✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well exactly simply put.
After all.the topic is not about your acheivments . but what place martial arts and other worldly persuits have in a holy spirit filled life .
What we desire in the flesh is of the flesh.
But if we walk in the spirit we will not fufil the desire of the flesh.
You see these are things we ARE told to do. Other wordly persuits of the flesh are of this world and we are not told to do them.
A disciple of the lord jesus is a student learning to become like his master..
To do what his master does ..
Thus martial arts still has no place in a holy spirit filled life .It wont make a persom more like jesus .he never practiced it.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol

Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-03.jpg

@Alithis in all seriousness,

1 Corinthians 8...look, this is an issue that spans many different things. not sure how long it will take you so i think i'll just recommend you read this for about...a month maybe? then come back and comment when you really catch this idea. I recommend some background and context study as well since it will help you see how relevant this passage is to this issue and others.

once you get this then maybe we can have a discussion that is worth having. for example, the bigger issue here is when to use our freedoms and when not too, the bigger issue is not what we do but rather being mindful of how what we do effects the faith of other believers, namely those who aren't strong yet in faith, like the ones who told Paul not to eat the meat because it was "demonic" and he might catch demon coodies or something. if you say martial arts is carnal then you put yourself back under the law, where everything becomes carnal.
When you post beginning with a goading picture.it is difficult to take you seriously at all. Your action immediatly denies your words.
Now instead of using an ambiguious text about food offered to idols..in order to attempt a justification .how about you present scripture which instructs us to follow worldy persuits ofmartial arts and comform ourselves to the worlds ways ?
Of course you cannot because such instruction is not in scripture.
So we must go on what IS in scripture ,not mans opinions.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is sad that people think if you say a recited prayer and then go live and do whatever you want..you will be saved.
No such teaching is in the scriptures of course.

How do you know that is what is happening? Have you met me? Have you met any of the ministers I have mentioned? Have you witnessed their ministry?

No, don't bother answering. I know what the answer is, you have ignored every question

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know that is what is happening? Have you met me? Have you met any of the ministers I have mentioned? Have you witnessed their ministry?

No, don't bother answering. I know what the answer is, you have ignored every question
Its not the topic.. The thread is not about you.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is never the opinions of men established upon non scriptural attitude which we are to adhere to simply to please the hearer.
Amd it is a common practice that those not please come to self justify.
But the word of God is true and he is faithfull to it.
We are to seek first his kingdom.
His will. Acknowledging him in All our ways..and in so doing he directs our paths.
Iv heard but one person ever testify that they acknowledged the lord and "he told " them to practice martial arts. That is what they said.but then they became angry and irritable after saying so.
So i have my doubts as to the validity of thier testimony .but testimonies are very personal. So i cant make that judgment.
But no one else has ever testified that the Holy spirit told them to practice martial arts.

You see the whole point is, we should not continue in wordly persuit and then use other "god things we do " to justify the wordly persuit.
Innocence needs no justification.
Therefore if what we do and practice is of Hod it is well.
Able did not have to justify his actions ..
Cain did ,but could not.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The thread is not about you.

You could have fooled me -
Each of these are addressed to me:

You practice martial arts.
Thus you seek to justify doing so .

Possibly you did not read the op of this thread.

you can do all of that equally effectively without ever having anything what so ever to do with

but your so intent on defending your hobby that your incorporating it unnecessarily

so the tree your speaking of is reproducing itself

The simple truth of the matter is that you have addressed me numerous times, what your have not addressed is any of the direct questions I have asked.

Yes this tree is in fact reproducing good fruit to the tune of thousands.martial arts is not the focus - it's a tool. When we teach, we teach scripture - we pray for one another, we meditate scriptures and have bible class off shoots.
Three of the fruit from this are now pastors over congregations of their own, a number have gone through Bible school.

That my Brother is NOT a justification, but evidence of the ministries effectiveness. The martial arts takes a distant seat, it's just a tool to give us a voice with people who might never come to a church.

