Dec 15, 2007
✟15,518.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
1) You don't like what the Bible says, so you write your own.

2) You want to change your life so you use your new Bible to say you don't need to.

3) Though you claim to be tolerant you stalk, harass, and even attack anyone who disagrees with you showing that your motive is hate and not love. How intolerant is that?

4) Finally when someone says that for all of this and so much more a just God will judge you you call them haters and accuse them of inciting terror.
And you accused me of creating a strawman.
EDIT: And now you're ignoring me. How amusing.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
You've failed to convince me, Carey. I suggest you to look at scientific facts, concerning this matter.

People simply don't chose who they are or aren't romantically attracted to. Why are you so sure this is a choice? Why is it so important to you? If our Biblical interpretations don't line up with science, it's the interpretations we need to change, not the science.

NO science is constantly proving itself wrong but the BIble has never been proven wrong.

Like I said before serial killers could simply kill everyone they see but they choose specific types.

Just Like I am usually physically attracted to short small blue eyed blondes between size 1 and size 3 .

I dont know why I dont like tall brunetts I guess because opposites attract?? LOL

But I can choose a darker haired woman and have . Even though I am not a sexually attracted to her I chose her because of her love for God and the Bible.

Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,358.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course science is always proving itself wrong...that's the point of it.

And I never said that science proves the Bible wrong. Simply that it proves some of our Biblical interpretations wrong. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that people aren't borne gay. That's your interpretation, but it's not "the Bible". If science proves our interpretation wrong, we need to change our interpretation. That seems pretty simple. And science hasn't proven one way or another...but there's simply no logical, rational reason to believe that all people chose to be gay. That's just ignorance.

Secondly, you just proved my point. You don't chose who you're attracted to. You chose who you want to have a relationship with, but you can't chose who you are naturally attracted to.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
That is probably why serial killers dont just kill everyone they see and can.^_^

They were born with an instinct to kill only people they are attracted to killing...hahahhaha
:doh:

Erm...right.

That's a bizarre comparison, and one that totally fails to make any sense at all.

So, anyway - got any data to support the idea that people choose who to be attracted to?

David.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Like I said before serial killers could simply kill everyone they see but they choose specific types.

Killing people is a specific action that certain people choose.

Being attracted to people is not an action, and it's not something that people choose.

So no, there really is no comparison.

David.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
The wrath of God is written in the Bible.

So is His mercy and compassion and grace.

The place that the homosexual agenda has on the humanist radar is a sign to real Christians that God's judgment is shortly to be revealed.

And this "homosexual agenda" is what, exactly?

David.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
hahahaha

Noone is born a thief , cheater or Gay.:doh:

People choose to steal.

People choose to cheat on their spouse.

People choose to engage in homosexual activity.

Anyone who cannot understand this has a intellectual handicap.

But I would venture to say everyone understands this but some are stubborn and do not want to admit it.

Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,358.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Carey, are you listening to us?

All you're doing is saying "nu-uh!", and that's not accomplishing anything. So I'll ask again, very clear. What has led you to believe that every homosexual is choosing to be so? What evidence do you have to support this?

Do you understand what we are saying? We're saying that people obviously choose how to act, but they don't choose who they are attracted to (which YOU admitted!). There is no scientific evidence saying that people choose who they are attracted to...so why are you so sure that people choose to be attracted to people of the same sex?

And thanks for addressing my other points, as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know of nobody, homosexual or otherwise, who's ever chosen who to be attracted to.

So I doubt that homosexuality is a choice.

The assertion is merely rhetoric, a code-speak by one who has negative emotions toward LGBTs to seek to denigrate them. The whole diversion into "causes of homosexuality" is merely an admission of being stymied while at the sime time being full of beans and full of hatred.

Sexual Orientation is a status; to assume there is a "cause" for one over another is merely another rhetorical exercise. We don't know what causes heterosexuality either; it's just there's not a large faction seeking to denigrate those of that orientation.

What they are really saying is All right thinking people know to be homosexual is to be low-down, dirty, and disgusting; those who are that way CHOOSE to be that way because they want to. I hate these individuals and seek to denigrate them and will stop at nothing in that effort. That's all.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And shortly thereafter will come the judgment of the earth
we have been warning folks about, so enjoy your abomination parade while it lasts.

Here's where the rubber meets the road. This is what it's all about.

The smugness and hubris in the quoted post is so ironic as to cause one to sigh.

To some, to be a Christian means a joy of being one who's going to hebbin. To others, that joy is superceded by a joy that certain others are not.

And they think they know what's "abominable" and what's not.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
McDonalds and any other company that allies itself with sin buy actively promoting false teachers is storing up wrath for the day of judgment. Just so our terroristic fear-mongering dead ender haters don't misunderstand, Christians are preaching the way out of sin, they are not persecuting people when they stand against sin. But God will judge the Earth because of sin.

'Yet once more I will shake the heavens and the earth.'

Don't be left behind.

And here again we see the true colors: What is more of an ultimate terrorism than the threat of a "hell"? And there we see what it's all about.

A "god" who would dare to send people to a "hell" for loving others would only be a being of the most unspeakable evil, that is clear. What however does that make those who would follow such an evil god?

Such a god is not what the Message of Christ is about. The radid hatemongers of teh gey are certainly not the first to employ such rhetoric.

Reactions: gwdboi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The wrath of God is written in the Bible.

Trying to invoke it against every group one dislikes is not to speak for the diety.

The place that the homosexual agenda has on the humanist radar is a sign to real Christians that God's judgment is shortly to be revealed.

Talk about buzz words on top of buzz words. And they say we have an agenda.

I am amazed at the arguments that some of you are making and still claiming to be Christian.

