Married Teacher Fired Over Premarital Sex

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Quite right. It is unbelievable to behave like this.

Nobody goes around asking, 'When was your baby conceived; in or out of marriage.' Especially not people with Christian values. The appropriate Christian response is, 'Congratulations!'

Well, I think it is ok for the baby to ask when they get older, being it concerned them. I personally was born 10 months after my parents married. The problem is, I was born a month and a half over due. But, as you said, the math behind this isn't a simple counting out nine months, because the actual date can be a bit harm to determine, if not impossible to determine years later.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Back to my question: doesn't congratulating them imply approval of their behavior?

I'm actually currently struggling with this concept. When I travel to my home town in August, a baby shower is being held for my cousin, who is pregnant and unwed. I have been invited to the shower. The family knows I do not approve of her situation and I've told her she should adopt the baby out. She is unstable and her parents have done a jolly mess of wrecking her life as well. This baby has the odds stacked against her even while she's in the womb. And yet they invited me to her shower, probably because they know I will give a gift.

My conundrum is that I want to be there for this child but I do not want to give off the impression that I agree or approve of her decisions that led to this baby shower.

At any rate, the school has the right to ask whatever questions they want because they're a private Christian school. And that pesky little thing called separation of church and state should prohibit the government from stepping in and calling foul...when that card gets played, the government loses any control it may have had in my opinion.

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
I agree with the previous poster. The church we attended once would not hold a baby shower for a woman who was pregnant outside of wedlock.

It's a very sticky situation because on the one hand, you do want to make sure their needs are met but, on the other, there is still the issue of sin.

In our church, we would make sure that mother and child have all of the resources they need, but wouldn't hold a shower. And there's also the issue of church discipline for having committed the sin of fornication.

Both should be done lovingly and with the purpose of restoring a sister in Christ who has fallen into sin. In our modern American society, we're so conditioned to believe that speaking out about sin cannot be loving, but there are ways to lovingly serve someone and yet, still hold them accountable for their sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She was in a committed relationship which probably hadn't go through the formalities yet because of probably some trivial reason for picking the date they did. This is very different than those who have sex with other people with no commitment and just for fun.

The thing is she admitted that her child had been conceived about three weeks before her wedding and that follows under fornication. Sex outside of wedlock is a sin and against the school's rules so she was fired and since this is a private christian school, the school will win. This christian school seems to be following the bible in this regard, for a teacher that is teaching biblical doctrine should be held to higher standard.

This goes against the secular worldview, but it is consistent with a christian worldview. God Bless

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It will be.
Everyday I am reminded that love is far from the most important thing to many christians and their idea of God. She was in a loving and commited relationship, but because the requisite rituals and paperwork wasn't done before hand, Sinner!!

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Everyday I am reminded that love is far from the most important thing to many christians and their idea of God. She was in a loving and commited relationship, but because the requisite rituals and paperwork wasn't done before hand, Sinner!!

I wonder how important love was to her boyfirend. After all, if you love somebody, you don't encourage them to sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then that's a very warped view of love you have there.
Love was dating my wife for 5 years before we got married, most of that time spent slowly helping her overcome her trauma from sexual abuse when she was a little girl. Eventually, she overcame it and we made love. Was it a sin? According to you, but for us it was pure love and nothing to be ashamed about. My view on love is clear as day.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Love was dating my wife for 5 years before we got married, most of that time spent slowly helping her overcome her trauma from sexual abuse when she was a little girl. Eventually, she overcame it and we made love. Was it a sin? According to you, but for us it was pure love and nothing to be ashamed about. My view on love is clear as day.

Like I said, if you love somebody, then you don't encourage them to sin.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

that's a secular worldview of love and goes hand-in-hand with the idea that if it feels good, it must be okay.

Since this was not a secular school, secular viewpoints don't matter. Whether you agree that sex before marriage is sinful or not is irrelevant to this case.

Upvote 0