Matthew 22:30 = Unfair To Perpetual Singles?

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We not going to be reincarnated, we will be resurrected. You need to read and study your bible.

The reason why God wants to save us is to make us perfect and holy like Him. Like we were originally before the fall. Hes not going to destroy our souls and then make another version of the same earth and have sin still there.

He has to work with what he already created...to perfect us. We wont be reproducing in the new heaven and earth because we will be immortal. God is calling out his children and Im sure he doesnt want us messing things up by having more children the human way! We will have so much joy that, whatever pleasure in this life pales in comparison to Knowing Him and His eternal love.

Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

DimEyesOpenHeart

Rookie on the Rock
Jun 16, 2015
England
✟8,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry but I feel your tone is a little condescending and judgemental here. I don't personally believe in reincarnation and I don't think the person who started this thread does either. It was just my way of understanding how the original poster understands the new Kingdom to be. I study my bible everyday, though I don't pretend to understand all of it, I pray for wisdom and don't rely on my own interpretations.

I know I have no way of comprehending what was before and what will be next. I look forward to it all the same. I believe as Christians we should be building and encouraging each other up, not making it uncomfortable for others to contribute their opinions/beliefs.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wasnt referring to you personally but the idea floating round that we will be reincarnated. That is a lie. We only apointed to die once, and then the judgement. We dont keep going round and round learning lessons from stuff we did or didnt do in the past.

We follow Jesus, who was resurrected not reincarnated into some other guy..

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I encourage everyone to read the Bible and found out what it says about the age to come. John gave us a glimpse and its enought to know since their wont be any sexual immorality, fornicators etc in heaven. Read revelation.

So...to somehow speculate there will be is going against His Word.

Therefore, I suggest that people read the bible and be sure about this.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

So anyone who never has the chance in this life will be out of luck in the New Earth as well? If God promises to repay believers for all their troubles and/or missed opportunities, then what about that? If anything, that verse seems like it could pressure some otherwise-faithful singles to commit fornication ('May as well experience it now, while there's still time. Besides, God will forgive me, right?').

Or does that verse simply mean NE relationships will be like what Adam and Eve originally had---lacking any marriage-related legalism?
Marriage was created to be an earthly display of Christ and his bride, the Church. (Ephesians 5:32) In heaven there will no longer be a need for the display since the real marriage of Jesus and his bride will be complete and infinitely enjoyed by all. The real marriage will give his bride, i.e. those he reconciled to himself, immeasurably more pleasure than any earthly display could have ever accomplished.

Would you regret never having smelled a peach scented scratch-n-sniff while standing in a peach orchard filled with ripe peaches? If so, then I guess you may be someone that could see themselves regretting not having had sex on earth while they stand in heaven.

One side note and a question: I cannot believe the hypothetical person you write of who uses the line "Besides, God will forgive me, right?" has ever met my Lord and my God. Do you want to explain what you allude to when writing "marriage-related legalism"?

Upvote 0

DimEyesOpenHeart

Rookie on the Rock
Jun 16, 2015
England
✟8,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not as simple as God will forgive you anyway regardless of how you choose to behave on earth. He knows your heart, sincerity and humility and if you're not genuinely repentant for your actions He will reject you as you reject him. That is why living a Christian lifestyle is a witness to God of our daily love and trust in Him - it should be.

He is always there with His loving arms wide open waiting for you to turn around and come back to Him.

That's the trust and faith part. Trusting that He is there and that what comes next will be infinitely better. If you at the end of the day can say I was wrong for rejecting you God and I'm sorry then you have nothing to fear because of His grace and mercy. When you have faith and trust in Him which is an on going process day to day things like sex just pale in comparison, you'll naturally want to be good and holy not earthly or worry about earthly things as priorities.
But we are human and we fail which is why Jesus came because His perfection made up our deficit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟150,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I encourage everyone to read the Bible and found out what it says about the age to come. John gave us a glimpse and its enought to know since their wont be any sexual immorality, fornicators etc in heaven. Read revelation.

So...to somehow speculate there will be is going against His Word.

Therefore, I suggest that people read the bible and be sure about this.

Except not all sex is fornication---just the non-God-approved versions.

Marriage was created to be an earthly display of Christ and his bride, the Church. (Ephesians 5:32) In heaven there will no longer be a need for the display since the real marriage of Jesus and his bride will be complete and infinitely enjoyed by all. The real marriage will give his bride, i.e. those he reconciled to himself, immeasurably more pleasure than any earthly display could have ever accomplished.

Would you regret never having smelled a peach scented scratch-n-sniff while standing in a peach orchard filled with ripe peaches? If so, then I guess you may be someone that could see themselves regretting not having had sex on earth while they stand in heaven.

One side note and a question: I cannot believe the hypothetical person you write of who uses the line "Besides, God will forgive me, right?" has ever met my Lord and my God. Do you want to explain what you allude to when writing "marriage-related legalism"?

By "marriage-related legalism," I mean the context of the Sadducees' arranged marriages and things like that, not genuine intimacy such as with Adam and Eve.