And that is the truth, God is honored and glorified.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could have fooled me -
Each of these are addressed to me:

The simple truth of the matter is that you have addressed me numerous times, what your have not addressed is any of the direct questions I have asked.

Yes this tree is in fact reproducing good fruit to the tune of thousands.martial arts is not the focus - it's a tool. When we teach, we teach scripture - we pray for one another, we meditate scriptures and have bible class off shoots.
Three of the fruit from this are now pastors over congregations of their own, a number have gone through Bible school.

That my Brother is NOT a justification, but evidence of the ministries effectiveness. The martial arts takes a distant seat, it's just a tool to give us a voice with people who might never come to a church.

And that is the truth, God is honored and glorified.
They may well have become sunday organisation attendees .whether saved or not is not my call but Martial arts have played no part at all. For all the above is being achieved in even greater numbers by those who have nothing to do with martial arts.
And of course all those posts are adressed to you..im replying to you.
Dont be upset that i wont take the topic down every rabbit hole added questions try to dig.

Youve listed a list of things..then youhave pointed backwards at martial arts and used the "things" to justify the martial arts. The problem is ,God never told you to use them.he is saving people regardless. But that does not excuse it nor is it a validation from God. In scripture Jesus taught 12 and 70 students how to fish for men and make them also to be disciples who do the same. Thus the reproduce Christ.
Man too often ignores the lords teaching on how to do it..and does it his own way.
But by doing so he reproduces himself..not christ.
And that is how we get Sunday buildings full of people who sit for 20 years and do not act at all like Christ,they heal no sick,preach no Gospel,drive out no demons ,baptize no one and reproduce no disciples.
Because they are in fact disciples of a system that teaches them to go to a 2 hour meeting,be sports fanatics,do martial arts etc.. They are not students of Christ. For a student is one who is learning to become like his master. But for too many ..their man made system they nickname "church" ,is their master..and not Christ.
And that system is hybrid ..it brings forth non replicating fruit..fruit with no seed of life in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i must laugh, for one by direct action and the other by inference of agreement have left off the topic and been posting "at" me to the point of extreme goading ..you should not call some one "swine " merely because you do not agree with them .
if you return to the op you will observe that what is being promoted is the desire to love the lord Jesus above all else .. To cast of ones own agenda, to be fully engaged in doing his will, to be filled with and walk in the Holy Spirit ,honoring his will in the deepest love and gratitude towards him and desiring to have no part with the world .
One cannot say that the promotion of such attributes is the action of swine ..

But the reference to casting pearls is interesting ,for what is the "pearl in your life " is it JESUS ?..it should be . but if it is NOT JESUS then, what is it your casting that you feel is being trampled ? your not casting the gospel at my feet .your not casting any scripture which directs us to take up martial arts in obedience to the holy Spirit , so what is it that you consider to be pearls ,what is it that you value so highly as to name it pearls ? if i cast gravel at your feet i can not be offended by you trampling upon it for it has no value to me .

and this again is the whole point of the thread .. that we should desire to hear and obey the lord Jesus in EVERYTHING and be willing to cast of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is not originated in him ..this is part of loving the lord with ALL ones heart
and mind
and strength .
we should always allow ourselves t be challenged about what exactly it is in our lives that we value so highly as to call it pearls ,when its origin is not in god but in this worlds Spirit .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, your job has been tearing down. And looking down upon people. I'm just turning the light on and exposing you for what you truly are.
thanks for admitting your not addressing the topic but attacking this poster .

now back to the topic .
what is it we so value that we will not consider relinquishing it in order to know the will of God outworks through us . ? for if a holy Spirit filed person is indeed carrying the Spirit of God and the spirit of god has desire to go and do the will
of god ,how is he to do that if we are entirely absorbed in our own will ?
those who are led by the spirit of god are the children of god .. thus if we are led only by our own earthen minded will ,whose children are we .
1 john ch 3 states that those who "do" righteousness are of god and those who "do unrighteousness .. are of the devil" he states this is how we know which is which .
we must always be open to the lord speaking to us about ANYTHING in our life which he shows is not of him ,for he seeks only our further purifying but he also states through john that those who have the hope of Jesus in them also "purify themselves . that is they , but their own love for him desire to so please him that they separate themselves from absolutely ANYTHING he speaks to them about as not being Of him or His righteousness .

