✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:11

ο δε ειπεν αυτοις τις εσται εξ υμων ανθρωπος ος εξει προβατον εν και εαν εμπεση τουτο τοις σαββασιν εις βοθυνον ουχι κρατησει αυτο και εγερει

the but he-said-to them which is of you man who has sheep one and if it-falls this the sabbath into pit not you-will-grasp it and you-will-raise

But then he said to them, "Would any man of you who has one sheep, if it falls into a cistern on the sabbath will not grasp it and raise it up?"
Mat 12:11 ο δε ειπεν αυτοις τις εσται εξ υμων ανθρωπος ος εξει προβατον εν και εαν εμπεση τουτο τοις σαββασιν εις βοθυνον ουχι κρατησει αυτο και εγερει

Mat 12:11 And he said to them, What man is there from you, he having one sheep, and if it fall on the sabbath, into the cesspit, will they not ever hold on to, and upraise?

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:12

ποσω ουν διαφερει ανθρωπος προβατου ωστε εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν καλως ποιειν

how-much then different man sheep so-that allowed the sabbath good do

How much different is a man from a sheep? So it is allowed to do good on the sabbath.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:12

ποσω ουν διαφερει ανθρωπος προβατου ωστε εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν καλως ποιειν

how-much then different man sheep so-that allowed the sabbath good do

How much different is a man from a sheep? So it is allowed to do good on the sabbath.
Mat 12:12 ποσω ουν διαφερει ανθρωπος προβατου ωστε εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν καλως ποιειν

Mat 12:12 How much accordingly is a man to differ from a sheep? So that to displace to do good on the sabbath.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1832 εξεσται displace: hence, change, alter utterly[/FONT][/FONT]

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:12 ποσω ουν διαφερει ανθρωπος προβατου ωστε εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν καλως ποιειν

Mat 12:12 How much accordingly is a man to differ from a sheep? So that to displace to do good on the sabbath.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1832 εξεσται displace: hence, change, alter utterly[/FONT][/FONT]
Original Word: ἔξεστιν
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: exesti
Phonetic Spelling: (ex'-es-tee)
Short Definition: it is permitted, lawful, possible
Definition: it is permitted, lawful, possible.

LSJ:
ἔξεστι: it is allowed, is possible

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:13

τοτε λεγει τω ανθρωπω εκτεινον την χειρα σου και εξετεινεν και αποκατεσταθη υγιης ως η αλλη

then he-said to man extend the hand your and he-extended and restored whole as the other

Then he said to the man "extend your hand", and he extended it and it was restored as whole as the other hand.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:14

οι δε φαρισαιοι συμβουλιον ελαβον κατ αυτου εξελθοντες οπως αυτον απολεσωσιν

the but pharisees council held against him going-out so him they-destroy

Leaving there, the pharisees held a council meeting to decide how they would destroy him.

ἀπόλλυμι
to destroy, destroy utterly

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:15

ο δε ιησους γνους ανεχωρησεν εκειθεν και ηκολουθησαν αυτω οχλοι πολλοι και εθεραπευσεν αυτους παντας

But Jesus knowing, withdrew from there and a large crowd followed him and he healed them all.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:13

τοτε λεγει τω ανθρωπω εκτεινον την χειρα σου και εξετεινεν και αποκατεσταθη υγιης ως η αλλη

then he-said to man extend the hand your and he-extended and restored whole as the other

Then he said to the man "extend your hand", and he extended it and it was restored as whole as the other hand.
Mat 12:13 τοτε λεγει τω ανθρωπω εκτεινον σου την χειρα και εξετεινεν και απεκατεσταθη υγιης ως η αλλη

Mat 12:13 Then he said to the man, extend out your hand. And he extended it out; and it was restored healthy, as the other.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:14

οι δε φαρισαιοι συμβουλιον ελαβον κατ αυτου εξελθοντες οπως αυτον απολεσωσιν

the but pharisees council held against him going-out so him they-destroy

Leaving there, the pharisees held a council meeting to decide how they would destroy him.

