May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
All your nonsense about pretrib rapture I will deal with in another thread if you want to start one.

It is clear you are one of those who deny that Rome is the fourth beast in Daniel 7 or the Toes. You strive to put today's headlines and make it fit scripture. So I will not bother answering the rest because your lack of scriptural understanding is soooooo obvious it would take ten threads on these different subjects to show you how wrong you are.
been there, done that!
won't do it again.
2Pet3:15-18

pre trib, dispensational, angelic language tongue talker...\WOW/!
there's not enough space in cyberland to write a response.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
MYTH! Readers beware of MYTH. You are 7 years off. When did Revelation 7 through 14 take place? Did the human race sleep through it? When did 1/3 of the seas turn to blood? When did 1/3 of fresh water turn to blood? When did little stinging beasties sting like scorpions? When was 1/3 of earth's population killed? When was the abomination? (Trumpets) When was ALL the seas turned to blood? When was ALL the fresh water turned to blood?

I could go on and on. You see, we climb a ladder one rung at a time. In this case, NO VIAL or bowl with associated plague will or can be poured out until all seven of the trumpets are sounded. And NO trumpet will be sounded until all seven of the seals on the scroll are broken so the scroll can be opened to bring judgment. Your theory is nothing but MYTH.

DId you miss the fact that when the seas turned to blood, ALL in the sea died, fish, and men? That has not happened! Please, forget all you think you know about this, and start over with a clean slate.

Lamad
The trumpet prophecies have to do with WWII. For example, on D-Day 200 million horses under the hood were unleashed against Hitler the antichrist and the third of the earth aligned with him. They were prepared (or manufactured) by Great Briiain, Australia, Canada and the US, represented by the four angels. The 7 last plagues follow WW II. We are now fighting the Battle of Ar Mageddon which began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The trumpet prophecies have to do with WWII. For example, on D-Day 200 million horses under the hood were unleashed against Hitler the antichrist and the third of the earth aligned with him. They were prepared (or manufactured) by Great Briiain, Australia, Canada and the US, represented by the four angels. The 7 last plagues follow WW II. We are now fighting the Battle of Ar Mageddon which began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

You have to play "fast and loose" with scripture to even think of such an idea! Did you ever think about how accurate the prophecies that have already been fulfilled were written? For example, the he goat with a notable horn; who conquered the ram; the very ram with one horn bigger than the other. And after that, the notable horn on the goat was broken, and replaced with 4. It is a very clear picture of Alexander the Great defeating Darius the 3rd of Persia, then dying as a young man, and his kingdom being ruled by his four generals. Looking back, no one has to wonder about those prophecies. If we consider the prophecies of Jesus the Messiah written hundreds of years before the fact, again they were very clear.

Yes, somehow you think these prophecies written in Revelation are written so poorly that 100 people will come up with 50 different ideas of what fulfilled them? (The other 50 are futurist like I am). The truth is, when these events happen, NO ONE WILL HAVE TO GUESS. When the seas turn to blood, everyone that knows these prophecies will see that John wrote it exactly as it will be fulfilled. No one will have to guess.

Your theories are only guesses and they are wrong. Did you forget, even in Paul's day there were some saying the DAy of the Lord had already come.....yet, here we are almost 2000 years later and we are STILL waiting on the Day of the Lord to start.

Lamad

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DFW

The first five Trumpets are the first five plagues. You do not understand that the seven Trumpets and the Seven Bowls are the same events. Please see this thread. http://www.christianforums.com/t7778349/

The five Denominations / Churches that believe that the AC Is Jesus returned will see the others as demon possessed or deceived. They will be arrested and given a chance to swear that the AC is Jesus Returned IE is God. If they refuse they will be put to death. Thinks back to heretics they were tortured till they confessed. What is bizarre is the Church would not kill them it would just brand them a Heretic it was the State that put you to death not the Church. Once branded a Heretic you were doomed you would be arrested and burned alive while the church stood by and prayed for your soul. The Church did not kill you they caused you to be killed.

So a battle between amill and dispens .. Dispensationist disbelief because they doubt 144000 are servants of god...and see them as liars or deceived by their church leaders? So dispen are killed first by the state ... You know 5 virgins are suppose to be aware of Jesus coming and are allowed to enter in when he comes... But you have them killed off... Must they die to enter the kingdom? When is their resurrection so that they enter in the kingdom?

