USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For you Alithis.. its very clear for you it would be wrong. What so many of us dont see or understand is how we should talk to others about things like this? Well Paul walked around looking at all their stuff and what they worshipped and found the "unknown god". Look how WE would talk to them today. All he said was "ignorantly worship". Or the others that when all the people wanted to get them hurt them.. a man stands up and tells them.. these guys never ones made fun of bashed trashed talked said your EVIL WICKED people.. lol so to speak about their false gods. They never once made fun of them or their gods. Do you see?

And during that time no one could just walk up and say anything..you did here. It was asked "who are you, who knows you, how long have you walked in what you preach/teach" then they would go off and pray for a very long time. The 12 could say SOME things for they earned the right. Forgive me but you can say it all you want. It just comes from you and how you feel. Even if it was "thus says the lord" .. the lord would have already told that person 1st and then it would be a confirmation.

There are here I would believe that have been where some time. So it would be wise to listen to them and I am not talking about me lol. We can at times get things twisted. I mean by that what is meant for us we try to tell all yet it was meant for us. We are free. Billions do good and bad things every day and you think GOD does not see it? How would you treat someone that you gave full freedom that you will never judge or condemn? And then what if they are not as strong in the faith as you are but weaker? Your love for Christ is awesome!

We are not His police force. I respect what you are trying to do. But faith and prayer are so strong and have more power then you will ever know. Have faith and pray for...that your Father is REALLY REALLY REALLY good at what HE does. He does not need us for ANY of this. He choose to use us THANK YOU FATHER! Always treat others the way you want to be treated :) and thanks for this

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
th

Oh my brother. Reminded me and I had to go look. I once saw this kind of picture and keep it. Shows in black and white a dead horse and a man with a stick over it saying "...I tink I saw it still moving....".. you made me laugh

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For you Alithis.. its very clear for you it would be wrong. What so many of us dont see or understand is how we should talk to others about things like this? Well Paul walked around looking at all their stuff and what they worshipped and found the "unknown god". Look how WE would talk to them today. All he said was "ignorantly worship". Or the others that when all the people wanted to get them hurt them.. a man stands up and tells them.. these guys never ones made fun of bashed trashed talked said your EVIL WICKED people.. lol so to speak about their false gods. They never once made fun of them or their gods. Do you see?

And during that time no one could just walk up and say anything..you did here. It was asked "who are you, who knows you, how long have you walked in what you preach/teach" then they would go off and pray for a very long time. The 12 could say SOME things for they earned the right. Forgive me but you can say it all you want. It just comes from you and how you feel. Even if it was "thus says the lord" .. the lord would have already told that person 1st and then it would be a confirmation.

There are here I would believe that have been where some time. So it would be wise to listen to them and I am not talking about me lol. We can at times get things twisted. I mean by that what is meant for us we try to tell all yet it was meant for us. We are free. Billions do good and bad things every day and you think GOD does not see it? How would you treat someone that you gave full freedom that you will never judge or condemn? And then what if they are not as strong in the faith as you are but weaker? Your love for Christ is awesome!

We are not His police force. I respect what you are trying to do. But faith and prayer are so strong and have more power then you will ever know. Have faith and pray for...that your Father is REALLY REALLY REALLY good at what HE does. He does not need us for ANY of this. He choose to use us THANK YOU FATHER! Always treat others the way you want to be treated :) and thanks for this
Quite a lot of waffle here really.
After all ,im not speaking to the unsaved,nor judging the world ,nor the church. So if you would like to present some scripture to display what part martial arts plays in a holy spirit filled life ..according to scripture..im listening :)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man, I'll bet the op has zero and I mean zero friends. All his post are argumentative and baiting or trolling people. And this is the Spirit filled section? Which spirit? Clear to see. Judge a man by his fruit. His....is......?
This addressesthe topic of a holy spirit life ..how exactly ?
Are we deciples of the lord Jesus or deciples of the world..whom are we to obey?
To whom are we to be renewed and transformed into?
To whom are we Not to conform.?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You practice martial arts.
Thus you seek to justify doing so .
But why? Im not a judge of you .
Innocence needs no justification .
If you do well them that is well.. If not sin crouches at the door. (Its a matter of scriptural principle )
Walking in and obeying the holy spirit.
To do Gods will not ones own.
"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God." much to think about there.
Possibly you did not read the op of this thread.but assumed by its title it was about something else.
But "martial arts" can be removed and one can "insert here"what ever worldly minded pastime it is that hinders thier obedience to the holy spirit od the lord Jesus..whom they profess with their mouths to follow...
-this is the goading considerations raised in the thread topic. To challange that the status quo is not automatically acceptable just because it has seemed so in the past.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what do you consider the thousands of people who accepted Christ as their Lord and Saviour through the ministry?

