Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's Promoting Homosexual Agenda

Discussion in 'Debates on Homosexuality - Archived' started by Editorialist, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carey

Carey Contributor

Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    No it is your theory that people are born gay.

People are not born gay or born adulterers.

2. Candide

Candide Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Here Carey, I'll ask my questions again.

Soo..,your entire argument is that God calls homosexuals detestable, and he doesn't make detestable people?

Where does God say that homosexuality is detestable? I know where he says homosexual sex is detestable, but I've never seen in the Bible anywhere him saying that homosexuals in general are detestable. Are you choosing, right now, to be heterosexual? Is that what you're saying? Because I'm pretty sure that I'm not. I simply can't help it.

By the way, calling people names doesn't really help the discourse and discussion. Or your argument, for that matter.

3. Carey

Carey Contributor

Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational

There is no such thing as a homsexual person only rebellious sinful people who happen to enjoy the detestable act of engageing inthe detestable sin of homosexual acts.

4. cheese007

cheese007 Regular Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    That explains all those homosexuals in loving, committed relationships!

5. KCKID

KCKID New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Sorry ...the above speaks volumes about you, Carey. Your comments have NOTHING to do with the Bible ...now, do they? Why don't you come clean and confess that it's YOU who hates homosexuals and that you simply use the scriptures to support your own prejudice regarding this issue ...? I for one would have more respect for you in regard to your honesty anyway.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you were to respond to my post #140.

6. Candide

Candide Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Carey, can you provide reasoning for what you just said? And back it up with either scientific evidence, or scripture (both would be preferable)?

That'd be greatly appreciated.

7. LightHorseman

LightHorseman New Member Supporter

Politics:
    AU-Liberals
    Faith:
    Catholic
    are you going making reasonable requests? Thats hardly fair

8. Texas Lynn

Texas Lynn New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    You're confusing those mired in agressive behavior with the facts.

9. Candide

Candide Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope you are.

10. KCKID

KCKID New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I think he is ...I hope . . .

11. Texas Lynn

Texas Lynn New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    The assertion is without basis. Characteristics are predetermined.

The construction is typical of Carey's cruel style: notice he compares to be "gay" --to love another---with to be an "adulterer" ---generally a net negative. This is a most unfortunate construction for which he should surely be ashamed.

The Religious Right excuses heterosexual adultery routinely. The pews of its churches are filled with the gluteus maximi of heterosexuals on their second, third, or subsequent marriages, some which hold church office. These people nod in agreement when hate speech invective from the pulpit against LGBTs is spewed. The Religious Right aligns itself with divorced and remarried politicians from Reagan to McCain.

Discussion of "causes" of homosexuality beg the question. The "causes" are an irrelevancy. All should be treated as persons of dignity and worth. The religious right seeks social approval to not do this to LGBTs.

12. IamRedeemed

IamRedeemed Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    In Christ there is no "religious right" or "religious left", there are only those who are
    in agreement with God, His will and His Word (right) and those who are not (wrong).

Jesus said, "
    Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it. " Matthew 7:13-14

There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
    Proverbs 14:12 and Proverbs 16:25

13. Phinehas2

Phinehas2 Guest

Dear Candide,
    How can Carey give scientific evidence for something that doesnt exist? In reality there is no such thing as a homosexual person, it means a person who has same-sex attraction. the dictionary definition give homosexual as having homosexual attraction.
    Next, there is no consensus of agreement in the scientific community that a person is physically or genetically homosexual.
    So instead of asking Carey, I am asking you to provide some scientific evidence for homosexual (some that hasnt been challenged or refuted by the scientific community)
    and that would be much appreciated.

14. Texas Lynn

Texas Lynn New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    By this logic there's no such thing as a Christian either.

15. KCKID

KCKID New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Those who are in agreement with God, His Will and His Word ...you persistently bandy these words around as if they actually mean something deep and meaningful to you. What are we supposed to be in agreement with God about ...racism? genocide? murder? rape? destruction? What?

16. Candide

Candide Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I don't need to supply evidence, since I'm not the one making the egregious claim. The burden of proof is on Carey, since she's the one saying that absolutely nobody is borne with an attraction to the same sex. I asked for evidence for that claim. How am I being unreasonable?

If I claim that I am God, you can't ever prove that I am not (it's scientifically impossible to prove a negative), thus, the burden of proof is on me. If I want you to believe that I am God, I have to show you evidence to support that. This is the exact same thing. Carey is making a claim, for which she can offer no proof. As such, I don't have much of a reason to believe her. Logically, if she wants people to believe her, she should provide evidence to support her claim that every homosexual person in choosing to be so. That's how logic works.

Further, you just proved my point. There is no evidence, one way or another, or rather, there's much evidence on both side. Thus, it's silly to just assume that "God doesn't create gay people." Especially considering the fact that most heterosexual people will admit that they're not able to choose who they themselves are attracted to. I see no reason to assume that this isn't the case with homosexuals.

17. Phinehas2

Phinehas2 Guest

Dear Texas Lynn,
    You mean there is no such thing as a Christian person as in born a Christian. yes I agree, so there isn’t such a thing as a gay Christian either based on that logic, yet some here seem to be claiming there is. Certainly there are people who have identity in same-sex attraction (gay) and people who have their identity in Christ (Christian)

18. Texas Lynn

Texas Lynn New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    No, that is not what I said. There are plenty of LGBT Christians who are having sex with their sweethearts right now.

19. IamRedeemed

IamRedeemed Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    And are therefore actively engaging in sin.
    and further, the Word of God says sinning against their own bodies.

1 Corinthians 6:18 "
    Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the
    body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body."

20. Candide

Candide Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Phinehas, care to address my points?