• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Masturbation without lust a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeker

Feb 9, 2009
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Hey guys I have been to these forums for a while and tried to find out ways I could stop my sexual addictions Ive tried to stop numerous times and failed, but I am getting better. But I have just been wondering if it was possible to touch without any lust. Which would make that kind of masturbation ok right? You know without any fantisizing or inappropriate contentagrophy?

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It should be no problem to touch without inappropriate content, and I also think it is better for people to not use inappropriate content at all, I think it is something that do something bad to people. But masturbating and having no fantasies sounds difficult. Also I am unsure how you would think you could touch with no lust. Lust is the same as being horny, and you can't touch without that? If masturbating is something you wish to avoid, then the bible tell to live in the Spirit to not fulfill the desires. And the bible also tell that those that can't live without it, but is burning with lusts, should get married.

I often feel a bit frustrated, cause there is no simple solution to all this. It is frustrating to feel a need for sex, and it is also frustrating to not having the ability to feel pure from this need when it can't be fulfilled in a marriage. I guess that is just some of the suffering Christians have to live with, and a reason for why the world is mocking us. And I think the most important thing is to not give up, to not give into a life of sin, but to always turn to God to find help, forgiveness and purity.

Upvote 0

Fowler

Nov 20, 2008
✟15,547.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Its something inhuman... Whenever you mas*** lustful images kind of appear automatically... Lust is a sin. Sin is a death. Its better to stop mas*** at all. Its addictive. These 5 sec of you know what can turn ya into... I know some ppl who cudnt stop mas*** They just wanted more and more all the time.
I was struggling 2. I didnt mas like 40 days Then doubts about being young biy health bla bla bla appeared in me. And I started again. Now I totally stopped it and dating with a beautiful gf! I can feel real love :D.
DOnt allow 5 sec of fun turn ya into robot... Its much worse then robot... Lust separated us from God!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.