✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:1

εν εκεινω τω καιρω επορευθη ο ιησους τοις σαββασιν δια των σποριμων οι δε μαθηται αυτου επεινασαν και ηρξαντο τιλλειν σταχυας και εσθιειν

in that the time went the Jesus the sabbath through the grainfields the and disciples his hungry and began plucking heads-of-grain and eating

Jesus was going through the grainfields on a Sabbath Day and his disciples were hungry and began to pick some of the grain and ate it,
Mat 12:1 εν εκεινω τω καιρω επορευθη ο ιησους τοις σαββασιν δια των σποριμων οι δε μαθηται αυτου επεινασαν και ηρξαντο τιλλειν σταχυας και εσθιειν

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus walked on the sabbath day through the spores; and his disciples were very hungry, and began pulling the ears, and eating.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:2

οι δε φαρισαιοι ιδοντες ειπον αυτω ιδου οι μαθηται σου ποιουσιν ο ουκ εξεστιν ποιειν εν σαββατω

the but pharisees seeing told him look the disciples your they-do the not allowed they-do in sabbath

but the pharisees seeing this said to him, "Look, your disciples are doing what they are not allowed to do on the sabbath."

I said "the but pharisees"! :clap: Yes, I'm that childish! ^_^
Mat 12:2 οι δε φαρισαιοι ιδοντες ειπαν αυτω ιδου οι μαθηται σου ποιουσιν ο ουκ εξεστιν ποιειν εν σαββατω

Mat 12:2 When the Pharisees saw they said to him, Lo, your learners do which is not excepted to do on the sabbath.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:3

ο δε ειπεν αυτοις ουκ ανεγνωτε τι εποιησεν δαυιδ οτε επεινασεν αυτος και οι μετ αυτου

the but said-to them not read what did David when he hungered he and those with him

He said to them, "Haven't you read what David did when he was hungry, he and those with him?"
Mat 12:3 ο δε ειπεν αυτοις ουκ ανεγνωτε τι εποιησεν δαυιδ οτε επεινασεν και οι μετ αυτου

Mat 12:3 But he said to them, Have you not read what David did, when very hungry, and those with him;

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:4

πως εισηλθεν εις τον οικον του θεου και τους αρτους της προθεσεως εφαγεν ους ουκ εξον ην αυτω φαγειν ουδε τοις μετ αυτου ει μη τοις ιερευσιν μονοις

how entered into the house the God and the bread the offering he-ate which not permitted was him to-eat nor those with him if not the priests only

How he entered into the house of God and ate the offering bread which was not permitted for him to eat, nor those with him, but only the priests?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:4

πως εισηλθεν εις τον οικον του θεου και τους αρτους της προθεσεως εφαγεν ους ουκ εξον ην αυτω φαγειν ουδε τοις μετ αυτου ει μη τοις ιερευσιν μονοις

how entered into the house the God and the bread the offering he-ate which not permitted was him to-eat nor those with him if not the priests only

How he entered into the house of God and ate the offering bread which was not permitted for him to eat, nor those with him, but only the priests?
Mat 12:4 πως εισηλθεν εις τον οικον του θεου και τους αρτους της προθεσεως εφαγον ο εξον ην αυτω φαγειν ουδε τοις μετ αυτου ει μη τοις ιερευσιν μονοις

Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and the bread of show bread he ate, which was excepted for him to eat, no one except those with him, and only for the priests? 1Sa 21:6

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:5

η ουκ ανεγνωτε εν τω νομω οτι τοις σαββασιν οι ιερεις εν τω ιερω το σαββατον βεβηλουσιν και αναιτιοι εισιν

or not you-read in the law that the sabbath the priests in the temple the sabbath they-break and without-guilt are

Or haven't you read in the law of the sabbath that the priests break the sabbath in the temple and they are without guilt.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:5

η ουκ ανεγνωτε εν τω νομω οτι τοις σαββασιν οι ιερεις εν τω ιερω το σαββατον βεβηλουσιν και αναιτιοι εισιν

or not you-read in the law that the sabbath the priests in the temple the sabbath they-break and without-guilt are

Or haven't you read in the law of the sabbath that the priests break the sabbath in the temple and they are without guilt.
Mat 12:5 η ουκ ανεγνωτε εν τω νομω οτι τοις σαββασιν οι ιερεις εν τω ιερω το σαββατον βεβηλουσιν και αναιτιοι εισιν

Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, that on the Sabbath those priests in the temple defile the sabbath, and it is not a casualty to do?

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:6

λεγω δε υμιν οτι του ιερου μειζον εστιν ωδε

I-tell but you that the temple greater is here

But I tell you that the greater temple is here.

(I am different from all the other translations on this verse, but I just don't see one in this verse)

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:6

λεγω δε υμιν οτι του ιερου μειζον εστιν ωδε

I-tell but you that the temple greater is here

But I tell you that the greater temple is here.

