United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
Oh no! A Republican and Libertarian both admitting fault and getting along!:D What is this world coming to???

That really shouldn't be that surprising. I'm a Christian before I'm Republican. And we're affiliated with Christ.. before we're affiliated with any political party.

Neverstop said:
When will we find the humility to cooperate?
When we learn to first look for.. and remove the fault in ourselves.. before being so quick to jump on the faults of others.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Harpuia said:
Also as I said, there is no question, and no reasonable doubt that the girl is in PVS. Whereas Terri Schiavo you at least had some questionable doubt upon her groans and "reflexes". This girl from what I hear has nothing.
There's a second article.. that says the child is now responding to stimuli.. and there are more tests needed. I moved the article to the first post.. for those who don't read through the thread. I think this is more proof that doctors don't have enough information on PVS. And that we certainly should be more careful in 'pulling the plug' on those diagnosed with PVS. The State was going to remove this child's life support based on the diagnosis of PVS from her doctors. As I said previously.. it's a good thing the child started responded when she did, or she wouldn't have stood a chance.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Petunia said:
That really shouldn't be that surprising. I'm a Christian before I'm Republican. And we're affiliated with Christ.. before we're affiliated with any political party.

Of course it was not suprising, but a lighthearted joke.:)

When we learn to first look for.. and remove the fault in ourselves.. before being so quick to jump on the faults of others.

Please, please do not take quotes from different posts (unless the entire post is quoted) because while it may not be intentional, the context is severely changed.

That being said, I agree we should first look inwards and continue to do so as we cooperate with each other.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
Please, please do not take quotes from different posts (unless the entire post is quoted) because while it may not be intentional, the context is severely changed.

Wasn't from a post. Was from scripture. :) Matt 7.. for anyone suspicious.^_^

That being said, I agree we should first look inwards and continue to do so as we cooperate with each other.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
Your post #41 took partial quotes from my posts #26 and #39...and yes, I am familiar (I think) with the scripture you were referring to.
Oh I see what you mean. Well.. the only thing I had a response to was 'when will we find the humility to cooperate'. I don't think we'll find 'humility' on any issue .. until we consider the words of Christ.

Neverstop said:
Fri. afternoon a talk show host (Michael Savage) took the opportunity of this little girl's tragedy to lambaste Dems and Libs. It is appalling to exploit the HELL this girl has gone through, and is still going through, to further one's political agenda.

What we need to do is realize our society's ills are not limited to Dems and Reps, but effect ALL people...and while the elite of both sides squabble as to who is right, more children like this suffer.

When will we find the humility to cooperate?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Petunia said:
Oh I see what you mean. Well.. the only thing I had a response to was 'when will we find the humility to cooperate'. I don't think we'll find 'humility' on any issue .. until we consider the words of Christ.

I agree, and it seems there is a huge gulf of problems on understanding Christ's words.

Upvote 0