Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eighteen women have said they were sexual assaulted at a music festival in Germany.

Three men from Pakistan aged between 28 and 31 have been arrested and police are still searching for three men who may also have been involved.

The attacks are similar to those reported in Cologne and other cities on New Year's Eve, when as many as 1,000 women were groped and robbed.

Police said three women reported being groped at the Schlossgrabenfest music festival in Darmstadt on Saturdaym saying they had been encircled then sexually harassed by a group of men.

By Tuesday, 15 more women had made complaints of being sexually assaulted in a similar manner at the festival.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...usic-festival-cologne-darmstadt-a7057416.html

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How come you only make threads about sexual assault allegations in Europe when the alleged perpetrators are Muslims?

This is News and Current Events. Stick to the topic, please.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How come you only make threads about sexual assault allegations in Europe when the alleged perpetrators are Muslims?

Watch out, you don't want to be branded as an SJW for suggesting racism!

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
This is News and Current Events. Stick to the topic, please.
It was a serious question. I think the answer is because of your prejudices, but perhaps you think differently.

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟270,930.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm pleased to see we've evolved past blaming women for their assaults. In the past there might have been some victim blaming going around because of perceived immodesty and such. That suddenly stopped once groups of immigrants started assaulting women. Hooray for progress.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
AmbassadorFlame_zpsb1ea6e68.jpg

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was a serious question. I think the answer is because of your prejudices, but perhaps you think differently.

I would call it "postjudice"; but then this isn't about me.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One day we'll read that German women killed those who tried to rape them in public. The attempted rape perpetrators having been from Pakistan, or Syria, or wherever.

News reports like this should forewarn all women in Germany to be prepared to fend off violent men like this. Use as much force as necessary to the fullest to defend one's body from rapists. And save other women in Germany from cur that think they're easy targets and deserved of this assault because they're infidel women.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Got links of other mass sexual assaults taking place?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Got links of other mass sexual assaults taking place?

"Sexual assaults and even rape happen every year at big events like Oktoberfest. "The way to the toilet alone is like running the gauntlet: within 50 feet, you can be sure to tally three hugs from drunken strangers, two pats on the butt [word edited by me], someone looking up your dirndl and some beer purposely splashed right down your cleavage," wrote Karoline Beisel and Beate Wild in 2011, in the Süddeutsche Zeitung. An average of 10 reported rapes take place each year at Oktoberfest. The estimated number of unreported cases is 200."

Rape Culture in Germany Is Not an Imported Phenomenon

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Exactly, it's pre-refugee/migrants meaning it's been going on. It doesn't excuse the attacks, but the paranoia and hatred against foreign/Muslim men isn't justified when the same paranoia and hatred is not present against native/indigenous/ethnically German men even though they were part of the mass sexual assault problem.

10,000+ refugee children are missing in Europe, many presumably missing because of indigenous sex traffickers in Europe. Where is the hysteria regarding them (both the children and the traffickers)? Where is the indictment on European culture?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's from 2011, pre-pro-refugee. These were assaults by one particular culture. saying "but other people have been doing it" doesn't excuse it.

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

Your question was: "Got links of other mass sexual assaults taking place?" That link provides one example. Here are a couple more:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ault-on-increase-at-concerts-experts-say.html
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/arti...c-at-music-festivals-and-nobody-seems-to-care
http://www.mtv.com/news/516319/two-woodstock-fans-allegedly-raped-in-mosh-pits/

1.) What does the date have anything to do with it? 2011 is still pretty current. These festivals still happen. Sexual assault is an issue. Maybe widespread coordinated attacks are rare, but does it matter if they're coordinated or not?

2.) I was at Woodstock 99 - it was almost all middle class white kids, i.e. more-or-less one culture. Still had rapes.

3.) Nobody's trying to excuse it.

Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
2.) I was at Woodstock 99 - it was almost all middle class white kids, i.e. more-or-less one culture. Still had rapes.
That's exactly the one I was going to bring up. Pre-9/11, middle class white kids I the US and even then when I was ten, I remember hearing about sexual assaults that happened there.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_Day_Parade_attacks

Sexual assaults at festivals cross race, nationality, and religion. That it happens often does not excuse any instances, but more examples help us determine what details are more important and why they are important in understanding why this happens. Making correlation equals cause errors doesn't help. Discovering an important detail but misunderstanding how it plays a role doesn't help. We have to sweep our prejudices away to effectively address the problem.

Upvote 0