It is by no means goading to provide links where the conversation has shown there are ministries who use martial arts as an outreach. Taking what was meant for evil and using it to glorify God.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lord lord we did this and we did that in your name..... That sort of thing you mean ?

No more like producing fruit. Leading people to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Then helping disciple them and help then get involved with local churches. I think we call it evangelizing.

That's the sort of thing I mean.

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No more like producing fruit. Leading people to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Then helping disciple them and help then get involved with local churches. I think we call it evangelizing.

That's the sort of thing I mean.

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
So in fact martial arts plays no part in it at all.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in fact martial arts plays no part in it at all.

I beg to differ, as mentioned in the other threads I know several martial artists who use it as an outreach tool. They evangelize youth and adults and see great fruit. Changed lives, healed bodies, people walking in holiness and dedicating the elves to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Tennisplayer

Aug 11, 2012
Home
✟184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
alithis you seem to have a lot of issues. Where is the sweet spirit of the Lord? You seem full of pent up anger with your lashing out at everyone. Most of your posts make no sense.

Where is martial arts in the Bible? Seriously? So answer this based upon your wacky non biblical ramblings......I don't see chicken noodle soup in the Bible......so it must be a sin too! Oops, I'll bet you are using an iPad or a computer to post......I don't see that in the Bible either...must be a sin.

Your holy than everyone attitude is just like the Pharisees. Trying to corner and trap people is also like the Pharisees trying to trick Jesus. You are doing exactly the same.

You tried to say I was a sinner because I liked tennis. You are clueless, I used that handle because everything I tried was taken and tennis was playing on the tv so I used it! You are so far off base.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
alithis you seem to have a lot of issues. Where is the sweet spirit of the Lord? You seem full of pent up anger with your lashing out at everyone. Most of your posts make no sense.

Where is martial arts in the Bible? Seriously? So answer this based upon your wacky non biblical ramblings......I don't see chicken noodle soup in the Bible......so it must be a sin too! Oops, I'll bet you are using an iPad or a computer to post......I don't see that in the Bible either...must be a sin.

Your holy than everyone attitude is just like the Pharisees. Trying to corner and trap people is also like the Pharisees trying to trick Jesus. You are doing exactly the same.

You tried to say I was a sinner because I liked tennis. You are clueless, I used that handle because everything I tried was taken and tennis was playing on the tv so I used it! You are so far off base.
you fully misinterpreted what i said and i'm not going to rehash it . please discuss the topic and stop making personal insulting comments . thanks .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I beg to differ, as mentioned in the other threads I know several martial artists who use it as an outreach tool. They evangelize youth and adults and see great fruit. Changed lives, healed bodies, people walking in holiness and dedicating the elves to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
yes but you see Martial arts did nothing of that . nothing at all .it did not save them ,heal them and certainly did not set them free from worldly demonic oppression . the gospel does that . you can do all of that equally effectively without ever having anything what so ever to do with martial arts .And even more effectively by doing the ministry of the gospel the way Jesus taught it to be done . its diverting yet again from the op point . but your so intent on defending your hobby that your incorporating it unnecessarily into the work of the gospel . it is completely superfluous to it . and is being maintained not for the gospels sake but as a means to justify the continued practice of it by those who desire to remain in it . and that is the deceptive way of the spirit of this world .. come out and be separate .. be holy .whatever it is one needs to come out of . martial arts is only ONE example .as you know .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes but you see Martial arts did nothing of that . nothing at all .it did not save them ,heal them and certainly did not set them free from worldly demonic oppression . the gospel does that . you can do all of that equally effectively without ever having anything what so ever to do with martial arts .And even more effectively by doing the ministry of the gospel the way Jesus taught it to be done . its diverting yet again from the op point . but your so intent on defending your hobby that your incorporating it unnecessarily into the work of the gospel . it is completely superfluous to it . and is being maintained not for the gospels sake but as a means to justify the continued practice of it by those who desire to remain in it . and that is the deceptive way of the spirit of this world .. come out and be separate .. be holy .whatever it is one needs to come out of . martial arts is only ONE example .as you know .

