Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The NC Amendment that was passed forbids nothing. It only states that the definition of marriage in the NC Constitiution remains that of between one man and one woman. The state joins about 30 others--and that's more than just the southern states--with a legal definition in which marriage is something unique--not just two individuals "getting it on".

Although the state already had a law concerning same-sex marriage, they saw the laws in other states being challenged and sometimes overturned by activist--one time it was only a sole judicial activist--and wisely had the people vote to define what marriage is in their Constituition. (Marriage had never been defined before--even the Rev. Billy Graham never thought that it would have to be.)

Some of you are so busy screaming about wanting same-sex marriage that you don't even realize that nothing was forbidden. And nothing really has been--even in the south. In the 50s my mother remembered that her male boss had a male girlfriend "with benefits". In some old movies, often the great fashion designers were often depicted as homosexuals and they weren't exactly living the chaste life (awful sterotype but some modern movies are worse--"In or Out" informed the viewers that wanted to believe, that if a person liked to dance or liked Barbara Streisand songs, he was homosexual). That old movie, "The Birdcage" featured a homosexual couple that were living together. And in the 80s the steam baths in New York were known for homosexual "activities".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

christseeker45

2012053148marriage_north_carolina_3_front.jpg

The reason Amendment One to the North Carolina Constitution passed overwhelmingly on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 is because people know the truth.That is what led North Carolinians to affirm that "marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State." Any news source that led their report on the overwhelming victory for marriage in North Carolina with headlines such as "Gay Marriage defeated" or "Marriage Equality Dealt a Setback" is promoting the propaganda of the Homosexual Equivalency movement.
Full Story
Praise The Lord on High!

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And so was the martyrdom of our first Pope. Your point?

That bananas are evil and must be destroyed. I ate one this morning, but I don't see you doing your part.

Lawmaking is not freedom of speech and this is not people expressing their opinion.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That bananas are evil and must be destroyed. I ate one this morning, but I don't see you doing your part.

Well, they keep planting the darn things. (If they really wanted us to destroy them, they would stop planting the trees. I know that I've had more than my share of the blasted fruit.) :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Would you feel more comfortable if one of Rush's ex-spouses had been male?

Four wives gathered and disposed for his entertainment and with no children. I would feel no less uncomfortable.

I still can't imagine one woman let along four (plus the women he has on his sex holidays) going for Rush. yuck!

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
KatherineS said:
Four wives gathered and disposed for his entertainment and with no children. I would feel no less uncomfortable.

I still can't imagine one woman let along four (plus the women he has on his sex holidays) going for Rush. yuck!

Such a moral leader, Rush.

Now here's a little preview: pleas to detection and ad hominem will come. Usually that would be true, but we are talking about an unrepentant whoremonger who has four wives pontificating about the sanctity of marriage. His behavior is most certainly relevant!

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Such a moral leader, Rush.

What leader is that? He's not the "Prezie of the United Stezie". And he's not gaffe-a-minute Biden, or "Prince Harry Reid" (who thinks that elderly *love* junk mail) or the leader of either the Dem or Repub party, and not the presumptive Repub candidate. And he certainly isn't the Pope, or head of the USCCB. As far as I know, he's just a commentator--not a saint. (Of course one doesn't have to be a saint to know the obvious. And I hear that even saints haven't been perfect at all times.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AMDG said:
What leader is that? He's not the "Prezie of the United Stezie". And he's not gaffe-a-minute Biden, or "Prince Harry Reid" (who thinks that elderly *love* junk mail)

Seriously, after such a junior high school level name calling session like this, do you expect anyone to read the rest for anything more than entertainment value?

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for punishment.

[or] or the leader of either the Dem or Repub party, and not the presumptive Repub candidate. And he certainly isn't the Pope, or head of the USCCB. As far as I know, he's just a commentator--not a saint. (Of course one doesn't have to be a saint to know the obvious. And I hear that even saints haven't been perfect at all times.)[/QUOTE]

No, he's just everywhere on the radio. On two or more stations in some towns. He's also a hypocrite (by his own actions) and it needs pointing out.

The Church, at least has the moral authority to speak. Outside of that, one best be above reproach if they're going to pontificate on morals.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, he's just everywhere on the radio. On two or more stations in some towns.

Are you for real? Just last week I managaged to catch Rush Limbaugh for the very *first* time. (I'll admit that mostly I listen to Sacred Heart radio, but I just love these assertions by you liberals. You seem to be more interested in Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and FOX news that this Conservative ever was!) Small hint to you--just because you listen to those stations (or those stations that carry these people) doesn't mean that everyone does.

And about hypocrisy--when you have a person who is publically caught in "evolving" or "compression" or whatever he calls it, it's more like "the pot calling kettle black." ^_^

Don't forget Obama had himself an affair with Larry Sinclair, but when it became politically expedient for him not to be for same-sex marriage, he thought nothing of lying to the people in order to get elected and then (much to our surprise) refused to support a validly signed Congressional law such as DOMA but when he could get money from George Clooney and the Hollywood crowd, he came out with the truth. Even his spiritual advisor warned him against this, but all Obama could see was the mucho $$$ he'd get from the Hollywood crowd. If you don't think this was a political expedient decision, you are just fooling yourself.

Upvote 0