Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems that both of these videos are examples of confirmation bias in those who compiled the information. That is, anything that doesn't confirm what they already think is simply jettisoned. If all relevant data were considered, no such thing as a straight line would exist. If God created the universe, why not create it in such a way that all of the planets in the solar system line up in such neat and clean ways? Why just the sun (שמש), moon (ירח) and earth (ארץ)? Similarly, why does he not include the other name for the moon (לבנה)? It would throw a monkey wrench into his perfect figures, therefore it is ignored (confirmation bias).

Similarly, with year (שנה), month (ירח) and day (יום), why not take the more common name for month (חודש / חדש)? Why not include hour (שעה), minute (דקה), second (שניה) or moment (רגע)? Everything is chosen so as to confirm his claims, while anything that would cause the claim to fall apart is simply cast aside (confirmation bias).

The same kind of bias exists in the Qur'an video that I posted. Why not take more into account than what was randomly chosen to confirm the miraculous origin of the Qur'an? It would undermine the claim - therefore, it's ignored (confirmation bias).

Why do I have to always be the naysayer? I hate to say it, but this video is not "science."

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank You For Posting The Research By Professor Haim Shore

John 1:1-3, 14 CJB
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things came to be through Him, and without Him nothing made had being.
14 The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw His Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth.

John 21:25 CJB
But there are also many other things Yeshua did; and if they were all to be recorded, I don’t think the whole world could contain the books that would have to be written!

It is not uncommon for someone of average intelligence to be intimidated and then attempt to discredit someone who is vastly superior. That was true with the average naysayers that were only too eager to discount Einstein's theory ~ E=mc2

Checked a few other sites and doubt is not uncommon ... typical of those whose god is limited (like secular humanism).
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/sho...-quot-that-Torah-is-somehow-divinely-inspired
Haim Shore is a tenured engineering professor at Ben-Gurion University of the ‎Negev, Israel. He owns five academic degrees and had published six books (three in English) and ‎scores of chapters and articles in books and in refereed international journals. ‎Until recently he administered Israel's national standardization in quality and ‎reliability engineering, an assignment that he performed voluntarily for many ‎years. He was born in Israel where he lives today.

Professor Shore was born in Israel (in the town of Tiberias, west side of the Sea of Galilee). Graduated from the Technion (B.Sc., Industrial Engineering and Management); earned an M.Sc. in Operations Research (Technion, Haifa), a B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology (Haifa University), an M.A. in Psychology (Tel-Aviv University) and a Ph.D. in Statistics (Bar-Ilan University). ... http://www.bgu.ac.il/~shor/

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Abraham Ibn Ezra (1092-1167) is the central figure in the Hebrew mathematical tradition. It was he who wrote what is probably the most influential Hebrew treatise on arithmetic, Sefer ha-Mispar (Book of the Number); inter alia, that book seems to have played an important role in the transmission of the Hindu-Arabic numerals to the west.

In addition, it was he who, by means of some enticing, cryptic remarks in his biblical commentaries, suggested a deep mathematical interpretation for some fundamental religious concepts. His commentaries were very widely read; they engendered a flock of supercommentaries whose authors did their best to spell out in full the ideas which Ibn Ezra only hinted at.

Ibn Ezra also wrote Sefer ha-Ehad (Book of the One), an arithmological1 monograph, and Sefer ha-Shem (Book of the Name), a reflection upon the divine names in which some mathematical themes are developed as well.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Abraham Ibn Ezra (1092-1167) is the central figure in the Hebrew mathematical tradition. It was he who wrote what is probably the most influential Hebrew treatise on arithmetic, Sefer ha-Mispar (Book of the Number); inter alia, that book seems to have played an important role in the transmission of the Hindu-Arabic numerals to the west.

In addition, it was he who, by means of some enticing, cryptic remarks in his biblical commentaries, suggested a deep mathematical interpretation for some fundamental religious concepts. His commentaries were very widely read; they engendered a flock of supercommentaries whose authors did their best to spell out in full the ideas which Ibn Ezra only hinted at.

Ibn Ezra also wrote Sefer ha-Ehad (Book of the One), an arithmological1 monograph, and Sefer ha-Shem (Book of the Name), a reflection upon the divine names in which some mathematical themes are developed as well.

For years (about 20 or so) i've commented to a select few that God is the greatest scientist and mathematician that ever lived when visiting with someone that trusts in themself (secular humanism). They don't know what to say for a few seconds and typically will give you a sideways look. And that usually ends our visit.

The religious hypocrites probably walked away shaking their heads after listening to Yeshua's 8 Beatitudes. Don't you think there are still plenty today among 'prideful religionism' that still haven't figured out the first ohe ... “How blessed are the poor in spirit for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs" (e.g. "the Donald" ). A news reporter several years ago asked him his views on God, and he answered, "I have a good relationship with my church."

