Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matt 25. Priest, King and Citizen~ according to what they have done.

What think ye?

10 Virgins, Matt 25:1-13
Talents Matt 25:14-30
Sheep and Goats Matt 25:31-46

represents the placement of individuals of the Millenium.

in reverse order:
Look first at the sheep and goats of the nations. Treatment of others can exclude us from an entrance into so less of a place than the Kings and priests recieve.

Secondly the use of our time can exclude us from being worthy to reign over the sheep.

And thirdly not keeping watch with the Holy Spirit saying "come, Lord Jesus" will keep us from the New Jerusalem.

What kind of people should we be then?

Kind, at the very least
God's servant, to rule with Him
Watchful disciple, to become an overcomer.

Last edited:

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just starting with the sheep and the goats (which is the last parable, not the first), nothing in the parable indicates that one becomes a sheep or a goat by what they do. Rather, what they do is indicative of who they are.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just starting with the sheep and the goats (which is the last parable, not the first), nothing in the parable indicates that one becomes a sheep or a goat by what they do. Rather, what they do is indicative of who they are.
actually the sheep said "what did we do?" and the goats said "we did this and that"

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
actually the sheep said "what did we do?" and the goats said "we did this and that"

Yeah. The sheep were humble and the goats were prideful. Which reinforces my point.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. The sheep were humble and the goats were prideful. Which reinforces my point.
Point being what? besides the verses are mixed up. (fixed them) They were those who DID things for Christ, or so they thought. The sheep DID things according to their nature, yes, but those that didn't know they were tares got no place in the Kingdom. And the other 2 verses signify loses of other places, which is my point.
Matthew 24 has been fulfilled, Matt 25 hasn't.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals

So they are not judged, or held accountable, for sins/deeds done in the flesh?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So they are not judged, or held accountable, for sins/deeds done in the flesh?

There is only one way in which we will be accepted into the kingdom and that is because Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us. This happens to believers. And those who are believers (the sheep) will be sanctified in this life. So those sheep will be doing those things which the Lord commends them for.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is only one way in which we will be accepted into the kingdom and that is because Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us. This happens to believers. And those who are believers (the sheep) will be sanctified in this life. So those sheep will be doing those things which the Lord commends them for.
So you think there are no qualifyers for kings, priests, or nations in this life? We just get there and stand in line to find our place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Point being what? besides the verses are mixed up. (fixed them) They were those who DID things for Christ, or so they thought. The sheep DID things according to their nature, yes, but those that didn't know they were tares got no place in the Kingdom. And the other 2 verses signify loses of other places, which is my point.

Matthew 24 has been fulfilled, Matt 25 hasn't.

My point is that again, the sheep aren't sheep because of what they did. They were always sheep. Jesus didn't say "You did this, so you are now a sheep". He separated them first, and then explained what they had done.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So you think there are no qualifyers for kings, priests, or nations in this life? We just get there and stand in line to find our place?

What do you mean by qualifiers?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point is that again, the sheep aren't sheep because of what they did. They were always sheep. Jesus didn't say "You did this, so you are now a sheep". He separated them first, and then explained what they had done.
Right, the sheep are told to come into the kingdom to recieve their blessings

So, I repeat the question putting all parables together.

Reactions: tropicalgold
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I agree Evangelica...there is more to consider, not just sheep and goats.

Malachi 3:17-18 And they shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not.

Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
There are the sheep and goats/the righteous and wicked, as well as....those that return with Him. They are the "priests of God," the "overcomers" that "reign with Him."

Upvote 0