Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For so many years people have quoted this verse to me whenever I talked about wanting to do this or that regarding finances and stability.

While I can't make any judgements towards them as to why they always quoted that verse, I now understand that it is in no way a formula to get more stuff.

That verse is saying to put Christ first in your life. While food and water and clothing and money is neccessary, we need Christ if we want to live. We won't need to worry about the secondary things so long as we have Him and He has us.

:D

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed there are no formulas. He is God, we are not. That should remove any such notions of us being able to manipulate God in some way, except for the most prideful.

Right in the next chapter is a similar passage that I truly love, Matthew 7:9-11

"Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Something we can all relate to. When my children ask me for food and drink, I know that are not on guard for me to give them something rotten or harmful, and that's because they trust me to do what is right. Same concept here, trust God to do what is right in all situations.

Reactions: Leah
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.