzilla in those. I don't mind the baggy jeans but no floral designs.

I think they originated with the hipster crowd, and we have a lot of them here.:|

And the hip-hop crowd also have taken to them. They look downright goofy when they make them sag/try to make them baggy.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My kids wear it all - everything mentioned and loathed.

Just saying...

I dont mind them wearing the embroidery [my son has embroidered crosses on his pockets] and my oldest CAN do skinny jeans really well. Its what kids are wearing in High School. And i personally pick out the cross T's because they are totally awesome - and supposed to be a reminder of the CROSS.

Hey, you all know - as bad as fashion is in High School - if it is the fad - you do it - cos peer pressure and all that.
Every generation does that.

To see this on grown men - i dont think it would be so awesome.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
For those with young un's - pray the fashion when they are teens can be modest. I am so thankful my daughter sports cami's under everything - as all things are now made for that. And she is always dressed modestly including wearing them under the new flashback from 80's belly shirts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How to Dress, by MikeK.

At work: 1 step more formal than what your peers wear.
At play: Solid color T's, Levi's 501s. No athletic shoes unless actively engaged in a sporting contest of some sort.

Bless you !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:hug:

Upvote 0

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For those with young un's - pray the fashion when they are teens can be modest. I am so thankful my daughter sports cami's under everything - as all things are now made for that. And she is always dressed modestly including wearing them under the new flashback from 80's belly shirts.

Yep, 80's are making a come back in a lot ways {remember when I told you about the shoulder pads ... and you didn't believe me :p .... Just not as huge and severe}

Saw on the Fashion Segments on the Today show and a couple of others ... been seeing it out here for a while.

Oh, wooohooo .... It ALL comes back around again !!!!!! ;)

:hug: :hug:

Praying for more conservative dress and hemlines that are not up to their "you know what" .... :crossrc:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Are you kidding FA - short skirts are always in. Are still in and probably until the Second Coming will remain in.
I think they are the product of the 60's that just wont go away. :sigh:

Yah i have seen shoulder pads - but i dont think they will be as popular as they were in the 80's.

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...this look does not do you any favors.

Seriously. :sick:

I see guys wearing these embroidered pocket jeans... all ages.(Well infancy to 5 yr olds could pull it off....maybe) It just looks really goofy on a male body.

Trying too hard or something.

Shirts? Same thing.

*Rant over*

or those tight "emo" jeans with the sparkly belt, lol

Personally I'm a traditional type. Pants and button shirt for men, long dress for women. Short skirts and cut off shirts, butt hugging jeans, shorts are immodest in my view, like many saints a theologians have stated in the past.

"...Now, observe, my daughter, the contrast between the luxurious dress of many women, and the raiment and adornments of Jesus... Tell me: what relation do their fine shoes bear to the spikes in Jesus' Feet? The rings on their hands to the nails which perforated His? The fashionable coiffure to the Crown of Thorns? The painted face to That covered with bruises? Shoulders exposed by the low-cut gown to His, all striped with Blood? Ah, but there is a marked likeness between these worldly women and the Jews who, incited by the Devil, scourged Our Lord! At the hour of such a women's death, I think Jesus will be heard saying: 'Cujus est imago haec... of whom is she the image?' And the reply will be: 'Demonii... of the Devil!' Then He will say: 'Let her who has followed the Devil's fashions be handed over to him; and to God, those who have imitated the modesty of Jesus and Mary'." - St. Anthony Mary Claret

Is it a sin to wear shorts, strapless dresses, short skirts, pants, modern swimwear, etc.? These questions continue to disturb even so-called conservative Catholics almost a century after the disrobing trend began in feminine attire at the close of the First World War. True traditional Catholics, mindful of the virtues of Christian modesty and purity, refuse to be stampeded by "the crowd" into accepting the hedonistic fashions. They know that the Blessed Virgin Mary will never approve of these pagan styles which are so contrary to Christian tradition on modesty.
Our Blessed Mother knew in advance the moral havoc that would follow the introduction of these unholy fashions. This is why she came personally at Fatima in 1917 to forewarn us. At the same time she gave the answer in advance to the question, "Is it a sin to follow these fashions?" To little Jacinta, aged seven, Our Lady entrusted this prophecy, which embodies her theology on the modern fashions: "Certain fashions will be introduced that will offend Our Lord very much." - Rev. Father Bernard Kunkel

"How many young girls there are who do not see any wrongdoing in following certain shameless styles like so many sheep. They certainly would blush if they could guess the impression they make and the feeling they evoke in those who see them. Do they not see the harm resulting from excess in certain gymnastic exercises and sports not suitable for virtuous girls? What sins are committed or provoked by conversations which are too free, by immodest shows, by dangerous reading. How lax have consciences become, how pagan morals!" - Pope Pius XII

Last edited:
Upvote 0