The 144,000 who are the two witnesses will have brought plagues on the Earth. I think there is allot of evidence to show they will go out two by two. It is how Jesus sent them out it is how the Apostles traveled and sent witnesses out. When they are killed by the Beast people will celebrate and dance in the streets. WHY????? Because they will believe that these witnesses that brought the plagues were Demon possessed agents of Satan and that now the Jesus has returned Satan has been defeated. They believe they are entering the new earth and new heaven. When they kill them they will believe they are doing the will of God helping God execute Judgement.

2 by 2 are Mormons cause Mormons go out 2 by 2 ..:)... So Mormons are recruited for the job of being the 144000 maybe

When is their resurrection of the 144000?

So the amill will be deceived by ac as Jesus.... When the real Jesus comes the amils go through judgement?... Looks like all the amils are wipe out

So far we got dispensations and 144000 Mormons and amils wipe out

He's not done yet folks ..

No it is false battle of Gog magog. 90% of Christianity believes soon armies will surround Israel and God will destroy Gog with Fire from heaven as in Ezekiel 38. The AC will use this false doctrine is demons introduced to deceive people that this is Armageddon.

Here the Muslims are wipe out by 10 kingdoms of Holy Roman Empire and the ac claiming to be Jesus ...

Now Israel under the supposed real messiah will possess all the Muslim land

They come because they believe modern Israel is the will of God and that they will be saved for helping Israel. That is what dispensationalist Doctrine teaches. That is why they support modern Israel now even when it violates laws that other nations are bombed into oblivion for. They are under the deception of the Doctrine of Demons a Doctrine that is setting the world up to accept the AC's great wonder of fire from heaven as the actions of God as in Ezekiel 38.

Yeah but dispensation are wipe out so amils of Holy Roman Empire help ac defeat Muslims

I assume the ac and Holy Roman Empire is wipe out when Jesus returns

Will there be another gog Magog war between amil Holy Roman Empire and ac vrs Jesus at the true battle of Armageddon ? If so .... Why do the 10 kingdoms come to surround Israel ?... Because Israel rejected the ac palace being built and had fled to Petra ?

I assume this is the great trib of Israel ... So Israel is being wipe out but a renmant survives as with all the nations no doubt

No the nations that Attack Israel will be a confederation of Arabs and Persians many of which will come from east of the Euphrates. The Beast needs to imitate the Battle of Gog magog as closely as he can in order to deceive the five churches/virgins without the oil. In Thess 2 Paul tells us the great Wonder happens at the beasts Arrival. The Beast in his effort to" fake fulfill" Ezekiel 38 must destroy not only the armies of this Arab Persian confederation that surround Jerusalem but also their homelands. With the Arab Persian confederation (IE King of the South) out of the way the only part of the world that will not be Christian is the Kings of the East.

Arab Persian king of the south? Iran and afghan king of the east?

No You are getting Confused. The 10 Churches ARE NOT the 10 Toes or the 10 horns in rev 17.

The 10 Nations that the Beast controls are a ten nation Confederation that represents revised Rome or the Holy Roman Empire. That will be the base of his political Power. They are already set up to receive him. The Holy Roman Empire believed it was Jesus' Kingdom on Earth. The Pope is Jesus representative on Earth. The Pope and the ten Kings will unanimously agree that the AC is Jesus returned so they will willingly turn over their seats to the AC. You do not need a Pope if Jesus is standing right there. The AC will have the 10 Kings burn all churches of ALL DENOMINATIONS, ALL FAITHS. So every Temple (Sikh Hindu etc) every Mosque every Synagogue every Church. Why would you need those buildings when God is standing right there in front of you!!!!!

I see... Now every church synagogue mosque temple is destroyed by 10 Holy Roman Empire amils burned all religions to the ground ... Mystery Babylon destroyed ...

So that the only thing left standing in the aftermath is Israel and her messiah

So you have the 10 Nations of the Holy Roman Empire which is the seat of the Beast. These nations are overwhelmingly Catholic in Faith and predominantly A-Mill in belief. The Nations that are Overwhelmingly Protestant will be where the five Churches that do not follow the AC are most likely to be located. You really need to look at what these different groups believe today and what they believe will happen when you do you will see how they have been set up to accept the Beast and turn over their Nations to him.

