Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though some get tangeld into thinking its actually about martial arts alone.
In fact its merely an example of any worldy persuit which brings no glory to god.
Which God did not instruct his deciples to do and which take time and effort to persue for reasons that have absolutley nothing to do with God .
Such things are worldy persuits for worldly reasons.

The attempt to immediatly justify such persuits displays the love of them in the heart, is greater for the worldly persuit,then it is in the persuit of the kingdom of God and HIS rightousness.
Which his deciples are to seek First and foremost above all else.
Love for the lord Jesus is displayed, not by empty words on sunday morning,but by the actions of obedience in the persuit of HIS WILL ,not Our will.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Easier said than done ...
exactly .. that is why many say it .. and few do it , yet obedience is not difficult .
we ALWAYS obey the one we love the most
always follow the one we love the most
Always do what we love the most.

when we love some one , it is NEVER difficult to DO what pleases them ... :)

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
exactly .. that is why many say it .. and few do it , yet obedience is not difficult .
we ALWAYS obey the one we love the most
always follow the one we love the most
Always do what we love the most.

when we love some one , it is NEVER difficult to DO what pleases them ... :)

not sure what kind of obedience you're talking about but imho obedience costs and is difficult at times.. it's naive to think obedience is always easy.. just ask the martyrs (present day and those in the past). why else would we need Jesus' help if it were easy.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2016
earth
✟7,973.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Though some get tangeld into thinking its actually about martial arts alone.
In fact its merely an example of any worldy persuit which brings no glory to god.
Which God did not instruct his deciples to do and which take time and effort to persue for reasons that have absolutley nothing to do with God .
Such things are worldy persuits for worldly reasons.

The attempt to immediatly justify such persuits displays the love of them in the heart, is greater for the worldly persuit,then it is in the persuit of the kingdom of God and HIS rightousness.
Which his deciples are to seek First and foremost above all else.
Love for the lord Jesus is displayed, not by empty words on sunday morning,but by the actions of obedience in the persuit of HIS WILL ,not Our will.

All hobbies are worldly pursuits. The only hobby a Christian can have is strict obedience to the word.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Education too. Science, math, language, art - if it's not solely based on scripture, it's evil and has no place in a spirit filled life. Right?
If your approaching it from. Carnal mindset .but a holy spirit filled life is all about listening to and obeying the holy spirit.
As its written,acknowledge the lord in all your ways and he will direct your path.
I know in all confidence that he will not direct us into any persuit that is not in concord to his work within us and glorifying the lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not sure what kind of obedience you're talking about but imho obedience costs and is difficult at times.. it's naive to think obedience is always easy.. just ask the martyrs (present day and those in the past). why else would we need Jesus' help if it were easy.
Difficult does not mean undoable..why did they /do they ,perservere through such difficulty ?..for love of course.
And we know that love conquers all .when a matter is setteld in your heart.. It is not difficult to see that matter through.
Just so,when we die to self in any matter, there is only christ in us to live .

And he has no difficulty doing his own good and perfect will.

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Well you seem to have it all figured out .. Good for you that you always obey in all things ..

For me I know I am weak and fallible at times and God knows that as well. I do what i can and God in His mercy honors those steps of faith, but I couldn't with integrity say I always obey and that it is easy. To me if I said that it would be self righteous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
now if i was to live by that mindset id be rather depressed all the time .
but no ,we renew our minds to agree with God ... every day we must do so . that way our outer demeanor and action is consistently bought into subjection to the word of god and his life flows out from us . for we do not love by sight .. but by the faith of the lord Jesus .our spirit is made holy and alive by the holy Ghost .. we must renew our minds consistently to abide adhere and conform to the holy Spirit and the righteousness of god .. not OUR righteousness but His ... every moment .
we can only live "this moment here and now " .
so we only need obey him in this moment .. every moment and we will abide in him and he in us and we will not sin nor pursue that which is not Of him .for we cannot persue our own wil and his ,in the same moment .
he has set us free
made us rightous
justified us
made us a new creation
made us more then over comers
made us co hiers with chrsit .
bought us OUT of the kingdom of darkness and INTO the glorious Kingdom of the son whom he loves .
we ARE free from the dominion of Sin
the flesh is weak, but what is it weak against? but that which is stronger !.. and nothing is stronger then the holy spirit of the one true living God and he works in us to do HIS will /
The flesh is too weak to resist the Holy spirit within us .it cannot do its own thing unless we agree with it and choose to obey it instead of obey the holy Spirit . (that is to say a born again person cannot pursue their own will accidentally , they must choose to )
we have been given all this power over sin .by the gracious acts of god in sending his son to become sin and then nail that sin and its power to the cross and so defeat it once and for all . and if it is defeated then how are we to say we are weak when we have been buried with him into his death and it is now Christ that lives in us .. shall we then say that chrsit is weak and frail.. of course not , he is mighty and victorious eternally . this again is why we must consistently renew our minds , change how we think and what we speak to make it agree with the truth of the power and the victory of the lord Jesus .

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
th

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i don't view any of the principles of scripture instructing us in an holy Spirit filled life to be a dead horse .
though those who refuse to live in them may be ..

I consider multiple threads denouncing martial arts over and over to be beating a dead horse.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So you certainly havnt been reading the OP i see.

I read it, and your quick subject change. My first thought was it was a deceptive bait-and-switch.

Nevertheless, you did also hit on martial arts...again, beating that dead horse over, and over, and over again.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read it, and your quick subject change. My first thought was it was a deceptive bait-and-switch.

Nevertheless, you did also hit on martial arts...again, beating that dead horse over, and over, and over again.
if you go back over the threads (which would be the one and same thread if some has not entered ..got offended and started banging away on the report button ) you will find that it has always been the point .. there are things in life people hold dear to themselves as a form of idolatry and it is only when it is challenged that it become plainly evident by their rushed defense of it .what ever "it" may be .
you should have seen the response i got a year ago when i openly stated that following sports stars and teams is also idolatry .. you would think i had murdered children or something .
my my my .'

as i always like to say .. if you want to know whether something an idol in a persons life .. shake the shelf they sit it on and see if they rush to its defense .;)

but which part of the horse is dead do you think / is it a dead precept to promote seeking the will of god first and above ALL else in life .. did this concept vanish from the scriptures ?

after all ,it is very easy to enter a thread ..call it a dead horse and contribute nothing ..
as the old saying goes , any one can tear down a house with a hammer and a saw .. but it take a skill to build one .

Upvote 0