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Though some get tangeld into thinking its actually about martial arts alone.
In fact its merely an example of any worldy persuit which brings no glory to god.
Which God did not instruct his deciples to do and which take time and effort to persue for reasons that have absolutley nothing to do with God .
Such things are worldy persuits for worldly reasons.

The attempt to immediatly justify such persuits displays the love of them in the heart, is greater for the worldly persuit,then it is in the persuit of the kingdom of God and HIS rightousness.
Which his deciples are to seek First and foremost above all else.
Love for the lord Jesus is displayed, not by empty words on sunday morning,but by the actions of obedience in the persuit of HIS WILL ,not Our will.

King David would probably assure you that its OK to be proficient in martial arts and also to be a follower of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King David would probably assure you that its OK to be proficient in martial arts and also to be a follower of the Lord.
i'm sure he would have , (but if your just entering to defend martial arts then the points been missed ..( which admittedly it has been by most - But then i struggled to relay it well ) but then i'm also sure David would have had a fully different opinion had he become born again of the holy Spirit .. peter was of like mind to David .. BEFORE he was born again ,having a great zeal.. but a zeal founded in the earthen ways of doing things rather then the ways of the holy Spirit

in short , David was Not under the new covenant we are under .. and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal .... the weapons of his warfare were.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You start multiple threads all about how bad martial arts are - when people bring up anything that goes against your beliefs, you accuse them of 'defending'.

Is your goal to have a discussion, or to only have one side of the issue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You start multiple threads all about how bad martial arts are - when people bring up anything that goes against your beliefs, you accuse them of 'defending'.

Is your goal to have a discussion, or to only have one side of the issue?
please refer back to the OP and address it

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
now back to the topic .
what is it we so value that we will not consider relinquishing it in order to know the will of God outworks through us . ? for if a holy Spirit filed person is indeed carrying the Spirit of God and the spirit of god has desire to go and do the will
of god ,how is he to do that if we are entirely absorbed in our own will ?
those who are led by the spirit of god are the children of god .. thus if we are led only by our own earthen minded will ,whose children are we .
1 john ch 3 states that those who "do" righteousness are of god and those who "do unrighteousness .. are of the devil" he states this is how we know which is which .
we must always be open to the lord speaking to us about ANYTHING in our life which he shows is not of him ,for he seeks only our further purifying but he also states through john that those who have the hope of Jesus in them also "purify themselves . that is they , but their own love for him desire to so please him that they separate themselves from absolutely ANYTHING he speaks to them about as not being Of him or His righteousness .

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
I think your last sentence says it all. It is dependent on what it is that the Lord personally speaks to us about as to what we personally need to stay away from in our walk with Him. And that means sometimes what one person needs to give up will be different to another person. Its not the same for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your last sentence says it all. It is dependent on what it is that the Lord personally speaks to us about as to what we personally need to stay away from in our walk with Him. And that means sometimes what one person needs to give up will be different to another person. Its not the same for everyone.
yes absolutely, we must always, without exception ,obey the lord in what he is speaking to us personally about presently .:)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is the essence and the precept we are speaking of ,whatever the 'thing ' may be for the individual .. when confronted with it we should be immediately wiling to cast it from us ,to follow Jesus . such should be our love for hmm that we are seeking things of worldliness that we can cast off .. that we can purify ourselves .. yes because of our hope this is something we do , we purify ourselves .. totally scriptural .
we should not hold tightly to anything of this world or the spirit of this world nor ever seek to justify it in our lives .

Upvote 0