If this were to happen .. I would see it as a set up on a world stage to usher in a false messianic era with a false Jesus at the helm who will later on in time be a false prophet for the real antichrist or man of sin to come who will claim to be the god of Israel

I would probably be killed at the begginning of the 144000 because I would see them as false witnesses

Does Elijah have a part in any of your end time senerio?

As I pointed out above you are confusing the 10 Churches with the 10 nations. The 144,000 will be killed at the Beast arrival. Five of the Virgins will not have the oil (words of the prophets) and will follow the AC. The five that have the oil will be persecuted by the other five. None of these Churches/virgins are with in the bounds of any single nation they are spread out over the whole world.

So take America for Example In America the is many A-mill faiths such as Catholic and Anglican and Presbyterian, There is also many Dispensationalist Churches such as Second Wave Baptist Pentecostal etc etc. In Addition there are JW and WWCG and Mormons and Quakers, Mennonites........I believe in countries like America and Canada there will be a battle for control of the Nations. Members of the Five Churches that accept the AC will be trying to gain control. I believe they will gain control. This will allow for the Persecution of Everyone that does not accept the AC as God. Five Churches will declare the AC to be a false Christ in other words they will say he is the AC.

Just look at the Christian Churches some teach that the AC already came so why would they every say he is just arrived. Other Churches teach the AC will be here soon..

Now when the AC shows up with the great wonder of Fire from heaven and claims he is Jesus returned....Churches that teach 99% of prophecy is fulfilled will not be looking for a Fake Jesus they all believe that happened in the first and second century so why would they be looking for that now They believe the words of the prophets are all fulfilled there is no (Oil). On the other hand churches that teach the AC is coming will have the oil(words of the prophets) to rely on and be able to see in the darkness that the AC brings.

Now we know the amils go to outer darkness for not having oil... But what happens to the Protestants? They are resurrected when?

Yes Jesus will show up in the clouds on day 1335. The counting starts when the continual sacrifice is taken away and ends 1290 day later when the Abomination is set up.

Look at Daniel 12:

11: And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

So there is 1290 days between these two events. The end of the Daily Sacrifice and the setting up of the Abomination as Mark says Where it ought not to be. Then 45 days Latter Jesus returns.

The only thing I would add is you have to understand these terms in light of the NT you can not use OT concepts to understand the end of the sacrifice and what the Abomination is. This fact is for a different thread I will try and get that going this weekend also.

Thank god Jesus finally shows up... I would say so .. Blessed is the man that survives all that and somehow makes it to the end ..

For all our sakes ... I hope and pray this does not take place as you believe just the facts...it's just ugly ... But as we have seen what WWII can achieve ... Anything is possible with satan ruling this world

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi DFW

So the amill will be deceived by ac as Jesus.... When the real Jesus comes the amils go through judgement?... Looks like all the amils are wipe out

So far we got dispensations and 144000 Mormons and amils wipe out

He's not done yet folks ..

End Quote

Please do not put words in my mouth in an attempt to make this seem ridiculous.

I said none of what you posted. JW go out two by two why not them

I was talking with a JW some weeks ago and he said see your belief shows it is us who are the witnesses. I laughed............ no because the 144,000 are first fruits so that means THEY COME OUT of fallen Christianity. I do not think there are two churches that have the truth now. Sure they all teach the truth of salvation but then their traditions put to no avail the word of God

LET ME BE VERY, VERY CLEAR. The 144,000 are not Mormons nor are they JW nor are the Dispen's all of these Churches are deceived in one way or another they are all fallen. They are all daughters of the harlot. The 144,000 will come out of these churches. It is not that these Churches have the light now.

We are not told who will and who will not follow the AC. We are not told who will be martyred and who will not be.

If this were to happen .. I would see it as a set up on a world stage to usher in a false messianic era with a false Jesus at the helm who will later on in time be a false prophet for the real antichrist or man of sin to come who will claim to be the god of Israel

I would probably be killed at the begginning of the 144000 because I would see them as false witnesses
End Quote

Many are called few are chosen. May God grant you his grace and mercy and count you worthy to be a member of the firstfruits of the latter rain.

Now we know the amils go to outer darkness for not having oil... But what happens to the Protestants? They are resurrected when?
End Quote

Not all Protestants are Pre-Mill, there are many A-Mill Protestants Anglican Presbyterian to name just two. I believe you will see many cross over in both directions. I think the lines we see today will be wiped out as people choose sides.

