Mass March Protesting US Illegal Immigration Bill

Should The U.S. Clamp Down On Illegal Immigration?

• The government should do a lot more to secure the U.S. Borders.

• America should be more moderate in its approach to immigration.

• Allow those who are here illegally permenant amnesty.

• A combination of a guest worker program with tougher regulation on illegal immigration.

• We are doing enough already. We have bigger problems to worry about.

• Open the floodgates and let the huddled masses come in masses!

Results are only viewable after voting.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PaladinDoodler said:
Grant permanent amnesty to those who are here illegal and who have been here for at least 1 year.

We did that before, and even more came in Illegaly.

I've got no problem with immigration, just obay the laws we have. But that's too much to ask for I guess.:sigh:

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I voted for #4 "A combination of a guest worker program with tougher regulation on illegal immigration."

I live in the central valley of Northern California where housing construction is in full swing and we are surrounded by agriculture. There are plenty of jobs BUT not everyone wants to work them - not everyone wants to or will work in the fields or orchards nor work as a labourer on a construction site. But there are others that will and do work in this much needed area. I am all for the "Guest Worker Program" when they are here to work legally and am all for tougher and tighter restriction/regulations as well as increased border security.

Upvote 0

SisterGeoff

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
PaladinDoodler said:
Grant permanent amnesty to those who are here illegal and who have been here for at least 1 year.

This is grossly unfair. Why should people be rewarded with residency for breaking our laws while many others work long and hard to get it legally?

Upvote 0

SisterGeoff

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
justanobserver said:
I voted for #4 "A combination of a guest worker program with tougher regulation on illegal immigration."

I live in the central valley of Northern California where housing construction is in full swing and we are surrounded by agriculture. There are plenty of jobs BUT not everyone wants to work them - not everyone wants to or will work in the fields or orchards nor work as a labourer on a construction site. But there are others that will and do work in this much needed area.

Rather people are unwilling to do the work for the pay. With out sub-minimum wage and easly exsploited (not that all who hire migrent workes do so but I digress) labour there would not be a labor shortage but rather a rise in wages for laborers so as to attract more workers.

I am all for the "Guest Worker Program" when they are here to work legally and am all for tougher and tighter restriction/regulations as well as increased border security.

I really do not see the point of a guest worker program. Were the "guest workers" subject to our wage laws there would really be little incentive to hire them and given the polls I have read, which I cannot now locate, a majority of mexicans would like to migrate north so I fail to see how allowing a small fraction of them in legally would do anything to slow illegal imigration. The slots fill up, then the rest just do what they are doing now.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before we start allowing imigrants to "work the fields", we need no unemployment hear.

If your able to work, but decide not to & there are jobs avalable. Why should the goverment give you money ?

Did not the bible state that a Man that dose not work, dose not eat ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums