Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
This is obviously the wrong board to ask for technical help, but so far I have failed elsewhere. I’ve asked two mods for help without any results.

The problem….

CF member ThomasDa has contacted me via my home e-mail address. For over a week now he has been unable to post or send PM’s on CF.

Here is what he has told me…..

Hi Gary. I don't know what's wrong but I can't post on Christian Forums any more. The notes at the bottom of the page say that I can but I can't.

This is the message I get every time I try to post or PM.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

Hey Gary. I just thought I'd tell you that all signs on CF say I can post and PM, but I can't do either.
The bottom of the page shows this as if everything is ok.

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#6c6c6c][FONT=Arial][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]HTML code is Off[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Can anyone help the guy get up and running again.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks in advance.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]There may be a tech problem with His feed. He may have to go to the home page of CF first to get on to His feeds. Have him try that and if to no avail he may have to delete his feed first then go to the Home page.. [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

[COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks guys.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I can tell you that ThomasDa is able to view, and is watching this thread. If any of the solutions work he will be able to post here. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I guess until we see a post from him we can assume he is still stuck.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Hi Thomas! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Look forward to seeing you soon [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Is he posting including a quote...cos I had the problem when doing that...if I posted within the quote I'd get the same message as him. So if that happens, I put a full stop after the the Quote bit at the end of the whole message, and then I can post it..don't know if that makes sense, cant explain very well what I mean. [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It might help to try dumping history and cookies.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]For internet explorer go to Tools/Internet options and cleck the delete button to delete temporary files, hostory and cookies. Then shut down I.E. and reboot the machine. Log back into CF and see if that will get you back in and working. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/FONT]

[COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]He can go to the Contact Us link at the bottom, which will just be an email link to the advisors, who can pass on the information to the tech guys. But he might have to copy and paste from a word program in order for it to work. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]__________________[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]

[/FONT]

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Thomas still cannot post.

This thread needs to be theological in order to stop mods moving it to a place were few people go.

So, is it our Christian duty to help our brother Thomas from the depth of silience?

How do we know that Satan is not trying to silence our brother?

Lets pray that a solution is found that will enable our brother Thomas to once again join us in sharing God's Holy word.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Instead of assuming that Satan is trying to silence him, maybe God wants Him to enjoy some time away from the forum and get more into His word. Quit trying to make people guilty. If we don't have the answers or a suggestion then we aren't going to give our opinions.
Why would God want to force Thomas to be silent?

And I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty. That thought never entered my head. Why did it enter yours.?

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
No one is forcing anyone to be silent. He can't get it, it will be fixed, he just have to find the right solution. It does not necessarily mean he is being "forced" to be silent. Because he could make a new username and maybe start posting then. It could mean that he can take an opportunity to be away from the forum and just focus on the word of God.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No one is forcing anyone to be silent. He can't get it, it will be fixed, he just have to find the right solution. It does not necessarily mean he is being "forced" to be silent. Because he could make a new username and maybe start posting then. It could mean that he can take an opportunity to be away from the forum and just focus on the word of God.

What proof do you have that Satan is not behind his silence?

And yes, I saw him too in the active window. He's reading your posts but he can't respond.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.