Many A-Mills who have Jesus in their hearts will look around them and not be able to Justify such cruelty and murder in the name of their Saviour.

Many pre-Mills will get caught up in the fever of what is believed to be right and lose everything.

In the end there will be only two beliefs Those who believe the AC is Jesus returned and those who do not.

Thank god Jesus finally shows up... I would say so .. Blessed is the man that survives all that and somehow makes it to the end ..

For all our sakes ... I hope and pray this does not take place as you believe just the facts...it's just ugly ... But as we have seen what WWII can achieve ... Anything is possible with satan ruling this world
End Quote

Never mind WWI and WWII look at the Protestant and Catholic massacres in the late 1500's and 1600's. In France in 1572 estimates range from 50,000 to 100,000 protestants dragged from their homes and murdered in the streets by Catholic mobs who believed they were doing God's will. The Catholic Encyclopaedia of 1913 admits the number of 100,000 could be a realistic National number.

Imagine what would have happened in Sir Francis Drake and Admiral nelson had not stopped the Spanish Armadas what would have happened in England and Scotland.

May God have mercy on us all for what we have done in His Name.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do not put words in my mouth in an attempt to make this seem ridiculous.

I said none of what you posted. JW go out two by two why not them

I was talking with a JW some weeks ago and he said see your belief shows it is us who are the witnesses. I laughed............ no because the 144,000 are first fruits so that means THEY COME OUT of fallen Christianity. I do not think there are two churches that have the truth now. Sure they all teach the truth of salvation but then their traditions put to no avail the word of God

LET ME BE VERY, VERY CLEAR. The 144,000 are not Mormons nor are they JW nor are the Dispen's all of these Churches are deceived in one way or another they are all fallen. They are all daughters of the harlot. The 144,000 will come out of these churches. It is not that these Churches have the light now.

We are not told who will and who will not follow the AC. We are not told who will be martyred and who will not be.

Sorry bad joke..:)

Many are called few are chosen. May God grant you his grace and mercy and count you worthy to be a member of the firstfruits of the latter rain.

Only 144000 of all Christianity ... Little hope of that ... Plus I don't believe 144000 are Christians send to the world to cause chaos and havoc on the earth by the plagues of the trumpets and vails ..I don't believe they are the 2 witnesses... Enoch and Elijah are the 2 witnesses and we know Elijah is one for sure ... The two witnesses send plagues upon men who try to hurt them .. Enoch and Elijah are centered and sent to Israel

May god reveal the truth and save all Christianity from deception and destruction of mystery Babylon

Not all Protestants are Pre-Mill, there are many A-Mill Protestants Anglican Presbyterian to name just two. I believe you will see many cross over in both directions. I think the lines we see today will be wiped out as people choose sides.

Many A-Mills who have Jesus in their hearts will look around them and not be able to Justify such cruelty and murder in the name of their Saviour.

Many pre-Mills will get caught up in the fever of what is believed to be right and lose everything.

In the end there will be only two beliefs Those who believe the AC is Jesus returned and those who do not.

If what you believe took place ... I would see the144000 as false witnesses bringing plague by powers or technology like haarp.. The false Jesus as false ac ..and the return of Jesus as a false messiah...

This would set up a false messianic age ...and make god angry and his true wrath will fall upon that era ... But that is just my view ...

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When it gets really difficult to follow, just remember that the true alternate view is that the predictions had to do with the catastrophes of the 1st century Judea.

They would still be just as wrong. If people would just read the book as written, without preconceived glasses, everything makes perfect sense.

The 144,000 will be EXACTLY what John tells us they are, descendants of Jacob. Most people in the US are NOT descendants of Jacob, but are Gentiles.

It is NOT written that they go out two by two. John does not tell us WHAT they do, so anything is a guess. But they do get raptured or caught up at the midpoint of the week, probably just after the two witnesses show up, 3 1/2 days before the abomination that divides the week.

Paul is clear, his gathering comes as the trigger for the Day of the Lord. Immediately after the rapture the sun will turn dark and the moon will appear blood red. Then, soon after that the Day of the Lord and the 70th week begins, at the 7th seal, and with the first trumpet judgment. The wrath of God begins with the first trumpet. The trumpets take us to the first half of the week, with the 7th sounding to mark the abomination on earth.

Then sometime into the second half of the week, God will pour out the vials to shorten the days of GT. The 7th vial ends the 70th week. The DAY continues.