ἀπόλλυμι
to destroy, destroy utterly
Mat 12:14 εξελθοντες δε οι φαρισαιοι συμβουλιον ελαβον κατ αυτου οπως αυτον απολεσωσιν

Mat 12:14 And the Pharisees, they went out, and had a consultation against him, how to bring about to destroy him.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:15

ο δε ιησους γνους ανεχωρησεν εκειθεν και ηκολουθησαν αυτω οχλοι πολλοι και εθεραπευσεν αυτους παντας

But Jesus knowing, withdrew from there and a large crowd followed him and he healed them all.
Mat 12:15

Mat 12:15 But Jesus was aware, and he withdrew f[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]rom that place[/FONT][/FONT]: and large crowds pursued him, and he cured them all;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:16

και επετιμησεν αυτοις ινα μη φανερον αυτον ποιησωσιν

and admonished them that not apparent him they-should-make

and he admonished them that they should not make him well known.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:16

και επετιμησεν αυτοις ινα μη φανερον αυτον ποιησωσιν

and admonished them that not apparent him they-should-make

and he admonished them that they should not make him well known.
Mat 12:16 και επετιμησεν αυτοις ινα μη φανερον αυτον ποιησωσιν
Mat 12:16 And he enjoined them that they should not make him obvious:

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:17

οπως πληρωθη το ρηθεν δια ησαιου του προφητου λεγοντος

So fulfilling the speaking through Isaiah the prophet saying

So fulfilling the words of Isaiah the prophet saying,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:17

οπως πληρωθη το ρηθεν δια ησαιου του προφητου λεγοντος

So fulfilling the speaking through Isaiah the prophet saying

So fulfilling the words of Isaiah the prophet saying,
Mat 12:17 ινα πληρωθη το ρηθεν δια ησαιου του προφητου λεγοντος

Mat 12:17 That might be fulfilled which was uttered through Esaias the prophet, saying,

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:17 ινα πληρωθη το ρηθεν δια ησαιου του προφητου λεγοντος

Mat 12:17 That might be fulfilled which was uttered through Esaias the prophet, saying,
Now that's better. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:18

ιδου ο παις μου ον ηρετισα ο αγαπητος μου εις ον ευδοκησεν η ψυχη μου θησω το πνευμα μου επ αυτον και κρισιν τοις εθνεσιν απαγγελει

Behold the child my whom I-have-chosen the beloved my in whom he-is-well-thought-of the life my I-place the spirit my on him and judgement the nations he-will-report

"Behold my beloved child whom I have chosen, who is well thought of by my self. I will place my spirit upon him and he will report the judgement of the nations."

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:18

ιδου ο παις μου ον ηρετισα ο αγαπητος μου εις ον ευδοκησεν η ψυχη μου θησω το πνευμα μου επ αυτον και κρισιν τοις εθνεσιν απαγγελει

Behold the child my whom I-have-chosen the beloved my in whom he-is-well-thought-of the life my I-place the spirit my on him and judgement the nations he-will-report

"Behold my beloved child whom I have chosen, who is well thought of by my self. I will place my spirit upon him and he will report the judgement of the nations."
Mat 12:18 ιδου ο παις μου ον ηρετισα ο αγαπητος μου εις ον ευδοκησεν η ψυχη μου θησω το πνευμα μου επ αυτον και κρισιν τοις εθνεσιν απαγγελει

Mat 12:18 Behold my child, whom I chose; my beloved, whom in my spirit I think well: I will place my spirit upon him, and he shall deliver a message of judgment to the Gentiles

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:19

ουκ ερισει ουδε κραυγασει ουδε ακουσει τις εν ταις πλατειαις την φωνην αυτου

Not he-will-cause-stife nor he-will-call-out nor he-will-hear anyone in the streets the voice his

He will not cause strife nor will he call out. Nor will anyone in the streets hear his voice.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:20

καλαμον συντετριμμενον ου κατεαξει και λινον τυφομενον ου σβεσει εως αν εκβαλη εις νικος την κρισιν

Reed broken not crush and linen smoking not quench until would throw-out into victory the judgment

He will not crush a broken reed nor quench a smoking linen until he throws the judgment out in victory.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:20

καλαμον συντετριμμενον ου κατεαξει και λινον τυφομενον ου σβεσει εως αν εκβαλη εις νικος την κρισιν

Reed broken not crush and linen smoking not quench until would throw-out into victory the judgment

He will not crush a broken reed nor quench a smoking linen until he throws the judgment out in victory.
Mat 12:20 καλαμον συντετριμμενον ου κατεαξει και λινον τυφομενον ου σβεσει εως αν εκβαλη εις νικος την κρισιν

Mat 12:20 Mat 12:20 A crushed reed shall not be broken, and a smoking delicate cotton fabric shall not be extinguished, up to the time which he drives out judgment by defeat.

instance of defeating death

Upvote 0