Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tried "Remember-fx" awhile back ...
http://www.remember-fx.com/
By the same people that make that "Cold-fx" pill thats supposed to help you not get sick in the wintertime.

I personally didn't notice any difference while I was taking the "Remember-fx" pills. (Ironically I would occasionally forget to take them ... which itself is evidence that they weren't working all that great I guess :D) But, this was only one particular pill, and I can't say whether it or another pill will work for someone else ... but c'mon ppl, just study a little more instead of poppin (probably placebo) pills :)

Upvote 0

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Any effect is probably just a placebo effect anyway! ;)

If the pill is altering how you process information, it may induce something known as state-based learning, where you can only remember the information learned in the altered state when you are in that same state. (This seems to be why a person who was studying while high will actually perform better on a test if they're high in class for the test!)

Upvote 0

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the pill is altering how you process information, it may induce something known as state-based learning, where you can only remember the information learned in the altered state when you are in that same state. (This seems to be why a person who was studying while high will actually perform better on a test if they're high in class for the test!)

That's true as well. This, by the way, is a good exam tip: If your exam/test is taken in the same room where your classes are, try to always sit in the same seat (or same general area) in the classroom, and make sure to sit there for the exam too. :)

Upvote 0

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Another one -- repetition is not the best way to learn and remember something! The best way to remember something (according to my Cognition class) is to learn as much of the surrounding context of something and as much detail about it was possible (i.e., the background information and depth of the subject) so that you learn how what you're studying relates to other things.
It also often helps to relate things back to yourself, since we tend to remember things about ourselves best! (thank you, Social Psych, lol... what I would I do without psych classes?)

Upvote 0

alphacheese

If God brings u to it, He will bring u through it
Jun 7, 2007
Montana!
✟21,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another one -- repetition is not the best way to learn and remember something! The best way to remember something (according to my Cognition class) is to learn as much of the surrounding context of something and as much detail about it was possible (i.e., the background information and depth of the subject) so that you learn how what you're studying relates to other things.
It also often helps to relate things back to yourself, since we tend to remember things about ourselves best! (thank you, Social Psych, lol... what I would I do without psych classes?)

I totaly agree with this. Make the information your own. This might not work ineh some areas, but class subjects that interst you do a some outside reading on the topic and you'll remember it a lot better that way.

I'm not much for that hocus pocus stuff... But it seems today somebody has just the pill anyone could be looking for

Upvote 0