The Greek defines 'law of liberty' this way:
1) liberty to do or to omit things having no relationship to salvation
2) fancied liberty
a) license, the liberty to do as one pleases
3) true liberty is living as we should, not as we please

What we could not do in the weakness of 'flesh'... we CAN now do,
as we choose to live by His power.

:bow:

Amen! Absolutely!! Very nice summary - very encouraging!! Thank you!!

Upvote 0
S

SeraphimsCherub

GOD Bless You ChristsFreeServant! i pray that the Lord Will Bless your husband,fill him with His Holy Spirit, and draw him closer too Jesus's Heart, that GOD'S Heart Will heal whatever it is that he seeks about in his heart! In Christ Jesus Name i pray this Holy Spirit be unto him...Amen...Would you also please remember me in your prayers,that i also may finally be delivered from "Every Man's Battle"! i already know that He has set me free in the Eternal Realm of His Spirit, the reality of it just hasn't become manifest to me in the physical realm of my flesh!! i just pray that His Grace would suffer me not to sin against my Holy Love any longer!!

SeraphimsCherub
GOD Bless

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD Bless You ChristsFreeServant! i pray that the Lord Will Bless your husband,fill him with His Holy Spirit, and draw him closer too Jesus's Heart, that GOD'S Heart Will heal whatever it is that he seeks about in his heart! In Christ Jesus Name i pray this Holy Spirit be unto him...Amen...Would you also please remember me in your prayers,that i also may finally be delivered from "Every Man's Battle"! i already know that He has set me free in the Eternal Realm of His Spirit, the reality of it just hasn't become manifest to me in the physical realm of my flesh!! i just pray that His Grace would suffer me not to sin against my Holy Love any longer!!

SeraphimsCherub
GOD Bless

You are in my prayers right now that God will show you the path to freedom in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Bruce,

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. The Lord woke me this morning to the song in my mind "Your Grace Still Amazes Me." So, I have been praying this morning that the Lord would open my heart and mind to an even greater understanding of His grace. Your post attests to God's grace in people's lives to bring about deliverance and healing and to give people new beginnings, and that is awesome!

On a side note, my husband right now is where you were a few years ago. He has struggled in the same manner as you for longer than you mentioned. We have been married 38 years. He has been battling this on and off all that time, as well. He is now in the process of doing some heart examination even as we speak, so please keep him in your prayers that God's Holy Spirit will break through his heart and mind and will reveal to him what needs to be done for him to walk in continued victory.
Sue, it looks as if your post is blessing many. How wonderful.

As I was addicted since age 12, and I am talking life controlling lust, perhaps my experience will encourage others.

Many have cried out to God to set them free from this evil and very provacative sin, and yet it seems their cries fall on deaf ears. We wonder, "Does God not care?" I know He CAN do this. Why am I still a slave to my lust?"

What I discovered is that there were two reasons why my own prayers went seemingly unanswered.

1) I saw my problem as a sin- lust and the inappropriate contentography that fed it. God saw my problem as my old nature, all of it. I was crying to defeat a sin when my very nature WAS sin. Do you see the dilemma? My problem, which I did not see at the time, was my flesh itself needed to die, Dying to one sin accomplished little if anything if I remained in the old man. I was trying to die to a specific thing. God wanted me to die to sin- period.

Our old nature must be put off, and we must clothe ourselves with a new nature,a nature that not only wants to do God's will, but is also empowered to follow through in doing it. This is the real wonder of our being born again. Our old nature, we are told, died with Christ when He died. Because of that, we are now dead to sin, and Paul tells us that we are no longer in the flesh, but in the spirit if so be that the spirit of God dwells in us.

Cut the head off the serpent, the acts of the serpant disappear. We are still wrestling the body...and losing.

This brings us to the second truth.

2) This putting off the old man and putting on the new, this truth that old things have passed away and all things have become new confuses us to no end, becasue we do not "feel" new. The fact is, we very much feel the same. If all these things are true, we ask ourself "Why am I not then set free? Why does lust still rage in my heart?"

There is a clear reason.

"For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

Hebrews 4:2

Lest we forget, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. Once we are convinced of these amazing truths of God. and as our eyes fall on the promise of God that sin shall not have dominion over us, our faith may still be but a seed, dormant, lifeless. Butmake no mistake, it is a seed planted by God, and has the supernatural life of God within it. As Jesus said, it's capailities are that it can sprout and grow into a great tree. That is the power of that dry dormant faith within us. Now, it needs to be planted.

You see, we do not need for God to "do" something. He already has! Our failure is in not launching out to believe His amazing promises.

So what do we do? I can only say what God led me to do. He brought me to Romans 6 and I read where Paul instructs us to reckon ourself dead to sin and alive unto God. He then asked me if I had ever obeyed this verse. I was flabbergasted. I had not. I saw immediately what i needed to do. I needed to hold up my shield of faith! But first I must plant the seed and confess his promise is mine.

I took a deep breath and spoke. Remember faith comes by hearing, and I was desperate to hear it, and it needed to come from MY mouth. I spoke the words aloud that I reckoned myself dead to sin, dead to lust, dead to the old nature that cannot obey. I made sure my loving Father, who had been so patient and longsuffering with me for 36 years of failure, I made sure He heard me. I also made sure satan heard me, loud and clear. And as I spoke, that little dry seed of faith, our gift from God, began to come alive and strength with it. And satan began to sweat.

We are told in Revelation 12 that the saints overcame the devil by "the blood ofthe lamb AND the word of THEIR testimony." Do we see? Do we see where we have been misled? We are like the blind man waiting for years....decades...by the pool of Siloam for the angel to stir the water to heal our blindness, and all the while, the very son of God is within us, and has pronounced us whole, if we will but believe!

Our shield of faith MUST be raised if we ever are to have victory over the sins that so easily beset. And our shield is our weak trust in His string promises, that they are ours...NOW. We are not to walk by what we see, or what we feel, but by trust in a God who cannot lie.

We have now fully entered into the good fight of faith and God now wants our faith to not stay a small seed, or even an nice little plant. He wants a tree.

I hope this helps someone out there. God is not looking for "strong" saints, nor diligent ones. He is looking for the weak ones who know their weakness, and are hungry to be different, to be free indeed. Of such is the kingdom of God.

Blessings,

Bruce

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Here is (((our))) New Year Motto...every second of everyday,Lord Jesus Let us-let it everso be:Zechariah 4:6 (KJV) Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.Amen!!!
Sera, that made me smile. Truth has a way of doing that to me. :)

Upvote 0

Son of Israel

Oct 9, 2009
Rogue River, Oregon
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
(2Co 4:6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(2Co 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Blessings dear brothers and sisters

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is (((our))) New Year Motto...every second of everyday,Lord Jesus Let us-let it everso be:Zechariah 4:6 (KJV) Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.Amen!!!

Amen!! Love that verse!! :clap:

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(2Co 4:6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(2Co 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Blessings dear brothers and sisters

Thank you! That is so true!! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sue, it looks as if your post is blessing many. How wonderful.

As I was addicted since age 12, and I am talking life controlling lust, perhaps my experience will encourage others.

Many have cried out to God to set them free from this evil and very provacative sin, and yet it seems their cries fall on deaf ears. We wonder, "Does God not care?" I know He CAN do this. Why am I still a slave to my lust?"

What I discovered is that there were two reasons why my own prayers went seemingly unanswered.

1) I saw my problem as a sin- lust and the inappropriate contentography that fed it. God saw my problem as my old nature, all of it. I was crying to defeat a sin when my very nature WAS sin. Do you see the dilemma? My problem, which I did not see at the time, was my flesh itself needed to die, Dying to one sin accomplished little if anything if I remained in the old man. I was trying to die to a specific thing. God wanted me to die to sin- period.

Our old nature must be put off, and we must clothe ourselves with a new nature,a nature that not only wants to do God's will, but is also empowered to follow through in doing it. This is the real wonder of our being born again. Our old nature, we are told, died with Christ when He died. Because of that, we are now dead to sin, and Paul tells us that we are no longer in the flesh, but in the spirit if so be that the spirit of God dwells in us.

Cut the head off the serpent, the acts of the serpant disappear. We are still wrestling the body...and losing.

This brings us to the second truth.

2) This putting off the old man and putting on the new, this truth that old things have passed away and all things have become new confuses us to no end, becasue we do not "feel" new. The fact is, we very much feel the same. If all these things are true, we ask ourself "Why am I not then set free? Why does lust still rage in my heart?"

There is a clear reason.

"For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

Hebrews 4:2

Lest we forget, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. Once we are convinced of these amazing truths of God. and as our eyes fall on the promise of God that sin shall not have dominion over us, our faith may still be but a seed, dormant, lifeless. Butmake no mistake, it is a seed planted by God, and has the supernatural life of God within it. As Jesus said, it's capailities are that it can sprout and grow into a great tree. That is the power of that dry dormant faith within us. Now, it needs to be planted.

You see, we do not need for God to "do" something. He already has! Our failure is in not launching out to believe His amazing promises.

So what do we do? I can only say what God led me to do. He brought me to Romans 6 and I read where Paul instructs us to reckon ourself dead to sin and alive unto God. He then asked me if I had ever obeyed this verse. I was flabbergasted. I had not. I saw immediately what i needed to do. I needed to hold up my shield of faith! But first I must plant the seed and confess his promise is mine.

I took a deep breath and spoke. Remember faith comes by hearing, and I was desperate to hear it, and it needed to come from MY mouth. I spoke the words aloud that I reckoned myself dead to sin, dead to lust, dead to the old nature that cannot obey. I made sure my loving Father, who had been so patient and longsuffering with me for 36 years of failure, I made sure He heard me. I also made sure satan heard me, loud and clear. And as I spoke, that little dry seed of faith, our gift from God, began to come alive and strength with it. And satan began to sweat.

We are told in Revelation 12 that the saints overcame the devil by "the blood ofthe lamb AND the word of THEIR testimony." Do we see? Do we see where we have been misled? We are like the blind man waiting for years....decades...by the pool of Siloam for the angel to stir the water to heal our blindness, and all the while, the very son of God is within us, and has pronounced us whole, if we will but believe!

Our shield of faith MUST be raised if we ever are to have victory over the sins that so easily beset. And our shield is our weak trust in His string promises, that they are ours...NOW. We are not to walk by what we see, or what we feel, but by trust in a God who cannot lie.

We have now fully entered into the good fight of faith and God now wants our faith to not stay a small seed, or even an nice little plant. He wants a tree.

I hope this helps someone out there. God is not looking for "strong" saints, nor diligent ones. He is looking for the weak ones who know their weakness, and are hungry to be different, to be free indeed. Of such is the kingdom of God.

Blessings,

Bruce

Bruce, I read through what you wrote here outloud so that both me and my husband heard what you said. Then, we went to bed for the night. Before I fell asleep, I was praying through the things you said here and the Lord was bringing things to mind in response to what you wrote, so I was praying if I should get up and write back to you. Then, I fell asleep.

This morning that was not on my mind when the Lord began to speak to me, but as I began to write what he was giving me to write this morning, I realized how what he was having me say was, at least in part, a response to what you have shared here, so my response to you can be read on the thread titled "He Has Risen!" - http://www.christianforums.com/t7524564/#post56462037

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony here with me. Amen!! :clap:

Upvote 0