marijuana and Christianity?

gibsonlp37

Nov 16, 2012
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
please keep an open mind while reading this.

how is marijuana (medical and recreational use) so bad? it's used to treat about everything, so why would you need a doctor to say you are aloud to use marijuana?

it doesn't kill brain cells, make you stupid, or anything like that, and it's less addictive than caffeine. it's proven to not cause any physical dependancy.

God made marijuana, right?

there are ways to consume marijuana without harming your lungs. so the argument that god doesn't want us to harm out body is not valid.

if legality is the issue... slavery was once legal, Christianity is illegal I some countries. legality is a horrible way to base your morals.

Noogah

Feb 4, 2011
✟7,645.00
Faith
Baptist
There is nothing in the Bible that makes me think the use of marijuana is sinful.

However, that does not mean that any use of marijuana is not sinful.

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." - 1 Corinthians 6:12

If there are legitimate medical uses for marijuana, then I do not think they are sinful, any more than narcotics are sinful.

Recreational use on the other hand:

1. Causes addiction, and then dependency. As Christians, we must not be controlled by substances, such as alcohol. Refer to the scripture above.
2. Is likely harmful to the mind and brain, and our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19).
3. Is illegal, and we are supposed to "be subject unto the higher powers." (Romans 13:1)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AFollowerOfTheWay777

Worshipper Of Abba
Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
✟7,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psychoactive Cannabis Sativa/Indica was indeed created by our heavenly Creator-Father, and yes, it can be effectively used as medicine. Even though it has many wonderful uses and benefits,...just like anything else,...it can also become abused and likewise, addictive at least psychologically, and to some people, also physically. The highly potent strains nowadays are FAR stronger than the older versions throughout history, and thus, the potential for addiction is much higher,...as confirmed by the many thousands of people annually who have entered rehabilitation centers to help break their addictions.

Also,...whenever a person alters their consciousness beyond the scope of what the Bible Scriptures morally allow,...it CAN open up that person's mind/consciousness to greater measures of influence by the forces of darkness. I KNOW what it is I speak of,...for after over 20 years being deeply involved with occultism, drugs, etc. (prior to becoming delivered and set free),...this type of activity occurs more often than most folks realize, and leads to all sorts of trouble in the long term. Whenever you play with fire,...you can easily get burned...

The Scriptures also speak of wine being used for medicinal purposes. However,...they also condemn the use of alcohol whenever it is used for the express purpose of intoxication and drunkenness. One of the nine "fruit of the Spirit" is "self-control",...and whenever a person becomes intoxicated and drunk, stoned, or whatever the altered state of consciousness is called,...they are in effect also losing some measure of self-control, and have transgressed the commandments by negatively altering the body and mind, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit (who easily becomes grieved, quenched and vexed whenever we walk in the fallen carnal, self-centered nature).

First of all,....obey the laws of the land,...and do not smoke Cannabis whenever it is illegal in your state, and can potentially destroy your life (as well as those within the family) if caught/busted by the authorities. However,...if it is legal in your state,...then use it as the Holy Spirit leads/guides for medicinal (NOT recreational) purposes, with seasoned wisdom while abiding in self-control at all times, for the glory of God the father which brings for life and blessing,...rather than for the glory of the fallen self-nature(ego) which brings for death/destruction.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Recreational use on the other hand:

1. Causes addiction, and then dependency.
Pot is not addictive. One can become psychologically dependent, but there is no biological addiction.

And no, I don't smoke pot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
That's not relevant. When did I profess to be perfect anyway? Don't badmouth me because you're butthurt lol.
I'm simply responding to your post. You criticized people for smoking because it is bad for their health. Well, it is bad for your health to consume sugar. It leads to death from diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, etc.

Upvote 0

Darkness Flame

May 18, 2016
Bothell
✟7,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm simply responding to your post. You criticized people for smoking because it is bad for their health. Well, it is bad for your health to consume sugar. It leads to death from diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, etc.
I wasn't criticizing actually. I was just pointing out what is true. I know i have unhealthy habits, and I would say the same of mine.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Upvote 0