Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we went to a fair, flat tax and ended the insane tax code...along with the marriage issues...the gay marriage issue would be moot.

If you read the article you should see a statement that indicates that John McCain does not force people in his family to agree with him. This actually speaks rather well for him.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If we went to a fair, flat tax and ended the insane tax code...along with the marriage issues...the gay marriage issue would be moot.

If you read the article you should see a statement that indicates that John McCain does not force people in his family to agree with him. This actually speaks rather well for him.

There are other benefits conferred by marriage besides tax. Can you name a few?

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are other benefits conferred by marriage besides tax. Can you name a few?

none that are in the realm of government influence, or at least they should not be. There are ways to procide insurance and financial security for people without a marriage license being inviolved.

There is nothing keeping people from engaging in sex or "falling in love".

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

none that are in the realm of government influence, or at least they should not be. There are ways to procide insurance and financial security for people without a marriage license being inviolved.

Do you agree that marriage promotes monogamy? If so, then why do you not want gay couples to be able to get married, since that would discourage them from having casual sex?

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Really, immigration should not fall under the realm of government influence?

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe he meant that being married to a non-citizen should not, in any way, help her/his chances of becoming a citizen?

So you believe if a citizen marries a non-citizen, they should not be able to live together in the United States?

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
So you believe if a citizen marries a non-citizen, they should not be able to live together in the United States?

What makes you think that? I was only giving another possibility of what he meant. I never said I agreed or disagreed with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But that's the consequence of your suggestion for his meaning. Which is why I asked my original question to him.

Really, immigration should not fall under the realm of government influence?

He claimed that no marital benefits that could be granted should be under the realm of government influence. Applying for permanent residency for a non-citizen spouse is a marital benefit. So I am verifying with him that he believes this (immigration) should not be under the realm of government influence as well.

My guess is he hadn't actually considered this benefit, though I'd be satisfied with him claiming that the government really shouldn't have anything to do with immigration as well, which I consider a pretty bold statement to make.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

Nice. NO H8 on their faces. As if not agreeing with homosexuality or the right to normalize the behavior is hateful...
Either you are for the gays or you are HATEFUL. Nice.

Color me hateful.
Let's see...you don't want gays to have the same rights as straights do, even though being gay isn't a choice (which means that there isn't anything that gays can do in order to gain the rights they so sorely want). Plus, you're trying to make it seem like "gay behavior" is somehow different from "straight behavior," and like "gay behavior" is somehow worse than "straight behavior" is. Now, tell me, how exactly aren't you being hateful? And why are you okay with being hateful, when hatred only makes this world worse than it already is, and when Jesus himself says that hatred is wrong?

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's see...you don't want gays to have the same rights as straights do, even though being gay isn't a choice (which means that there isn't anything that gays can do in order to gain the rights they so sorely want).
debatable.

Plus, you're trying to make it seem like "gay behavior" is somehow different from "straight behavior," and like "gay behavior" is somehow worse than "straight behavior" is.

Gay-Pride-Parade.jpg

Now, tell me, how exactly aren't you being hateful? And why are you okay with being hateful, when hatred only makes this world worse than it already is, and when Jesus himself says that hatred is wrong?

God says homosexuality is an abomination. I refuse to accept the normalization of this behavior.

Hate the sin- not the sinner.

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

debatable.
No, not debatable, since the large majority of gay people didn't ever choose to be that way. I mean, did you ever choose not to be gay? I doubt it. So why do you think that gay people chose to be gay?

[Risque image that I'm pretty sure goes against the CF rules, so I won't repost it.]
Since when do all gays act like that?

God says homosexuality is an abomination. I refuse to accept the normalization of this behavior.

So your hatred is okay simply because the Bible says it's okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God also said you should put to death both the man who sleeps with a married woman as well as the married woman. Why do you accept the normalization of this behavior? Why do you pick and choose?

Upvote 0