The marriage and supper take place in heaven, and after the supper, Jesus and all the saints ride white horses to earth, the engage the enemy at the battle of Armageddon.

It is really not that difficult to follow John's Narrative. But some think they must rearrange John's God given chronology. WRONG!!!

Lamad

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it gets really difficult to follow, just remember that the true alternate view is that the predictions had to do with the catastrophes of the 1st century Judea.

:) ok I'll remember that ..

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi DFW

Thought maybe you were joking wasn't sure sorry for being so touchy.

I think you are misunderstanding. The 144,000 are only the start. They bring this

9: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10: And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

They are the latter rain they die in the Great Tribulation. The 144,000 are the firstfruits the great multitude are those who are murdered for refusing to worship the Beast

13: And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14: And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Look at Rev 14:

First the 144,000

1: And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Then the eternal Gospel is preached and people are told to repent and worship the One True God.

6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Then The beast is released from the pit and destroys Mystery Babylon.

8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

The persecution starts as described before.

9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Many Millions are slaughter in the greatest persecution ever.

12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 13: And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Why do you not trust Jesus words?????

Mt:17:12: But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DFW

Thought maybe you were joking wasn't sure sorry for being so touchy.

I think you are misunderstanding. The 144,000 are only the start. They bring this

9: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10: And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

They are the latter rain they die in the Great Tribulation. The 144,000 are the firstfruits the great multitude are those who are murdered for refusing to worship the Beast

13: And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14: And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Look at Rev 14:

First the 144,000

1: And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Then the eternal Gospel is preached and people are told to repent and worship the One True God.

6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Then The beast is released from the pit and destroys Mystery Babylon.

8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

The persecution starts as described before.

9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Many Millions are slaughter in the greatest persecution ever.

12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 13: And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Why do you not trust Jesus words?????

Mt:17:12: But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Because John was not Elijah .. And Jesus said Elijah shall truly come... And scripture says Elijah shall come before the terrible day of The Lord .. Elijah comes to Israel .. A prophet to Israel

You said the beast destroys mystery Babylon .. What exactly is mystery Babylon ? Nations that are for war? When you say he destroys mystery Babylon , what is he destroying exactly ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DFW

It says he did come and they killed him

He must be refering to him coming in spirit of Elijah meaning he was similar to what Elijah will do when he actually comes

John went before Jesus 1st coming

Enoch and Elijah come before his second coming

John is not Elijah therefore Elijah is yet to come

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Elijah quote is one of the reasons to think it is about that era.

John was not Elijah .. Elijah is Elijah ...

Elijah is still to come as one of the 2 future prophets ... He is one of the 2 witnesses for Israel

The 2 witnesses and 144000 are two different groups of people for Israel

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rome the beast destroyed Jerusalem the harlot which had been harsh to the Christian believers.

That was the 3rd scattering of Israel ... One more scattering is prophecied to take place in Israel .. When Israel is gathered by a false messiah and a false messianic era takes place .. They will be at peace with the Gentiles ...but a final antichrist will awake war again and the gentile nations will come against Israel

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi DFW

He must be refering to him coming in spirit of Elijah meaning he was similar to what Elijah will do when he actually comes
End Quote

That is not what he says. He does not say in the spirit. I would have to say Jesus understood something you just do not understand.

5: Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Perhaps it is this verse that means the Spirit of Elijah.

Why do you assume Jesus means something else....perhaps you should consider the fact that since Jesus is God he must know what his words meant. If he sais Elijah has come I think we should trust his word instead of following Darby and his group of false teachers.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DFW

End Quote

That is not what he says. He does not say in the spirit. I would have to say Jesus understood something you just do not understand.

5: Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Perhaps it is this verse that means the Spirit of Elijah.

Why do you assume Jesus means something else....perhaps you should consider the fact that since Jesus is God he must know what his words meant.

That scripture is unfulfilled because Elijah has not come yet.. John was not Elijah ...I don't know what else to say

We know Jesus comes again .. He will send Elijah then to fulfill that prophecy

I never read Darby work nor do I agree all that dispensation doctrine teaches... But I came to this conclusion on my own... Cause it's clear that John is not Elijah .. Elijah was taken to heaven ... John was born while Elijah was still in heaven .. John was beheaded and Elijah was still alive in heaven when John died ... Elijah will come and die when the beast out of the pit kills him and Enoch

Last edited:
Upvote 0