Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
McDonald's restaurants in Sweden have been accused of re-dating old food that should have been thrown out, according to a report on Sveriges Television.

The "Dokument Inifrån" programme discovered the practice by keeping tabs on chicken salads at a McDonalds restaurant. The same salads were sold a day later with a new date stamp. The practice breaks McDonalds’ pledge to only sell fresh food.

"I won't use bad language, but this makes me really, really cross, because this is completely unacceptable," said Lotta Björk, personnel director for McDonald's Sweden.

"When our guests come to us, part of our purpose is to sell warm, tasty food speedily to our guests, and that’s what you should be able to expect as a guest."

The documentary, to be broadcast on Sunday, also shows that burgers are sometimes left on the hot plate longer than the permitted ten minutes.

Frida Berg, press spokeswoman for McDonalds, said she couldn't comment on the findings as she had not seen the programme.

McDonald's accused of selling old food - The Local

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's the hamburglar's fault
hamburglar.jpg

Upvote 0

BarrySoetoro

May 14, 2010
✟432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I worked at Rotten Ronnie's, but their food is known to be disposable; nobody throws out stale food faster than McDonald's. At the end of each day, a hip-high trash can full of crusty sandwiches are counted and discarded.

You'd have to be homeless and starving to want to eat that 'food.' I never once seen any staff desperate enough to dig into that scary waste bin.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Not as bad as Capt.D's, where I had a gotten some chicken one Saturday morning, and the chicken was seared on the outside (and looked cooked), but raw on the inside. Not undercooked, raw!

Biting into raw chicken is one of those things that you don't want to do twice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums