Meditations?

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
OK. It is a bit dark in my bedroom right now so might have. A job reading it but will try. My thoughts went all over the place. Hope you are open to it.

To give some background I as sitting outside a very ancient isolated country Church in England (dates from Saxon times, (so, 10 hundreds)l. Surrounded by ancient yew trees, oak trees etc. Was VERY windly. All ancient Churches in England have. Bell ir two or three. This Church has two. They are ancient bells. They called the people to orater, announced deaths, etc. So many rings for a man, woman or child. Would sound out loud and clear over the fields. Sounded out the Angelus and everyone working in the fields would bow their heads and say the Angelus. The bell has been called the Voice of God. But my meditation went all over the place LOL. Will post this then type it in. which might take some time cos of my blindness,

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As I sit here, feeling in some mystical way, a connection with the ancient past, i can almost hear the bell. In times past it sounded out loud and clear over all the fields - for miles around. It has been called the Voice of God, and surely it is, with its plaintive tone. I hear it calling people to prayer , to Mass, announcing deaths. So many for a man, so many for a woman, so many for a child. I hear it sounding out the Angelus four times a day, and I see stooped figures in the fields, bowing their heads, resting on their implements.

The bell is so clear, but where else do we hear the Voice God? The bell was man made, many many years ago , and there were not always bells. How do we know the Voice of God?

Over the centuries things have changed. The ways we live have changed. We work differently, at different things. We dress differently. We live differently, in different kinds of places. We eat differently. Mi am thinking thousands of years back, even before. Christ. Neolithic man. Stone Age man. God was still present in the world then. How could. His Voice be heard?

What is the same about humankind then as is now? What was the same in the world then as is now? For God, being what He is, eternal, must have been able to be heard then, too.

Nature was the same then. As I sit here I can hear the birds. If I could see, which I cannot, I would be able to see the trees and the flowers. And in those things I would be able to know the wonder and the. glory of nature - God's Creation. Something in it speaks deep to my heart . That has not and cannot change through time. It cannot be affected by the passage of time.

I hear the wind roaring now. It picks up speed. I can no longer hear the birds. But within that roar, which will eventually die down, there is silence - within which is the Voice of God.

So many voices are all around me. Insistent voices. People expressing their opinions, saying things like they are right. They believe in this, they believe in that. I do it this way, I do it that way. The elevation of self. Amid the chattering, what is the Voice of God saying? What is the One Thing that He is saying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So many voices are all around me. Insistent voices. People expressing their opinions, saying things like they are right. They believe in this, they believe in that. I do it this way, I do it that way. The elevation of self. Amid the chattering, what is the Voice of God saying? What is the One Thing that He is saying?
powerful writing angelica

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
angelica, if I can just go off topic here. I noticed you giving assistance to someone on an OBOB thread about struggling with their faith, having doubts. I'd like to discuss that here and will make another thread.

Upvote 0