Maybe putting the Love of Christ at a higher priority than religious right ideological fervor might help.

You don't like what the Bible says, so you write your own.

You mean like those who seek to deny healthcare and child custody to LGBT Americans, positing a Bible in which hatred has primacy?

I have not even mentioned the ugly underbelly of the LGBT movement

Baiting, baiting.... Perhaps once Elizabeth Birch dropped a candy wrapper on the floor or Joe Solomonese forgot to pay a parking ticket I guess.

I hope you are all tough enough to handle the wrath of God which your sins and so called tolerance are quickly bringing upon you.

Here we go again.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Carey, are you listening to us?

All you're doing is saying "nu-uh!", and that's not accomplishing anything. So I'll ask again, very clear. What has led you to believe that every homosexual is choosing to be so? What evidence do you have to support this?

Do you understand what we are saying? We're saying that people obviously choose how to act, but they don't choose who they are attracted to (which YOU admitted!). There is no scientific evidence saying that people choose who they are attracted to...so why are you so sure that people choose to be attracted to people of the same sex?

And thanks for addressing my other points, as well.

Because the Bible says it is detestable.

God did not give mankind a detestable nature.

Satan influences us all to sin. And homsexuality is a sin God defines as detestable puting a greater haterd for that sin tna most other sins by definition.

Little children may choose to be interseted in each other sexual organs and do actually at times touch them even if they are the same sex. Not because they are romantically interested but are only intersted in the stimulation caused from the physical contact to the nerve endings in those parts of the body.

The emotional romantic attraction has nothing to do with sex.

The attraction to and love of friends of both sexes is different from sexual; attraction.

And honestly unless a person is not balanced sex is purely physical and could be as stimulating to the nerve endings with and animal that is why some people engage in beastialty.

Homosexual behavior is purely a choice and noone is born with a romantic or emotional attraction to any gender. It is learned and a choice.

This is fact and anyone with an ouce of common sense knows it.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
...noone is born with a romantic or emotional attraction to any gender. It is learned and a choice.

That may be your belief, but my experience is that I've never either learned or chosen who to be attracted to, and nor has anyone else that I know.

As far as gay men and women are concerned, I find it very difficult to believe that they would deliberately choose to be attracted to people of the same gender as themselves. Many testimonies I've heard and read from gay men and women tell of realising, normally at some point in their mid-teens, that they're attracted to people of the same gender as themselves, and often being in family situations where to be open and honest about this would have led (and sometimes did lead) to unpleasant reactions from family members who were, if not outright homophobic, at least not ready to accept that their children were in any different from the societal norm. And although society as a whole has become more accepting of gay people over the past couple of decades, there have always been elements of society who have been hostile towards gay men and women. Do you honestly believe, if such attraction is "learned and a choice", that people would deliberately choose to go down such a difficult path instead of taking the easier option?

David.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the Bible says it is detestable.

WHAT - precisely - does the Bible say is detestable? What is 'it'?

God did not give mankind a detestable nature.

So, who told you He did ...or didn't? Is a 'detestable nature' the issue we're supposed to be debating? You're the only one so far to have even brought up the matter of 'detestable nature.' Why?

Satan influences us all to sin. And homsexuality is a sin God defines as detestable puting a greater haterd for that sin tna most other sins by definition.

Baloney! That is a lie! EVERY sin you commit - Yes YOU, Carey - is detestable to God according to the scriptures. All sin carries the same weight. The very LIE you told in the above sentence is an ABOMINATION to God. God DETESTS 'lying lips' or, in this case, 'lying type' (Proverbs 12:22). :)

Little children may choose to be interseted in each other sexual organs and do actually at times touch them even if they are the same sex. Not because they are romantically interested but are only intersted in the stimulation caused from the physical contact to the nerve endings in those parts of the body.

And when they do so any number of Christian parents might well 'throw a mental' and tell them that they risk punishment from a very angry Jesus if they do such a dirty thing again. Homophobia in parents starts when the kids are very young. I'm not sure if this is innate or learned behavior. :)

The emotional romantic attraction has nothing to do with sex.

Nice. Do you have a point?

The attraction to and love of friends of both sexes is different from sexual; attraction.

And . . .?

And honestly unless a person is not balanced sex is purely physical and could be as stimulating to the nerve endings with and animal that is why some people engage in beastialty.

Homosexual behavior is purely a choice and noone is born with a romantic or emotional attraction to any gender. It is learned and a choice.

The orientation of a homosexual is innate just as the orientation of a heterosexual is innate. When both come 'of age' they become attracted to those of the gender their innate orientation determines. This is 'natural' for either or both orientations. Why is this so difficult for you to accept? Moreover, why is this such a problem for you?

This is fact and anyone with an ouce of common sense knows it.

Well, I can assure you that I do have common sense and I also have a university degree (Social Science) to boot (whoopee-do). :p The truth is that you are not presenting the facts at all about homosexuality. So, no common sense is required at all for what you're selling. You're simply pushing your own agenda (prejudice) on the pretext that the one or two 'cherished' scriptures of the 'anti-gays' say what you want them to say. It's the same old story. :yawn:

Yes, like heterosexuals, homosexuals can choose to 'sin'. But their sexual orientation is not THE sin ...comprende?

Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,358.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Soo..,your entire argument is that God calls homosexuals detestable, and he doesn't make detestable people?

Where does God say that homosexuality is detestable? I know where he says homosexual sex is detestable, but I've never seen in the Bible anywhere him saying that homosexuals in general are detestable. Perhaps you need to re-think your argument, so you can be more in-line with reality. Are you choosing, right now, to be heterosexual? Is that what you're saying? Because I'm pretty sure that I'm not. I simply can't help it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.