And speaking of the latter, didn't God create Eve for Adam BEFORE the fall? Likewise, if our bodies are supposed to be resurrected and enhanced, then what's the point of even including certain "parts" if they're just going to be useless for eternity? So we can still eat, drink, etc., but not that? How is that logical?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DimEyesOpenHeart

Rookie on the Rock
Jun 16, 2015
England
✟8,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul's letters to the Corinthians are very apt for this post. He says if you have passions or low self control sexually you should marry and then it wouldn't be sinful but realise that as a married person you will have other distractions from God and in a way a higher accountability and responsibility. But if you have self control and no real desire to be with someone it's also just as wonderful to remain single and give all your devotion to Him and not have to split it with another.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...didn't God create Eve for Adam BEFORE the fall? Likewise, if our bodies are supposed to be resurrected and enhanced, then what's the point of even including certain "parts" if they're just going to be useless for eternity? So we can still eat, drink, etc., but not that? How is that logical?
If I read between the lines, you believe the redemption provided by Jesus was a "fix" for the fall. If so, it is a common, but way mistaken, belief. Jesus was not Plan B; he was Plan A from before time began.

Again, reading between the lines, you believe all aspects of our resurrected and glorified bodies are to be utilitarian, i.e. to have some purpose in accomplishing behavior. And again, a mistaken belief. We are to share and display God's glory and it is clear from Jesus' words we will do that without marriage. (BTW, sex for the Christian is never separated from the covenant of marriage.)

Hope this helps clear up some Christian doctrine for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟150,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Uh, why you obssessed with sex? Whats the real probkem? You a guy, find a wife, marry, have children if its such a big deal for you now.

Tell that to those with disabilities that prevent them from doing so, those who try but keep getting rejected, etc.

It's nowhere near as simple as taking an aspirin for a headache, you know.

P.S.: I ask one sex-related question, and that automatically makes me "obsessed"?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yep cos you keep going on about it. Sorry. Way to scare the ladies off.
I dont think a disability stops anyone from being married. It might make it harder, but, its not going to stop anyone. And you wouldnt want to marry anyone who didnt love you for you regardless of whatver disability you have. So be patient. Jesus got rejected..he knows what its like. Ask God and he'll find someone just right for you. All it takes is ONE person.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Joni earckson tada i recall was disabled..but she didnt go on and on about that.
It was Jesus changing her into someone lovable that she evenutally did marry. I dont think she married just cos she was really wanting to experience sex. I mean..thats not the point. And yes, if you read her books, she did have desires.

You need to learn how to love someone first. Thats what God has to teach you, otherwise, whatver wife you end up having is just going to feel you married her just so YOU could have sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟150,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Good, cos I really don't like what you posted. most unchristian.

I was gonna say read nick vuljivic (sp? book...but since you ain't gonna listen to anyone's BIBLICAL advice...then..there's no point.)

I said I'm done arguing.

Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm a little late to this thread. But there's no need to be concerned about sex.

Matthew 22:30 is just stating that all marriage vows will no longer apply in the new life, the new earth. Everyone will be allow to remarry whoever they want. One man with one woman.

The reason is because you have/had marriages where guys had multiple wives like Jacob. You had widows that remarried and in their lifetime had two or more husbands. And for the many other reasons as well, the marriage vow will be broken to allow a marriage between one man to one woman, for all eternity. God's original plan will always stay intact and never change. He's not changing anything in the next life, all He's doing is restoring the old: the original planned set in the garden before the fall. The only thing that's changing is what happened the last 6000 years after the fall of mankind.

Don't worry. God has it all figured out. We just don't always know God's plan in advance, and sometimes jump to a wrong conclusion....thanks to the devil. But just know this. His plan is perfect as He is. "My thoughts are not your thoughts ~ Isaiah 55:8" He's not removing those desires He gave us in the beginning.

Happy 4th of July too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well we are the bride of God (yes, even if your male). But don't take it in some creepy way. Sex won't exist nor will we care because we will know so many things and be meeting so many people and seeing so much that sex will be something no one cares about. Its just a heavenly gift to feel on earth for a married couple. Which is why I say heavenly gift because to me its like a SUPER tiny example of what pleasure their will be in heaven (be pleasure I don't mean sexual, I mean like joy). Is it worth losing your virginity just to make sure you can have sex once....nope. Sin issues aside it will wreck your future and leave you or your spouse realizing you didn't wait. For some at least thats what happens. And theres no guarantee when someone might marry. I've seen couples get married in their 80s so anything is possible. Though we must realize GOd doesn't promise we will all marry. Its not what life is about.

Is sex great? Of course. Is it the end of the world without it? Nope. Being married I can tell you if it went away our lives would not come to a halt. Life is so busy that sometimes things you use to care about fall away or you notice less. If I could I'd take back losing my virginity in my late 20s. But at the same time who knows if I would have ended up how I am now, lessons learned and all. Not that its an excuse to go have sex to "learn" from it. God knows your heart.

Upvote 0