Last edited:
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank You For Posting The Research By Professor Haim Shore

John 1:1-3, 14 CJB
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things came to be through Him, and without Him nothing made had being.
14 The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw His Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth.

John 21:25 CJB
But there are also many other things Yeshua did; and if they were all to be recorded, I don’t think the whole world could contain the books that would have to be written!

It is not uncommon for someone of average intelligence to be intimidated and then attempt to discredit someone who is vastly superior. That was true with the average naysayers that were only too eager to discount Einstein's theory ~ E=mc2

Checked a few other sites and doubt is not uncommon ... typical of those whose god is limited (like secular humanism).
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/sho...-quot-that-Torah-is-somehow-divinely-inspired

Professor Shore was born in Israel (in the town of Tiberias, west side of the Sea of Galilee). Graduated from the Technion (B.Sc., Industrial Engineering and Management); earned an M.Sc. in Operations Research (Technion, Haifa), a B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology (Haifa University), an M.A. in Psychology (Tel-Aviv University) and a Ph.D. in Statistics (Bar-Ilan University). ... http://www.bgu.ac.il/~shor/

Doesn't mean that he's free from bias. In this case, there is obvious personal benefit to be received from proving that the Hebrew language is magical.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Cite your sources. You're plagiarizing again.
web.stonehill.edu/compsci/shai_papers/hebalgebra.pdf

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
"If God created the universe, why not create it in such a way that all of the planets in the solar system line up in such neat and clean ways?"

What you're saying doesn't make sense. Why would he make the planets line up like that ?

I get the confirmation bias, and I see how other religions can say the same things about codes and deeper meanings. Some of those texts can well have codes put in them, intentionally, as is the case in the Bible.

If God exists, why wouldn't he put codes and mathemtical phenomena in his scripture ? And why would he prevent the adherents of other religions from putting or finding similar phenomena in other texts ?

Joseph Smith, a HUMAN being, put codes into his religious texts. Why wouldn't God do the same ? Why wouldn't the compilers of the Quran do the same ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doesn't mean that he's free from bias. In this case, there is obvious personal benefit to be received from proving that the Hebrew language is magical.
Didn't you mean to say ... proving that the Hebrew language is God-breathed.

Some of our Public Schools may decide not to celebrate Valentine's Day. They may make an exception and let elementary kids exchange Valentine cards as long as it: Doesn't disrupt their learning; Isn't racially biased; Isn't profane; Too lovely dovey; Etc; Etc; Etc. May have to get some parent volunteers to monitor any excessive behavior ;)
http://www.twincities.com/2016/01/28/should-st-paul-schools-celebrate-holidays-one-says-no/

If you listen closely to the word, "AHAVAH" is the sound of breathing… Ahh Hahh Vahh; the first syllable is an exhalation. The second syllable is an inhalation. The third syllable, vah, has its own distinct meaning in Hebrew, "came." God exhaled… man inhaled… love came! No other word comes forth from the mouth so easily.
lovehearts.jpg

“AHAVAH – LOVE”
The word Ahavah is a literal translation of the Hebrew which means a pure love and referred to the word "worship" as the maximum expression of love that can be given to God, hence the name "Ahavah." For this reason, the true form of understanding and interpreting this concept is returning to the roots, which lie along the Word of God. ( http://www.pray4zion.org/AhavahLove.html )

Mark 12:30-31 (CJB)
30 "and you are to love Adonai your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your understanding and with all your strength.
31 The second is this: ‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other mitzvah greater than these.”

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
A while ago (seems like just yesteryear) we were pondering who might be the most likely author (co~author) of the Book of Hebrews in the Ketuvei HaShalichim. The Book of Hebrews was apparently written by a highly intelligent Jew. Someone that was able to make sense of it all and explain it with a logic like that of a Professor Haim Shore or an Albert Einstein.

alberteinstein417379.jpg

As a Messianic it's clear that the Book of Hebrews as well as the entire Ketuvei HaShalichim is actually more revelant to Judaism than they are to Christianism. Well daahh ... yes, yes i know it takes a while for His Light to envelope a gentile. The Book of Hebrews is a brilliant piece of beautiful expository writing that conveys the essence of a Supreme Intelligence. Would be so awesome if what was thought to be an orginal (or copy) written in Hebrew was unearthed in Yerusalem by the Israel Antiquities Authority. To my way of thinking the Book of Hebrews should be required reading in every Yeshivah school of higher instruction (am I biased ? well maybe just a little). :)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
And you're telling me that you read that and can attest to what it says and its accuracy. You don't read Hebrew! How can you have read that PDF?! This just shows that you'll grab anything as "proof."
Never said I can read or attest to what it says... I said I was looking for "proof"... and that is where I landed... with the translation button not working. But the abstract was in English.. which helped.

Upvote 0