Marriage: Day of the week?

What day did you get/do you want to get married on?

• Monday

• Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

• Sunday

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What is a civil ceremony? Why do u need a witness I thought the priest guy does it

A civil ceremony is a government ceremony. We did not have a church wedding, because my husband and I were homeless. We eloped because my family had taken to locking me in my bedroom.

The government requires a witness for the ceremony. My family did not want me marrying my husband anyway (They had arranged a marriage for me and was offered $25,000 for me... so I essentially had cheated them out of 25k dollars... regardless of the fact that this was essentially illegal.) So we had to pay for a government provided witness.

Upvote 0

Dreamer8

Jul 21, 2012
✟595.00
Faith
Judaism
Nienna_Lady_of_Tears said:
A civil ceremony is a government ceremony. We did not have a church wedding, because my husband and I were homeless. We eloped because my family had taken to locking me in my bedroom.

The government requires a witness for the ceremony. My family did not want me marrying my husband anyway (They had arranged a marriage for me and was offered $25,000 for me... so I essentially had cheated them out of 25k dollars... regardless of the fact that this was essentially illegal.) So we had to pay for a government provided witness.

Oh wow
Are uu guys doing better? Are u and uur family cool now too?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Don't get married on a holiday...it is a lousy day to have an anniversary on...your anniversary always takes a backseat to family activities...especially after the kid come.

I also would recommend that you don't get married the first couple weeks in September. It maybe a great time for a wedding...but again, once the kids come, school is starting and there is more stuff going than you can shake a stick at.

I got married 3 days before my birthday. Not something I would have chosen but we were getting married before my hubby shipped out for another deployment (in the Navy). It was right after Desert Storm and Saddam was making more noise. I was going to be "next of kin" if a war started again instead of gf which means absolutely nothing.

The upside of that was...that our anniversary fell within days of the opening of Bowhunting season (something that he neglected to tell me), he never forgot our anniversary though he did try to get out of celebrating it on the weekend. :) Also, he didn't forget my birthday cause he knew it came right afterwards sometime. LOL.

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
So I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I would prefer to not get married on a holiday (a national holiday, not "hug a stranger" type holidays lol) or on a close relative or friends birthday. For example, I know about 3 cfers who got married on the same day and someone else who has a b-day on that same day. I really dont want that to happen. lol Now of course realistically speaking I know things change from day to day and with my luck we will pick out a date and someone will either have a wedding, or have a child on that day lol So its not the end of the world if the wedding is shared.

Anyhow enough rambling. My question is for those married and engaged, what day of the week did you choose to get married on?

For those not married, do you have a preference on what day of the week you want your wedding on?

Why? What about holidays are they a no no to get married on in your opinion or fine?

My fiance and I are getting married next month. We chose Thursday September 13th

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
most people seem to choose Saturdays.

I have no preference for a day of the week. Just whatever works.

I have always thought a Christmas eve wedding would be highly romantic, because thats my favourite night of the year. But I think if I ever managed to pull that off it'd be for an elopement scenario. I wouldn't dream of asking all our friends and family to come to my wedding on Christmas Eve.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Friday or Saturday would work for me. Unless I don't want that many people coming then I'd just pick a Wednesday. :p

No Holidays. I just find that tacky. And you can't work around everyone's birthday. Heck, my sister almost got married near my birthday. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ruenie88

Aug 28, 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I always say a Saturday, because usually that's when most people can be in attendance, however with the time in today's lifestyle people nowadays tend to work on weekends as well, so really there isn't any good days. I have resorted to a JP wedding (Justice of the Peace), simply because I've been engaged twice, and I'm not big into planning and having a whole shindig! :) Though I think 4th of July would be a cute one, because that's when a lot of people are free, and my idea is a country wedding, sitting on bales of hay, cowboy boot, firing of riffles, and my groom drives the tractor while I sit up beside him while he takes us to the reception where there's a bbq! :) That's my thing! :)

Upvote 0

Observer

Observer
Sep 29, 2004
Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Plenty of people work on weekends. I certainly do.

I got married on Sunday because it was much cheaper at the reception place than a Saturday because everyone wants to get married on saturday

My friend got married on new years day. It meant that I could not celebrate new years eve with my husband because I had to fly out to go to her wedding. I don't like it when weddings coincide with other major events like christmas, new years, etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums