Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

Rev 5:3 But no one in Heaven or on Earth or beneath the Earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.

Rev 5:5 Do not weep the lion of the tribe of Judea the root of David has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.

Rev:5:6Then I saw a Lamb that looked as if it had been slain standing in the centre of the throne.

Rev:6:1 I watched as the Lamb open the first of the seven seals.

Do not believe the many varied Human Interpretations of Revelation it is Jesus alone who can explain the symbols of Revelation and the events of the future.

Does Jesus tell us of the events of the future else where in scripture? Yes he does in Matthew 24: he tells us what happens without symbols in very plain language.

Surly there can be only one future. Surly Jesus explanation of the future in Rev 6 is the same future in Matt 24.

So lets compare the two chapters.

Rev 6:1: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2: And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Jesus is depicted as coming on a white horse in Rev 19:11 however he has many crowns not one and he has a sword that comes out of his mouth not a bow in his hand. What does this Symbol mean? Is it the Catholic Church as the Catholics claim symbolizing Righteousness. Or is it one of the many other fancy Human explanations of this symbol. Let us not forget it is Jesus alone who reveals, Jesus alone who knows the future.

In Matthew 24 Jesus says the first thing that will take place after his death is False Christianity.

Matt 24:-4: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Many people misunderstand what is being said here. Jesus is not saying that the many coming are claiming to be the savior. They are coming in Jesus name saying Jesus was the Messiah.

I think the white horse in the first seal represents the start of false Christianity and its spread. Now I understand this is not clearly stated. But lets continue I think you will see the Matt 24 explains the other five seals exactly and in the same order.

Rev 6:-3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4: And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Peace is taken from the earth with the second seal. So what does Jesus say next in Matt 24:

6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

Once again me have a match

Third seal

Rev 6:-5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a days wages, and three measures of barley for a days wages; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

So here we have Famine. And Jesus’ plain words in matt 24

:7………………and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8: All these are the beginning of sorrows. for my name's sake.

Once again we have an exact match. Now on to the fourth seal

7: And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8: And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Death as the fourth seal. This death is a result of the first three seals. Now we have EXACT matches for the 1st 2nd,3rd and 4th seal.

Notice how the death comes to some Christians in the fourth seal. How did Christians of the Roman persecutions die????? Where they killed with the wild beasts of the earth.

What does Jesus say in Matt 24:

9: Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations.

Christian persecution by the nations just because they are called Christians.

CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT JESUS ALONE EXPLAINS THE SEALS.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11: And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Here we see the souls of those killed in the Persecutions told to wait until more will be killed as they had been killed. They are the early rain and they are told to wait for the latter rain. But it is not just the Pagan persecutions look what Jesus says is next in Matt 24:

10: And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12: And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Jesus plainly tells us that at the time of the decay of Rome and the persecution by the Pagans, Christians will start to fight amongst themselves and will HATE one another and that the Love and Patience that Christians are known for will turn cold. Although Jesus does not give us a date we can look in history for the change in the church that Jesus describes. History shows that the 4th century CA 302 -395 these events begin to unfold in the Church. The various Latin and Greek factions using the Power of Imperial favour to instigate wars and persecutions against the others believers. The process started with Constantine 325AD and continued for almost 200yrs. With the two sides gaining and losing control over the doctrine taught with successive wars that left hundreds of thousands dead. The next verse again confirms that the saints lose their lives but gain eternal life.

Jesus continues on in Matt 24

13: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

So Jesus as in the fifth seal Jesus gives the saints white robes they are saved.

Jesus finishes this part in Matt 24 by saying the end will not come until the Gospel of the Kingdom is preached unto every Nation and people.

Now the sixth seal.

12: And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13: And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14: And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15: And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16: And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

And Matt 24 starts with the great Tribulation IE the latter rain

Matt 24:15 "So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22: And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23: Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24: For there shall arise false Christ's, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; in so much that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25: Behold, I have told you before.

Then continues with

29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Once again we have an exact match.

As we can plainly see from this text that Jesus has now returned to Earth to set up his Kingdom. We are also told that the generation that see the great persecution will not pass away before Jesus returns in his Glory.

This is what Jesus tells us the future will be, it is sure and can be trusted. Unlike the interpretations of men the word of God is sound. We do not need to guess what or who the four horsemen men are, Jesus tell us in very plain language all the events leading up to his return. Many churches teach that all these events happened in the first century AD, when Rome destroyed Jerusalem. Other churches teach these events are all future.

Scripture has clearly shown us that this is not the truth. And that the words of God in Amos 3: are true. God has revealed all major events of history, into the future through Jesus' return, in advance as promised.

Last edited:

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just the facts; nice article, BUT only true in regard to matching verses with verse but not ture in its basics.

Question: In Matt:24 you forgot to tell the folks several very important things.

First of all Jesus in Matt.4, responded to several question asked by the Jewish apostles, not Christian's or Gentiles. The questions concerned Jewish matters only.

What Jesus discribes in verse 2 is the destruction of the temple, this happened in 70 AD by the Romans. The Jewish apostles than asked,

1. "When shall these things be?"

Question; "What things?" Answer; "The destruction of the temple!" Jesus goes on to tell them "Not one stone shall be standing upon another."

Again this was a Jewish thing, the temple meant nothing to Christian's even after the church had been established, from Pentacost to 70 AD.
Like the apostles, Jesus went only to the temple to teach.

2. "What shall be the sign of your coming? The Jews were always looking for signs unlike Christian's who believe by faith, we Christian's are never told to look for signs. Jesus answers this question fully.

Verse Matt.24:24 speaks of signs and wonders, not of true miracles that have the stamp of God on them.

3. "When shall the end of the age be? Jesus reveals nothing concerning this question.

When examining these verses, we must keep several things in mind. Jesus like his apostles were still under law; blood sacrifices were still being carried on: only the Jews, and not the church (EVER) looked for signs, Christians believe by faith. There was no Church; the Holy Spirit had not been sent: the apostles understood nothing about the death, and resurrection of the Lord, neither did they have a clue the Gentiles were to be brought into the fold."

John also describes pretty much the same things we read about in Matthew. There is absolutely no mention of the church or of Christians after Rev.3 ends, neither is there in Matthew. Like Matthew, John is writing of things that concern the Jews, and Israel alone.

Your thoughts. If you have any questions, ask me one of two at a time, I'm to old to take more than two at a time.

Phil

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
PhillipLa.... The disciples asked about the end of the age, So Matthew 24 is Jesus explaining to them the FULL END OF THE AGE.

what [is] the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?'

The destruction of the temple and when this occurs isn't explained, but the events are all related to the end of the age.

If Jesus' birth was the beginning of the age (which was the end of the 62 weeks of Daniel 9) and 2000 years are the age, then we're in the end of the age right now.

7 years for economic prosperity, and 7 years of famine. 2014!

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Aijalon wrote, "If Jesus' birth was the beginning of the age (which was the end of the 62 weeks of Daniel 9)"

Phil replies, "Hmmmm, No! Support with Scripture that Jesus birth was the end of the 62 weeks. Explain where Dan.9:24, "After (being a word of time) three score and two (62) weeks shall Messiah be cut off" with Ver.27, "He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week." He was cut off after the last supper when he went directly to the garden of Gethsemane with the remaining apostles.

From the time he turned 30 until he died 3 1/2 years later Jesus confirmed the O.T. covenant with the Jews, and the promise of a Messiah. As far as I can understand, 3 1/2 years remain to confirm the covenants with the Jews that God had made with Abraham, and David.

You wrote, "2000 years are the age, then we're in the end of the age right now."

Phil replies, "Here I agree with you."

7 years remain; the two witnesses will finish what Christ started some 2000 years ago. After 3 1/2 years, they will also be killed as Christ was, they will lie dead for 3 days as Christ did; they will be raised as was Christ, and than taken into heaven as Christ was. This will fulfill the 7 years of confirming the covenant God promised in Dan.7

The last half of the 7 years the beast of Rev.11:7, who is the same as the one in Rev.12:7, will rule. After the witnesses are raised than the full force of God's vengance will pour down on this world and all unbelieving Jews for 3 1/2 years later, this will complete Daniel's 70 weeks as prophisied.

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have *some* differences with "Just The Facts" imterpretation...but he has this right.

Those who are holding Matthew 24 to be future, simply ignore history...which is right there in the scriptures.

Why do they do that? Because they ignore the language of the OT prophets as the NT apostles tell us they are fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've never heard the theory that the church is never mentioned after Rev 3. Without looking up anything, I can think of 3 exceptions.

Don't go far out on the 2000 year age limb. when Matthew organized the ages of Israel it was in 14 generation units: Abraham to David; David to Exile; Exile to Messiah. As that is 6 7s, one more 7 would be the end of an age, but it wasn't. None of these ways of organizing matter. The 490 years does and it ended in the Gospel events and then 'the end' which was the DofJ and the final week was intentionally elusive because the final generation was so bizarre.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Everyone

I think you all missed the main point of this thread.

Jesus tells us the future in Revelation by symbols. Jesus tells us the future in plain language in Matthew 24.

The events in both chapter match event for event. It is obvious that the two chapters are describing the exact same events.

THAT MEANS WE DO NOT HAVE TO GUESS WHAT THE SEALS ARE ABOUT.

Jesus has revealed the future to us.

We do not need to ask anyone what it means Jesus has told us in plain language.

Hi Ebed

You obviously did not read the post Everything from Jesus' reference to Daniel is yet future.

Hi Philip

There is just so many things wrong with what you have posted I am not sure where to start.

There is absolutely no mention of the church or of Christians after Rev.3 ends
End Quote

The Whole book is about Christians for Christians.

Rv:5:8: And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rv:8:3: And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Rv:8:4: And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Rv:11:18: And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rv:13:7: And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Rv:13:10: He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Rv:14:12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rv:15:3: And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Rv:16:6: For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Rv:17:6: And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration
Rv:18:24: And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rv:19:8: And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

The Saints in every single verse about is about Christians and things Christians are doing and not doing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Ebed

You obviously did not read the post Everything from Jesus' reference to Daniel is yet future.
Then you're cocrrect... I read to quickly...and I have to disagree...because ALL of Daniel is fullfilled. Nothing remains.

The seals are all in Matthew 24.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Ebed

So then you are a full preterist?
Nope...the gathering form the four winds is simply the first ressurection, It's the spiritual resurrection...which makes us alive in Christ!

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"because ALL of Daniel is fullfilled. Nothing remains."

A predictable statement from ebed .... and this one is a full preterist for sure .... at least 97% .... more than enough to qualify

What about this passage ebed? [Daniel 11:36-45]

Who is the king of the north?

Antiochus IV? .... yes?

No .... impossible .... this kings career is well known and a matter of factual recorded history

The king of the north in 11:36 has a very different profile

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"because ALL of Daniel is fullfilled. Nothing remains."

A predictable statement from ebed .... and this one is a full preterist for sure .... at least 97% that is more than enough to qualify

What about this passage ebed? [Daniel 11:36-45]

Who is the king of the north?

Antiochus IV? .... yes?

No .... impossible .... this kings career is well known and a matter of factual recorded history

The king of the north in 11:36 has a very different profile
Notice Jesus says He gathers HIS "ELECT" from the four winds..."

Now those who are ELECT are elected to salvation.

When is comes to Daniel 11:36-45...that is Antiochus Epiphanes!

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"When is comes to Daniel 11:36-45...that is Antiochus Epiphanes!"

Absolutely not [this king's exact career is here [Daniel 11:21-35]

Did Antiocuhs conquer Egypt and add it to His northern kingdom ..... no

Did Antiochus attack and sweep way contenders from the East and North? .... no

Did Antiochus come to his ending between the seas .... in the holy land .... no

You need to bone up on your history ebed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Ebed

Well I disagree with Time on who I is verse 36 to 40.

However let me ask you this. If Daniel 36 on Antiochus Epiphanes! which abomination does Jesus refer to?
The one in which the Romans enter the temple! The importance of this passage is it's to the Jewish mind that Jesus speaks..because this is their judgment being executed in Matthew 24.

Therefore, for a Jew to see Gentiles entering the temple...it is an abomination to them.

This goes back to Matthew 23:37-39 were Jesus tells them your house is left to you desolate!

Upvote 0