(I am different from all the other translations on this verse, but I just don't see one in this verse)
That is because it is not implied when the word "higher" is used.

Mat 12:6 λεγω δε υμιν οτι του ιερου μειζον εστιν ωδε
Mat 12:6 But tell you, that in this place is the higher temple.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:7

ει δε εγνωκειτε τι εστιν ελεον θελω και ου θυσιαν ουκ αν κατεδικασατε τους αναιτιους

if but you-knew what is mercy I-desire and not sacrifice not would you-condemn the innocent

But if you understood "I desire mercy and not sacrifice" you would not condemn the innocent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:7

ει δε εγνωκειτε τι εστιν ελεον θελω και ου θυσιαν ουκ αν κατεδικασατε τους αναιτιους

if but you-knew what is mercy I-desire and not sacrifice not would you-condemn the innocent

But if you understood "I desire mercy and not sacrifice" you would not condemn the innocent.
αναιτιους is a very hard word to decipher because many translators did not do so correctly!

Mat 12:7 ει δε εγνωκειτε τι εστιν ελεος θελω και ου θυσιαν ουκ αν κατεδικασατε τους αναιτιους αιτία cause

Mat 12:7 But if you had been aware of what is to happen, I will have pity, and not offering as a sacrifice, you would not ever have condemned without cause.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]G338 αναιτιοι αναιτιο[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]ς[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] αναιτιους without cause; it is not a cause to do; from αν not εισιν it is αιτιών a cause[/FONT][/FONT]

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
αναιτιους is a very hard word to decipher because many translators did not do so correctly!

Mat 12:7 ει δε εγνωκειτε τι εστιν ελεος θελω και ου θυσιαν ουκ αν κατεδικασατε τους αναιτιους αιτία cause

Mat 12:7 But if you had been aware of what is to happen, I will have pity, and not offering as a sacrifice, you would not ever have condemned without cause.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]G338 αναιτιοι αναιτιο[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]ς[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] αναιτιους without cause; it is not a cause to do; from αν not εισιν it is αιτιών a cause[/FONT][/FONT]
I agree, :thumbsup:
Thanks

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:8

κυριος γαρ εστιν του σαββατου ο υιος του ανθρωπου

lord for is the sabbath the son the man

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:8

lord for is the sabbath the son the man

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

Mat 12:8
Mat 12:8 For the Lord of the sabbath day is the Son of man.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:9

και μεταβας εκειθεν ηλθεν εις την συναγωγην αυτων

and departing there he-went into the synagogue their

and departing from there, he went into their synagogue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:9

και μεταβας εκειθεν ηλθεν εις την συναγωγην αυτων

and departing there he-went into the synagogue their

and departing from there, he went into their synagogue.
Mat 12:9 και μεταβας εκειθεν ηλθεν εις την συναγωγην αυτων

Mat 12:9 And passing from that place, he came to their gathering:

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:9 και μεταβας εκειθεν ηλθεν εις την συναγωγην αυτων

Mat 12:9 And passing from that place, he came to their gathering:
gathering :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:10

και ιδου ανθρωπος ην την χειρα εχων ξηραν και επηρωτησαν αυτον λεγοντες ει εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν θεραπευειν ινα κατηγορησωσιν αυτου

and behold man was the hand having withered and they-asked him saying if allowed the sabbath to-heal that they-condemn him

There was a man with a withered hand and they questioned him, asking if it was lawful to heal on the sabbath - in order to condemn him.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:10

και ιδου ανθρωπος ην την χειρα εχων ξηραν και επηρωτησαν αυτον λεγοντες ει εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν θεραπευειν ινα κατηγορησωσιν αυτου

and behold man was the hand having withered and they-asked him saying if allowed the sabbath to-heal that they-condemn him

There was a man with a withered hand and they questioned him, asking if it was lawful to heal on the sabbath - in order to condemn him.
Mat 12:10 και ιδου ανθρωπος χειρα εχων ξηραν και επηρωτησαν αυτον λεγοντες ει εξεστιν τοις σαββασιν θεραπευσαι ινα κατηγορησωσιν αυτου

Mat 12:10 And, lo, a man was there having had his hand to wither. And they questioned him, saying, Is it altered utterly to save from destruction on the sabbath? that they might bring an accusation against him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 12:11

ο δε ειπεν αυτοις τις εσται εξ υμων ανθρωπος ος εξει προβατον εν και εαν εμπεση τουτο τοις σαββασιν εις βοθυνον ουχι κρατησει αυτο και εγερει

the but he-said-to them which is of you man who has sheep one and if it-falls this the sabbath into pit not you-will-grasp it and you-will-raise

But then he said to them, "Would any man of you who has one sheep, if it falls into a cistern on the sabbath will not grasp it and raise it up?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0