Now I would ask you the same thing you ask others. And that is to refrain from personal insults and judgements.

I've seen many out reaches using puppets, martial arts, magicians, comedians and even whole circuses, we use drama and dance. We hold Hallelujah Feativals, Christmas plays, Easter pageants

We hold feeding and clothing outreaches. We bring in doctors and dentist.

All methods of reaching out to the lost and hurting. The fruit of which is evident in the churches we have helped and planted and our church on a 12 year growth.

It's all about reaching the lost and introducing them to Jesus. Helping make disciples, training them and setting them loose to do the same.

If you have a thing with martial arts ok. State your objection and then let it. Rest.

You see nothing but evil, OK

I see something meant for evil and it being transformed into a tool for the Gospel to be preached.

I think it says somewhere that a good tree cannot produce bad fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.

Well my friend we have decades of good fruit through this outreach. Four churches are lead by pastors who came to Christ through the outreach.

That's the simple truth and it all glorifies God!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I would ask you the same thing you ask others. And that is to refrain from personal insults and judgements.

I've seen many out reaches using puppets, martial arts, magicians, comedians and even whole circuses, we use drama and dance. We hold Hallelujah Feativals, Christmas plays, Easter pageants

We hold feeding and clothing outreaches. We bring in doctors and dentist.

All methods of reaching out to the lost and hurting. The fruit of which is evident in the churches we have helped and planted and our church on a 12 year growth.

It's all about reaching the lost and introducing them to Jesus. Helping make disciples, training them and setting them loose to do the same.

If you have a thing with martial arts ok. State your objection and then let it. Rest.

You see nothing but evil, OK

I see something meant for evil and it being transformed into a tool for the Gospel to be preached.

I think it says somewhere that a good tree cannot produce bad fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.

Well my friend we have decades of good fruit through this outreach. Four churches are lead by pastors who came to Christ through the outreach.

That's the simple truth and it all glorifies God!
you will have to repost where i " have stated your name and made a personal insult at you" in order to clear yourself of a rather ambiguous and falsified accusation.
as to the topic it remains the same .. in truth none of 'that' saved them . your using all the things done as a list to justify continuance of a practice rooted in this world and not the kingdom of God .as iv said before i don't care about boxes they have gone on to build encapsulating people in seats for 2 hours on a Sunday ,taking some money from them to cover the costs and their incomes singing some nice songs then going off to live their own wills .. that is not Gods church that mans organisations . I spent far too many years in that system learning about the Manuel but never how to live it .
a good tree brings forth good fruit .. the truth is a tree brings forth fruit of the same type the tree is . so the tree your speaking of is reproducing itself . More people who are being taught that it is ok to hold to the things of this world and not be separated from it and unto God alone .Thus what fruit it is up to God to decide .. not us . for the testing is in the fire and the fire comes and then and only then will it be shown what has been built whether it be gold silver or precious stone ..or straw and chaff .

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
lol

Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-03.jpg

@Alithis in all seriousness,

1 Corinthians 8...look, this is an issue that spans many different things. not sure how long it will take you so i think i'll just recommend you read this for about...a month maybe? then come back and comment when you really catch this idea. I recommend some background and context study as well since it will help you see how relevant this passage is to this issue and others.

once you get this then maybe we can have a discussion that is worth having. for example, the bigger issue here is when to use our freedoms and when not too, the bigger issue is not what we do but rather being mindful of how what we do effects the faith of other believers, namely those who aren't strong yet in faith, like the ones who told Paul not to eat the meat because it was "demonic" and he might catch demon coodies or something. if you say martial arts is carnal then you put yourself back under the law, where everything becomes carnal.

Upvote 0