Melissa Joan Hart wants to talk about religion and politics

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOS ANGELES – Melissa Joan Hart, the lovable star of sitcoms like “Clarissa Explains It All” and “Sabrina the Teenage Witch,” is headed to the big screen with her newest movie “God’s Not Dead 2.”

The mom of three told FOX411 how faith and politics are subjects that we can’t shy away from.

“You can’t cower away from certain things,” she said. “I feel like a lot of people don’t like the controversy. They don’t like to discuss [religion]. They don’t like to debate; I love that stuff. If it wasn't for the fact that my family was under a close scrutiny I would probably want to run for [political office] someday or something. I am always the one at dinner parties where people are like ‘don't talk about religion or politics’ and I’m like ‘can we please talk about religion or politics?’ I love debating and I love hearing other perspectives on everything.”

The 39-year-old star also teaches the importance of prayer to her sons as she herself learns more about her faith from her Bible study.

“I think [prayer is] really important; I just read recently a scientific study on prayer how people that do pray and pray avidly tend to have more peace of mind,” she said. “I always believed in God… I always understood Jesus and believed in him but then questioned a lot about Jesus. I finally realized I do believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. But recently I discovered the Holy Spirit and I think it’s so funny now when people find this ‘meditation’— which I think is prayer— they think they have an intuition and I’m like that’s The Holy Spirit!”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rt-wants-to-talk-about-religion-and-politics/

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I also love debating and discussing controversial topics.

That is one of the reasons why I love this type of forum.
I guess, 60% of the stuff I'd like to debate here would probably get me banned. Lol.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From reading her tweets she seems to be a pretty cool chick. She's apparently fine with downing a few beers and isn't squeamish enough not to post some mild language.

I'd rather hang out with her, than many atheistic sjw chicks I come across.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a special forum here.... entitled "Controversial Theology" or something like that.

I will see if I can find it......

Here is one that I began there....

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-being-of-light-of-nde-fame-g-d-or-satan.7933912/

Too bad I can't post there. I do have some interesting.. opinions about the origins/spread of Christianity and some Christian thought. Which, I'm surprised isn't talked about in the more atheist circles I hang around in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums