maybe I should put this in my blog rather than here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
The sun is shining here today yay :)

God is awesome! Just felt like saying that :)

I read something about how we have the river of life in us and no matter how small measure it flows through our lives our to others it still is there and it comes from the Source and when a river hits an obstacle it finds a way through, around, etc.
God is very powerful.

I thought that was cool

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You know, I've never thought about the scripture that talks about rivers of living water in that respect. It is so good to know that, even in the times when I feel like that river has dried up to a trickle, there still is a flow. I just have to wait for more of Him to fill the riverbed.

Upvote 0

Redwood

Oct 17, 2008
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I read something about how we have the river of life in us and no matter how small measure it flows through our lives our to others it still is there and it comes from the Source and when a river hits an obstacle it finds a way through, around, etc.
God is very powerful.

I thought that was cool
Yeah well what about all the people suffering in the world...have given much thought to that?

People dying of hunger, disease, STD's, lactose intolerance.

What about all of those people?

Does that rain on your pretty little sunshiny picnic perfect day?

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah well what about all the people suffering in the world...have given much thought to that?

no not really, i care about that stuff but i only get a day like this every now and then so when I do I thank God for it, small mercies to be happy, it's a novelty for me really after years of depression

i am sorry if my post made you unhappy, not my intent, i know life can be hard enough without someone going all sunshine on ya first thing in the morning, sorry dude

Last edited:
Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
no not really, i care about that stuff but i only get a day like this every now and then so when I do I thank God for it, small mercies to be happy, it's a novelty for me really after years of depression

i am sorry if my post made you unhappy, not my intent, i know life can be hard enough without someone going all sunshine on ya first thing in the morning, sorry dude

Hi Fig,

WOW, what a great testimony. Thank you for your joy, and we do need it at the most of times.

You have no need to to apologise to anyone for being joyful.

I know the battles that you have struggled with, and it's real pleasure to see you expressing your joy, well done my dear sister.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

My dear brother, don't you think you are being rought on Fig and overboard with what you just said. Our dear sister is expressing her joy of having a good day, one of very few that she enjoys, and you come along with your anger just to spoil her day.

Now what about all these people that you unnecessarily brought up, so please tell us what you are exactly doing for those dying, hungry, diseased people?

I'm very interested to see what an "angry" person has done for such cases, as you indicated on your "MOOD" BOX as being "ANGRY"?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Loving your expression of joy, FiG, as it truly lines up with the Word of God. It is God's wonderful promise to us that we shall have rivers of living water flowing through us!

The bitter comments from those who do not share that joy are proof to us that such joy is demonstrably observable in King's kids---let's not allow it to be dammed up! Let it flow!

happy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redwood

Oct 17, 2008
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

My dear brother, don't you think you are being rought on Fig and overboard with what you just said. Our dear sister is expressing her joy of having a good day, one of very few that she enjoys, and you come along with your anger just to spoil her day.

Now what about all these people that you unnecessarily brought up, so please tell us what you are exactly doing for those dying, hungry, diseased people?

I'm very interested to see what an "angry" person has done for such cases, as you indicated on your "MOOD" BOX as being "ANGRY"?

I guess you did not catch the joke...you have to read a little closer...I said people dying of lactose intolerance. ;)

I was trying to be clever and funny at the same time. I obviously need to work at it. :doh:

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
I guess you did not catch the joke...you have to read a little closer...I said people dying of lactose intolerance. ;)

I was trying to be clever and funny at the same time. I obviously need to work at it. :doh:

it's ok, thanks for explaining, it makes sense, i can be a bit sensitive at times anyway so please be patient with me :blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God is very powerful.

I thought that was cool

A thankful heart is a beautiful thing sister.
Despite "obstacles" your sharing of the river has trickled through to those who are wanting a drink. :)

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

God is very powerful.

I thought that was cool
This Psalm comes to mind.:)

Lord,you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

You have made known to me
the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand. - Psalm 16